ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success, Croydon 8 Oct 2012 / 480 days out,self-employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BobSteel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

ILR Success, Croydon 8 Oct 2012 / 480 days out,self-employed

Post by BobSteel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Alhamdulillah, after a few months of stress, I got my ILR granted at the Croydon office this week.

480 days out of the UK total, 160 for personal, 220 for work. Longest consecutive trip was 25 days holiday.

I was employed 2.5 of the 5 years at two different firms. The latter 2.5 years I was self-employed.

They asked for letters from each of my employers confirming travel necessary for work, which I had. I also had a letter written by myself documenting my work trips from both former employers (via a HR drone they have on staff).

I included 5 years of bank statements since I only had one P60. That seemed satisfactory to them since I had plenty of money always coming in from overseas into that account.

Once up to the second floor, waiting time was rather long as they verified documents. But it worked out at the end.

Tips:
1) make a binder and use punched pockets to hold each document. I made an index of 25 things I needed and put each in a punched pocket.
2) the earlier the better - 8am appointments mean less queuing.

Thanks to the forum regulars for maintaining this. This site has been a helpful reference!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:55 am

Congratulations for ILt and your stress free time.

BobSteel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by BobSteel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:36 pm

And BRP came today despite hassles with DX. Apparently was ready to be delivered last Wednesday but I had to email to get tracking and DX didn't leave a card. Idiots!

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi BobSteel,

How long did UKBA take to reply to your email with the tracking no?

Thanks