ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
fsixteen wrote:Applied on 13/07/2012 for ILR SET (O), no biometric request till today. I called UKBA today and I am informed that the application is not in the system. Is there anyone in the same boat ?
Did they send you acknowledgment letter?
Yes they did (after 3 weeks)

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm

fsixteen wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:
fsixteen wrote:Applied on 13/07/2012 for ILR SET (O), no biometric request till today. I called UKBA today and I am informed that the application is not in the system. Is there anyone in the same boat ?
As I can see in my letter, there is HO reference number. So, how can they have ref number but not application in th system?

It is rhetorical question.

fsixteen

Post by fsixteen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
fsixteen wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:
As I can see in my letter, there is HO reference number. So, how can they have ref number but not application in th system?

This is called MAGIC of UKBA

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:55 pm

glitch
Last edited by Justiceseeker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Justiceseeker wrote:
fsixteen wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:
fsixteen wrote:

This is called MAGIC of UKBA
wow, I did not know that such things happen in UKBA.

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

nabil200131 wrote:to Hua Ling:
I have just had a look to your spreadsheet , The work is impressive . Thank you for making it easier. It looks like June's applications are being dealt with and addressed ....Slowly.
Thanks again for your comments.

The spreadsheet ,I've done is in date order of biometric examinations for June applications.

Worrying is that UKBA have only processed 110 apps up till end of last week, (in the week that my wife applied) - still 660 to go.
at least we are looking at the most, from now to 2 weeks-Hopefully.

To fellow applicants, who observe the board,

Please register and post your timeline - it does help all of us, who are waiting.

mrsnzuki
Newly Registered

Delivery attempt

Post by mrsnzuki » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Im now in a similar position to Leekybob we have had a missed delivery attempt today but ours was from DX? I am not expecting anything else to be delivered... This was the people that delivered my daughters passport recently so could this be it???? Anybody that has had there visa recently please let us know??? Its now being redelivered wednesday... fingers and toes crossed trying not to get our hopes up as this could mean we can take a trip home before I return to work soon..... No letter received.
Leekybob wrote:Yep, fingers crossed! Arranged to pick it up Tuesday so we'll see... Although I'm not holding my breath on it being the passports!
mrsnzuki wrote:
Leekybob wrote:Those who've had their passports back and successful return if documents etc, what company is it sent by? We had a missed attempted delivery yesterday from Royal Mail Signed For... But don't believe we're waiting for anything else, could this be it???
hope it is if you get yours this week do let us know as we applied two days later than you! so hopefully that means ours will be here soon too. Fingers crossed for you!

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi! My adviser said they haven't received it, though I have a sneaking suspicion that they've lost it. I don't really care, as personally not needing it, and money has been taken, plus have Royal Mail delivery confirmation.
skyper wrote:
Baxx wrote:My payment was taken like 18 days after application was sent (1/8/12.)
As for acknowledgement letter, I have not received it yet, though my legal adviser may have lost it. My feeling is that letters are not always received?
You should ring yours legal advisor and ask for Ack letter.Let see what he reply..In most cases home office send acknowledge letter to legal advisor within 2 weeks..Normally in one week.

june2012app
Newly Registered

Post by june2012app » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi All,
I am a regular reader of this forum and it is really helpful. Please keep updating.

My application details :
SET (M)
1. Date application posted: 15/06/2012
2. Date application received at UKBA: 16/06/2012
3. Date payment debited: 19/06/2012. Payment method : CARD
4. Acknowledgement letter received: 20/06/2012
5. Biometric letter received: 31/08/2012 (Letter dated 17/08/2012)
Done same day 31/08/2012
6. Status: Waiting

Best regards,

June2012app

sahdi

Re: Delivery attempt

Post by sahdi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:26 pm

mrsnzuki wrote:Im now in a similar position to Leekybob we have had a missed delivery attempt today but ours was from DX? I am not expecting anything else to be delivered... This was the people that delivered my daughters passport recently so could this be it???? Anybody that has had there visa recently please let us know??? Its now being redelivered wednesday... fingers and toes crossed trying not to get our hopes up as this could mean we can take a trip home before I return to work soon..... No letter received.
Leekybob wrote:Yep, fingers crossed! Arranged to pick it up Tuesday so we'll see... Although I'm not holding my breath on it being the passports!
mrsnzuki wrote:
Leekybob wrote:Those who've had their passports back and successful return if documents etc, what company is it sent by? We had a missed attempted delivery yesterday from Royal Mail Signed For... But don't believe we're waiting for anything else, could this be it???
hope it is if you get yours this week do let us know as we applied two days later than you! so hopefully that means ours will be here soon too. Fingers crossed for you!

