ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smaganti

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by smaganti » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi,

I have received my naturalization approval today.In the letter they stated i need to call my council and book Citizenship Ceremony.Do i still need to wait for another letter or just call council and book an appointment

olawest

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by olawest » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

smaganti wrote:Hi,

I have received my naturalization approval today.In the letter they stated i need to call my council and book Citizenship Ceremony.Do i still need to wait for another letter or just call council and book an appointment
Call council and book.

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Its worth a try, i rang my council and they said i have to wait for my invitation letter. My invitstion arrived today so ill be calling the council on monday.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Jellybean123 wrote:Its worth a try, i rang my council and they said i have to wait for my invitation letter. My invitstion arrived today so ill be calling the council on monday.
Thank you.On the approval letter you got did they say call council and book citizenship ceremony? They stated this in the approval letter I received.not sure to wait for the invitation letter or not

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 pm

I got an approval letter and then the ceremony invitation letter 8 days later. Some people seem to get one letter for both.

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 pm

On my approval letter they told mr not to ring council and to wait for my invitation letter. I rang council before i got invitation letter in hope they will give me a date for cereminy but lady said that they cant book me in for ceremony until i got invitatiin cos council waiting for my certificate thats why you should ring council upon receiving your invitation but if your approval letter said ring council ill ring them if im you hope this helps.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 pm

thanks Jellybean and Kel

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:42 am

Got a call from council today for the date to be booked for ceremony and booked it on 28/11/2012.So only one letter no need to wait for invitation letter for me.

Thanks guys

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:18 pm

smaganti wrote:Got a call from council today for the date to be booked for ceremony and booked it on 28/11/2012.So only one letter no need to wait for invitation letter for me.

Thanks guys
why don't you ask them if there are any cancellations and that you want to attend ASAP! You would rather get it over with within the next few weeks and apply for a passport. If you can afford it, ask them for a private ceremony (around £100-£150) and book it for next week to get your naturalisation process over with. I'd go crazy if I had to wai 1.5 months knowing that it can be done tomorrow...

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:07 pm

mcovet, unless there is upcoming travel plans, y the hurry?

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 pm

mcovet wrote:
smaganti wrote:Got a call from council today for the date to be booked for ceremony and booked it on 28/11/2012.So only one letter no need to wait for invitation letter for me.

Thanks guys
why don't you ask them if there are any cancellations and that you want to attend ASAP! You would rather get it over with within the next few weeks and apply for a passport. If you can afford it, ask them for a private ceremony (around £100-£150) and book it for next week to get your naturalisation process over with. I'd go crazy if I had to wai 1.5 months knowing that it can be done tomorrow...
I have to wait until mid November because of travel plans.the date they gave suits as I will be back in november.they told they have private ceremony next week and private ceremony costs 200 pounds

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:07 am

well, in my view the process of naturalisation isn't finished yet and noone knows what may happen when you go away (god forbid but due to an emergency etc one may get stuck abroad, even prison- worst case scenario). If you obtained the certificate before going, you are a Brit and no emergency can affect it. If you go away and get stuck- the HO may withdraw the naturalisation certificate if ceremony not attended within 90 days (thought they may extend the time limit due to extraneous circumstances in certain cases).

So, £200=peace of mind or save the final installment but take a very very very remote, but still a risk that one may not complete the citizenship process and then regret it for the rest of your life+ another new application costing £850 approx...

That is my point and that's why I encouraged the dude to do it ASAP. I must be the only one who thinks this way.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 am

Fair enough your view but i think it's abit of an exaggeration. Since i am not travelling but choose to wait a month for my ceremony because i wasnt willing to fork out 150 pounds to do a private one, what wd your reasoning be for encouraging me to do a private one asap?

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:39 am

I was also considering going on a private ceremony cos then I can have more than two guests but then I thought wouldn't it be dull and boring cos ur the only one taking the oath. Where as a public ceremony you can experience it with other citizens the only downfall is you are only allowed too guests.