ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PEO Croydon Oct 2012 – 5yrs Wpermit + 2 depe

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

ILR Success at PEO Croydon Oct 2012 – 5yrs Wpermit + 2 depe

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am

First and foremost thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ and Father God Almighty for his mercies and grace.

I felt the need to share my experience to help someone else as this forum has assisted me in preparing my own application for which I am also greatful.

My Experience:

After 1 week of trying to book slot online I got tired and decided to use legal representative (extra cost was worth it) as they get slots easier than the general public.

In fact 85% of the people in Crydon had legal reps hence you cannot get appointments easily.

Documents use (as depending on the case worker they can ask for things which is not in there very own guidance) -

1. Wpermit letter
2. Letter from employer clearly stating SOC code, salary, salary rate and stating its above the rate as well as I am needed for the forseeable future.
(Make sure the job description is exactly the same as wpermit)
3. Another Letter from employer confirming my last payslip is accurate as I have online payslips. (YOU NEED THIS if you have online or copies)
4. P60 - (I had the last two ) - Please if you have them carry them it helps
5. 12mths payslips
6. 1 month bank statement - online statements but stamped by the bank
7. 2 Life in the UK test (The test is about to change so do it quickly unless you want to learn poetry and history)
8. Dates in and out the UK about 75 in five yrs

EXTRAS - but was not needed by case worker
8. EXTRA Cohab document for wife and I - Council tax and bank statement
9. EXTRA Letter from my son school indicating he attends school
10. Copy of deed showing i own my own property

Steps from the start to finish
Security
Then payment (debit card)
Then Legal rep submit case for data entry
Then biometrics
Then left after 35mins or so

Legal rep present case no issues only question asked about payslips being copies however had the second letter stating they are official from my employers.

Legal rep collect collects at the end of day and confirm success.

All went well and now thank God I have ILR never to be under immigration control again.

My personal advice is to ensure your case is water tight before visiting any peo and if you need to travel as I do then use peo appt rather than post. Have everything neat and presentable and be patient and keep calm.All the best to all others and happy to respond to queries on my experience.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success at PEO Croydon Oct 2012 – 5yrs Wpermit + 2

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 am

Heisgood wrote: ....
1. Wpermit letter
2. Letter from employer clearly stating SOC code, salary, salary rate and stating its above the rate as well as I am needed for the forseeable future.
Congratulations.

Does the Work Permit have 'job description' or 'job title'? I am assuming you meant job title on both employer letter and work permit.

Thanks
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

chagan

Post by chagan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Heisgood wrote:First and foremost thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ and Father God Almighty for his mercies and grace.

I felt the need to share my experience to help someone else as this forum has assisted me in preparing my own application for which I am also greatful.

My Experience:

After 1 week of trying to book slot online I got tired and decided to use legal representative (extra cost was worth it) as they get slots easier than the general public.

In fact 85% of the people in Crydon had legal reps hence you cannot get appointments easily.

Documents use (as depending on the case worker they can ask for things which is not in there very own guidance) -

1. Wpermit letter
3. Another Letter from employer confirming my last payslip is accurate as I have online payslips. (YOU NEED THIS if you have online or copies)
5. 12mths payslips
7. 2 Life in the UK test (The test is about to change so do it quickly unless you want to learn poetry and history)

Security
Then biometrics

Legal rep present case no issues only question asked about payslips being copies however had the second letter stating they are official from my employers.

All went well and now thank God I have ILR never to be under immigration control again.

My personal advice is to ensure your case is water tight before visiting any peo and if you need to travel as I do then use peo appt rather than post. Have everything neat and presentable and be patient and keep calm.All the best to all others and happy to respond to queries on my experience.

Hi There,
What was the cost of legal representative?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Heisgood wrote: Then payment (debit card)
Which card did you use...? Which bank issued it?

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Congrats........

Can u plz share Employment format here plz...

Also what do u mean by work permit letter ? is it the first confirmation to the company that work permit has been issued or the second letter saying ur work permit has been approved when u applied for the stamp (FLR) on ur passport.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
Heisgood wrote: ....
1. Wpermit letter
Congratulations.

Does the Work Permit have 'job description' or 'job title'? I am assuming you meant job title on both employer letter and work permit.

Thanks
Correct job title. ie Security Consultant must say Security Consultant and not Security Engineer although both may be close.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

chagan wrote:
Heisgood wrote:First and foremost thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ and Father God Almighty for his mercies and grace.