Hi Dix are the company that deliver yout biometric card.....hopefully good news for you

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:13 pm

sahdi wrote:
mrsnzuki wrote:Im now in a similar position to Leekybob we have had a missed delivery attempt today but ours was from DX? I am not expecting anything else to be delivered... This was the people that delivered my daughters passport recently so could this be it???? Anybody that has had there visa recently please let us know??? Its now being redelivered wednesday... fingers and toes crossed trying not to get our hopes up as this could mean we can take a trip home before I return to work soon..... No letter received.
mrsnzuki wrote: hope it is if you get yours this week do let us know as we applied two days later than you! so hopefully that means ours will be here soon too. Fingers crossed for you!

Hi Dix are the company that deliver yout biometric card.....hopefully good news for you
Hi Sahdi,

Do Royal Mail return your passport,documents etc? and DX return your BRP?

Bit strange that UKBA use 2 different mail companies, to deliver confidential docs from their office.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Hua Ling wrote:
sahdi wrote:

Hi Sahdi,

Do Royal Mail return your passport,documents etc? and DX return your BRP?

Bit strange that UKBA use 2 different mail companies, to deliver confidential docs from their office.
Hi yes that's right, dx deliver the biometrics, and Royal Mail deliver passport and docs. So hopefully you should be getting some good news soon too!!

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Re: Delivery attempt - DX

Post by Leekybob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Mrs Nzuki I too have had a missed delivery today from DX!!! ...I believe this is it... I've rearranged for ours to be delivered to my work on Wednesday, plus I'm still collecting the 'Royal Mail signed for' packet Tuesday afternoon... I 'think' that they send the passports separately from the original documents, so someone can't illegal 'become you' if they get hold of that one packet... so I'm hoping that between those packages my wife and I will finally have our passports back with our documents plus finally her ILR!!!
If so.... I don't think it was that long a wait really....
:D
mrsnzuki wrote:

thedesihunter
Newly Registered

Post by thedesihunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Hua Ling wrote:
nabil200131 wrote:My application details :

1. Date application posted: 22/06/12
2. Date application received at UKBA: 24/06/12
3. Date payment debited: 26/06/2012. Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
4. Acknowledgement letter received: 03/07/12 (Letter dated 27-06-12)
5. Biometric letter received: 18/08/12 Done same day

The UKBA acknowledged on Nov11th,2012 that for the week between 18June to 24th, 2012 : 761 SET(M) Applications were received by post. So far, 101 of them were answered ( taking an average of 73 calendar days) and 660 are still pending.
Thank you all for your posts it kept me informed but boys (and Girls) I hate waiting.
Thanks Nabil for your info.

Where is this letter Nabil?, does it say, how long for ,after biometrics taken?

I have just created a spreadsheet for June apps.(Leekybob is red, as its a ? if his docs are received)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/ilr.png/

17 applicants in June on this board.

6 approved - 11 outstanding.
got an update on my case from UKBA that it has not been assigned to a case worker yet :(

skyper
Newly Registered

Post by skyper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 pm

thedesihunter wrote:
Hua Ling wrote:

The UKBA acknowledged on Nov11th,2012 that for the week between 18June to 24th, 2012 : 761 SET(M) Applications were received by post. So far, 101 of them were answered ( taking an average of 73 calendar days) and 660 are still pending.
Thank you all for your posts it kept me informed but boys (and Girls) I hate waiting.

I have just created a spreadsheet for June apps.(Leekybob is red, as its a ? if his docs are received)

got an update on my case from UKBA that it has not been assigned to a case worker yet :(
Don't worry soon they will send you letter for Biometrics and then you will be in their system.

This is a waiting game man.

:lol:

thedesihunter
Newly Registered

Post by thedesihunter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 am

skyper wrote:
thedesihunter wrote:
Hua Ling wrote:

Don't worry soon they will send you letter for Biometrics and then you will be in their system.

This is a waiting game man.

:lol:
I did my biometrics 20-08-2012, i am in shock that after almost 2 months of submitting my biometrics i m told my case is not assigned to a case worker yet...this means almost 4 months altogether since they recieved the application and no case worker yet.. looks like i need to wait another 72 days ..lol :D

mrsnzuki
Newly Registered

Post by mrsnzuki » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am

I have had a letter from the Uk Border agency this morning..... My Husbands visa has been approved he now has indefinite leave to remain. 16 weeks in total. 8 weeks for biometrics and then 8 weeks now for his card. We had a missed delivery yesterday as noted previously from Dx which is arranged for tommorow.... This must be his residence permit. we had no documents to be returned because we went through the checking service.....

My heart goes out to all those who are still waiting.... For those that are genuine I hope you have swift delivery of your visas.....

