ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to apply national insurance number with coa?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

how to apply national insurance number with coa?

Post by gagsgahra » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 am

i just got my coa..can anyone tell how i can apply national insurance number...what documents i need? thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: how to apply national insurance number with coa?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:26 pm

gagsgahra wrote:i just got my coa..can anyone tell how i can apply national insurance number...what documents i need? thanks
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:13 pm

yes certainly you can apply for National insurance number. You need to call their helpline and take appointment. Normally they require ID, proof of address and some proofs that you are trying to search job.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

Post by gagsgahra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:38 am

Englandd wrote:yes certainly you can apply for National insurance number. You need to call their helpline and take appointment. Normally they require ID, proof of address and some proofs that you are trying to search job.
thanks..but all my original documents and passport is in home office cos my application is still in progress?..can i show them xerox copies?

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:22 am

Make an appointment. Discuss the issue with the job centre you are assigned to.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 am

Try claiming benefits, even just to get national insurance credits. This puts the onus upon them to steer you to obtaining a NINO. They can process a benefit claim clerically and give you a temporary number which is often your date of birth with 'TN' as a prefix, best not to take no as an answer, escalate the request to a more senior member of staff and ask them to take advice if so required.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 am

Doing that through a benefit claim is possible too but will necessarily delay the process.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 pm

You can request back your passport, take with you latest bank statement/driving licence/tenancy agreement as proof of address and try to get few application forms to show your intention of searching job.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.