ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm an idiot- mistake in visa form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hayleyham87
Newly Registered

I'm an idiot- mistake in visa form

Post by hayleyham87 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi There,

I recently applied for my Tier 2 work visa using the online form. I'm switching over from a tier 1 PSW. This is literally my 5th visa application and I made the worst error ever...

I wrote my birthday wrong!!!!

I was so careful to check over every detail and I somehow messed up the easiest part. Actually the second dumbest thing I have ever done.

The next morning I overnighted a change of circumstance form to UKBA, but do you think they'll be able to make the change relatively quickly and efficiently or have I ruined the whole thing?

My current visa expires in December, so I'm not sure if I should start making plans/ inform my employer I may have to transfer to the American office for a while.

I know I'm an idiot, but any kind advice is much appreciated. I've been freaking out about this for days!

Thanks,

Embarrassed in London aka Hayley

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Relax. We all humans and make mistakes.

You have sent the change of circumstances form and its the right thing to do. Just wait it out. My gut feeling is you should be fine.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)