ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel for work if EEA2 application outstanding?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cib24
Newly Registered
United States of America

Travel for work if EEA2 application outstanding?

Post by cib24 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello,

I'm in urgent need of advice on whether or not I can travel for work reasons if I currently have an EEA2 application outstanding. I am a US citizen and applied while in the UK for an EEA2 under my spouse at the end of August and asked for my passport back to show to my new employer at the end of September. My new employer is eager to send me on a business trip to South Africa at the end of October that will last for about 10 days but I am unsure as to whether or not I can actually travel due to the letter I received from the UKBA when they returned my passport. The letter states the following:

"Your passport and your EEA sponsor's ID card are being returned to enable you to travel.

Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United Kingdom should apply for an EEA family permit at a British diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country. An EEA family permit is issued free of charge on a priority basis.

It should be noted that any such application would need to be supported by evidence to show that the EEA national is in the United Kingdom, is exercising Treaty rights, and that the relationship is as claimed.

Please do not return your Passport to the Home Office until it has been requested by a caseworker."

I have spoken to an immigration adviser and he stated that as long as I have the official letter from the UKBA that my application is being processed, a letter from my employer that I was traveling on business, proof of marriage and that my wife is living and working in the UK, then I should be able to re-enter the country as a family member residing and not a tourist.

Could someone confirm and please advise on whether or not this is actually true and that I would not potentially be refused re-entry into the UK?

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm

As a US citizen you should have no problem boarding the plane back to the UK. I think the immigration adviser has advised you correctly except that your employment doesn't matter unless your wife happens to be self-sufficient. The CoA (I suppose that's the official letter you are referring to) should suffice for reentry.

cib24
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cib24 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:46 pm

My wife is not self-employed but like me, works for a very large Fortune 500 firm. So, as long as I have the official letter and a letter from my employer I should be alright? Because I currently do not have the 6-month version of the EEA family permit in my passport since the last time I re-entered the country it was through my work permit, which has now expired. Thus, when I applied for the EEA2 I was married and prior to that was in the country via my work permit from my former employer.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:58 pm

I meant self-sufficient. That's a person other than one in employment, self-employed or studying. But obviously that's irrelevant here anyway.

The reason for your travel is of no importance and so is a letter from your employer. The CoA is helpful because it is a proof of your application. It should also mention that you have applied as a married person. Unless that has changed the UKBA carries out a pre-check on all applications which means that the CoA confirms that relevant documents like marriage certificate or employment related documents of your wife is with them in Liverpool. But if it makes you more comfortable you can take copies any of the other suggested documents.

cib24
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cib24 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Alright, you are yet another person confirming that I won't have a problem re-entering the country so long as I have the CoA, which I do, and any other supporting documents should the immigration officers ask for them. Looks like I will let my company know that I'm good to travel unless someone else says otherwise.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 pm

your query is similiar to the following link one. just refer to it.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#717887
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Mr. Ali

EEA2 Delays

Post by Mr. Ali » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 am

Hello All

I have signed a petition against the delays of EEA2 applications. Please sign this petition by clicking the link below and ask all your friends and family member whoever been a victim of the system.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40133

Appreciate your time and effort

Thanks