ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

MN1 Registration timeline

Post by blackhorse99 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife are on ILR status (got it this month) at the moment. My child (5 years old) who is born in London is on HSMP dependent visa until end of December 2012. I was suggested by one of the solicitors before applying our ILR that since my child is born in UK, we don't have to apply ILR for him and that he can go for British Citizen registration as soon as we receive our ILR.
Now since we have received our ILR i am about to apply my childs British Citizen registration.
1. Can some one please let me know the time line to get the registration?
2. We have plan to go abroad for 2 weeks in November 2012. Can my child travel abroad along with us before his visa (HSMP dependent) is expired and before he get his British Citizen registration.

Please advice

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm

1. Browse through this topic.
2. Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

Post by blackhorse99 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks for your reply sushdmehta.

Our departure from london is 29th november and return is 15th december 2012 and my child's visa (HSMP dependant) is expring on 23rd december.

1. Can my child still travel with us and will it be any problem at the UK immigration while returning back, since we are on ILR and my child would be on HSMP dependant visa?

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi - I was in similar situation where I was on ILR and kid was on Tier 1 Visa and we travelled to India and returned to UK without any issue, January this year. To be on safer side though, apply for child's MN1 registration before travelling ( atleast one week before) and keep those documents and child's birth certificate with you. Hope this info is helpful.

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

Post by blackhorse99 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks Kapoor.

Another query is that..

My child is born in London but was out of UK for little more than 2 years (february 2010 to April 2012). Me and my wife have got ILR where as my child is still on HSMP dependant visa (expiry date 23rd december 2012). So as adviced by solicitor in the previous instance, i am about to apply British Citizen registration directly instead of ILR.
I have a bit problem with the referee in MN1 form for my child (who is 4 years and 9 months old). I spoke to our GP where my child is registered, but the GP is not willing to give referee..Reason: he knows the child only for 7 months. And his Teacher knows him since only a month.

As per MN1 form there should be 1 professional referee, but i am worried now as to who can give this ?

Please advice about the referee in this kind of situtation ?

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

Post by blackhorse99 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

Referee problem sorted.

Thanks

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

Post by blackhorse99 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,

I am worried about the child staying out of UK for more than 900 days and one of my friend said that this could be a worrying point..

Did anyone had this kind of situation ? Will the MN1 application be successful ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Child under 13 is not subject to any residential / absence requirement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

blackhorse99
Newly Registered

Post by blackhorse99 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks a lot sushdmehta.