ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA visiting to interview Migrant Workers!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khans

UKBA visiting to interview Migrant Workers!

Post by khans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi Forum,

Has anyone been interviewed by UKBA at their office site after the Tier-2 General visa was issued? My HR informed me that someone form UKBA will be visiting the office next week to interview all migrant workers currently on Tier-2 General.

Can anyone shed some light on what I should be prepared for and what my HR should expect?

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Regards,
Khans

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:27 pm

It sounds like a routine and random check. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Only someone who is working in a bogus capacity, either through their own deception or in collusion with the employer might have need to be concerned.

khans

Post by khans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks!

I read a post here sometime back from a member who had undergone a similar visit. He had submitted an account of question they had asked and checks they made. I can't seem to find the post. If anyone has the link to it please post.

Regards,
Khans

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

As a genuine Tier 2 migrant, are you not able to simply take this in your stride? If they want to speak to you they will tell you and they will ask only questions that you are able to answer based on your situation. They should endeavour to be polite and courteous at all times. It's not the Spanish Inquisition!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

As a genuine Tier 2 migrant, are you not able to simply take this in your stride? If they want to speak to you they will tell you and they will ask only questions that you are able to answer based on your situation. They should endeavour to be polite and courteous at all times. It's not the Spanish Inquisition!

khans

Post by khans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I sure can !

Let see what this one is all about then.

It never ends with these guys, does it ?!

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It sounds like a routine and random check. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Only someone who is working in a bogus capacity, either through their own deception or in collusion with the employer might have need to be concerned.
Exactly. My company had a 'unannounced visit' where my MD was interviewed for over 3 hours. I was interviewed for 15 mins. Thats all.

They were extremely polite and made it clear to us that this is a routine check to make sure all mechanisms are in place. It's been almost 6 months and we never heard from them. Looks like we are clean :lol:

@Khans - Make sure all systems in place for Audit officers. The most important things are your level1 users understanding and knowledge of the system. (Tier2 process) and Good record keeping. Such as keeping a record of all employees, Their visa statuses, Company details, HR policies etc. Even if few documents are missing UKBA will be nice and ask you to submit them later on. As long as standards are met you got nothing to worry about. But be prepared. As a migrant you will be asked the common questions; Your job title, Salary, Work nature, Sickness policy, blah blah.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)