My Experience:

1. Wpermit letter
5. 12mths payslips

Security
Then biometrics

Hi There,
What was the cost of legal representative?[ This vary but around £600 for a good representative]

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:47 pm

p2kin wrote:
Heisgood wrote: Then payment (debit card)
Which card did you use...? Which bank issued it?
A normal debit card issued by the usual high street banks. Prefer not to name it. If you are worried about card decline with bank then use a bankers draft.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:57 pm

pure desire wrote:Congrats........

Can u plz share Employment format here plz...

Also what do u mean by work permit letter ?

is it the first confirmation to the company that work permit has been issued or the second letter saying ur work permit has been approved when u applied for the stamp (FLR) on ur passport.
ANSWERS
1. The document you received when the work permit was issued
ie it states your job title, salary, company and the length of time the wp is for in my case 60mths

2. I used both the letter stating
my work permit was successful (not sure if this needed this) however the other one showing the wpermit particulars as mentioned above is needed. Please note this is based on my experience. If you don't have it don't panic but find out if its of any value from the professional lawyers or the senior guys on the forum.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 pm

sorry i meant employment letter format ??? which shows my pay, soc code, that im needed for foreseeable future.

did u had any pay rise during those 5 years ?

mcove
Newly Registered

Post by mcove » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:21 pm

No Marriage certificate? Do they no require one if you apply together with your spouse?

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:44 pm

mcove wrote:No Marriage certificate? Do they no require one if you apply together with your spouse?
Sorry yes Marriage Certificate was there.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm

pure desire wrote:sorry i meant employment letter format ??? which shows my pay, soc code, that im needed for foreseeable future.

did u had any pay rise during those 5 years ?
ANSWERS

1. When I receive back my documentation i will see if there is a copy of the letter but basically the forum has a sticky letter which is good enough. Others have used successfully.

2. Very good question i was very concern about this point as i got 3-4 pay rises (which is to be expected as you cannot remain on the same pay for 5yrs unless you are under performing or there is a standard pay freeze in my view) however that's where p60 helps as it show your annual increase.

caprigsb
Newly Registered

Post by caprigsb » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for this post. It is very helpful and congratulation!!!
I have one question though..Did you get an approval letter or any such letter that stated that your ILR application was successful at the conclusion of this appointment process? (I suppose they will only issue biometrics card and there will be no stamp in the passport as per the new guidelines).

Regards

priya26

Post by priya26 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am

@heisgood

Please let me know if you got any letter on the day confirming that you had been granted the ilr ?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am

how much did you pay on top of ukba fee

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

[quote="caprigsb"]Hi There,

Thanks for this post. It is very helpful and congratulation!!!
I have one question though..Did you get an approval letter or any such letter that stated that your ILR application was successful at the conclusion of this appointment process? (I suppose they will only issue biometrics card and there will be no stamp in the passport as per the new guidelines).

Regards[/quote - Thanks for all the congratulations I am still celebrating this victory as it's been a long hard road!) To answer your questions

UNOFFICIAL WAY
At the end of the process (I/legal assistant) got a basic letter stating your documents are being returned and that you should have you biometrics card in 7-10days.(This is generally taken to mean success but UKBA don't state this in the letter).

OFFICIAL WAY
YOU GET YOUR BIOMETRIC CARD AND A LETTER CONFIRMING YOUR SETTLEMENT (my own arrived after 3days)

Please note this is my own personal experience I am sharing not hear say.All the best in your pursuit.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

[quote="priya26"]@heisgood

Please let me know if you got any letter on the day confirming that you had been granted the ilr ?[/please see my detailed response to caprigsb on the same thread a few mins ago ]

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

when they gave me my documents back, including the letter, she said to me that ILR has been granted and that I should receive my BRP Card in 7/10 days. But when I read the letter it didn't say anything about grant of ILR on it.

That letter is just a template, which is not properly aligned/justified and no one even bothers to highlight text and click the JUSTIFIED button in MS Word so it looks more presentable. :evil:

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

[quote="innocentdevil"]when they gave me my documents back, including the letter, she said to me that ILR has been granted and that I should receive my BRP Card in 7/10 days. But when I read the letter it didn't say anything about grant of ILR on it.

That letter is just a template, which is not properly aligned/justified and no one even bothers to highlight text and click the JUSTIFIED button in MS Word so it looks more presentable. :evil:

[quote ="heisgood"]

Agreed probably a template. In fact the letter contradicts itself and states it's not proof of ILR approval so to be 100% sure ask the CW or wait until BRP card and official letter arrive in the post.

All the best to all applicants.