Now im going to leap Billy elliott style across the room for a bit....
Leeky Bob best of luck looks like yours is through too...

thanks for all your support everyone...
Leekybob wrote:Mrs Nzuki I too have had a missed delivery today from DX!!! ...I believe this is it... I've rearranged for ours to be delivered to my work on Wednesday, plus I'm still collecting the 'Royal Mail signed for' packet Tuesday afternoon... I 'think' that they send the passports separately from the original documents, so someone can't illegal 'become you' if they get hold of that one packet... so I'm hoping that between those packages my wife and I will finally have our passports back with our documents plus finally her ILR!!!
mrsnzuki wrote: hope it is if you get yours this week do let us know as we applied two days later than you! so hopefully that means ours will be here soon too. Fingers crossed for you!

Leekybob
Newly Registered

Post by Leekybob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 am

That is really great news... and I can only assume my wife's has been approved too but it will be good to see it in writing later this afternoon when I pick it up!

Although it is something that you don't let rule your life, as in the end it just allows you to do what you were already doing - staying here and working etc, but the feeling like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders is remarkable, plus now the ability for us to both actually travel a bit is a nice feeling - although we've sort of missed the best weather 'summer holiday' window but hey ho, maybe a nice weekend away somewhere could be on the cards... and not having to stick with the Lake District or something haha! :D

I guess that if you have a genuine application, in a genuine marriage (Set M's) then there is really nothing to worry about, it's just a matter of time for the rest of those applicants...
mrsnzuki wrote:I have had a letter from the Uk Border agency this morning..... My Husbands visa has been approved he now has indefinite leave to remain. 16 weeks in total. 8 weeks for biometrics and then 8 weeks now for his card. We had a missed delivery yesterday as noted previously from Dx which is arranged for tommorow.... This must be his residence permit. we had no documents to be returned because we went through the checking service.....

My heart goes out to all those who are still waiting.... For those that are genuine I hope you have swift delivery of your visas.....

Leekybob wrote:Mrs Nzuki I too have had a missed delivery today from DX!!! ...I believe this is it... I've rearranged for ours to be delivered to my work on Wednesday, plus I'm still collecting the 'Royal Mail signed for' packet Tuesday afternoon... I 'think' that they send the passports separately from the original documents, so someone can't illegal 'become you' if they get hold of that one packet... so I'm hoping that between those packages my wife and I will finally have our passports back with our documents plus finally her ILR!!!

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Post by Hua Ling » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 am

mrsnzuki wrote:I have had a letter from the Uk Border agency this morning..... My Husbands visa has been approved he now has indefinite leave to remain. 16 weeks in total. 8 weeks for biometrics and then 8 weeks now for his card. We had a missed delivery yesterday as noted previously from Dx which is arranged for tommorow.... This must be his residence permit. we had no documents to be returned because we went through the checking service.....

Congratulations, thanks so much for sharing your info.

Happyman
Newly Registered

Just got my BRP! June 2012 applicant

Post by Happyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Alhamdulillah!!

Hi all, I am a silent follower of this forum. Just got my BRP.
For all the June applicant :
Applied:14.06.12
Biometric letter received:10.08.12 done same day
BRP received:16.10.12,

Hua Ling
Newly Registered

Re: Just got my BRP! June 2012 applicant

Post by Hua Ling » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Happyman wrote:Alhamdulillah!!

Hi all, I am a silent follower of this forum. Just got my BRP.
For all the June applicant :
Applied:14.06.12
Biometric letter received:10.08.12 done same day
BRP received:16.10.12,
Congratulations, thanks so much for sharing your info.

benz710
Newly Registered

Post by benz710 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Completed timeline:

Set M
Application submitted: 6/6/2012

Money taken: 11/06/2012

Acknowledgement Letter: 15/06/2012. dated 11/06/2012.

Request for Biometrics - Liverpool: 9/8/12 dated 7/8/12

Biometrics done: 10/8/12

Approval letter received + Documents back: 13/10/12 (Collected from a local delivery office), Letter dated 05/10/2012

Biometric permit arrived: redelivered by DX 16/10/2012, BRP issued on 5/10/2012

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:11 pm

It seems that SET(M) applications are assessed quicker than SET(O).

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Congrats!! Wishing your family a truly blessed life together :)

oakgreendub
Newly Registered

Post by oakgreendub » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm

We are approaching 8 months now and I am now getting worried about our application. Can anyone recommend the best method of contacting UKBA which will actually let us find out where our application is stuck?

I called them on 0870 606 7766 a few weeks ago after the 6 month date passed and was told that "nothing has been sent out since biometrics" and that I would have to write to UKBA Reporting Center in Liverpool for any more information. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is worthwhile?

My wife is due to give birth in January and she wants to travel back to South Korea to give birth with her mother and sister nearby. I feel heartbroken that I can't give her this option. I am even considering to ask UKBA to just return her old passport and just apply for another Spousal Visa later. It's our worst nightmare.

Thank you Sheford for creating the spreadsheet: http://sdrv.ms/RvZWlC
I can see that there are 11 of us who applied in March still waiting. Because of the long wait we feel it will arrive any day now, but it doesn't.