ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted - PEO Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by mziyabo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Good news - ILR was granted today at PEO Solihull.

Documents submitted:
1.12 payslips
2.12 bank statements
3. Life in UK test
4.2 passports with Hsmp + teir 1 visas

Experience:
Solihull PEO is nice and small. All the staff are friendly and polite. It's better than my experiences in croydon. I arrived @ 10:30 promptly for 11pm appointment. I parked at John Lewis car park c.2mins form the PEO. There where delays due to staffing. I must admit mine was a straightforward case. I have no offences and my are absences from UK are less then 50days as I have a lot of family here.

CW spent 10-15 mins looking at my application. I had over 100 points. He gave me the good news that my ILR had been granted.

Myths busted:
I have full-time job plus a limited company as well. I only claimed points on my fulltime job. There were no issues. Also they is no maintenance minimum required at no point did he talk about how much money I have in the bank.

Follow the guidance notes and you will succeed.

Finally may I take this opportunity to thank the forum and its members for all their help. There is tons of useful information on this forum. Read the sticky on FAQ it has the best advice. Feel free to ask any specific questions.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi, mziyabo. Did you have any missing entry / exit stamps in your passport? If so, did you bring any backup to validate the entry / exit dates that you listed on your application form?

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Re: ILR granted - PEO Solihull

Post by mziyabo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm

somemightsay wrote:Hi, mziyabo. Did you have any missing entry / exit stamps in your passport? If so, did you bring any backup to validate the entry / exit dates that you listed on your application form?
I simply listed my absences on the form. I had very few absences as I said so there were no issues to highlight or explain. Equally I should add the CW took copies of all my entry & exit visas.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi mziyabo congratulations for your ILr. This is first time I am seeing you have submitted only required documents for ILR (hsmp+tier1 route). However from your another post I knew you took employer letter and P60 everything and you did not submit those. Did CW asked documents from you or you submitted from yourself.
Thanks

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by mziyabo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi mziyabo congratulations for your ILr. This is first time I am seeing you have submitted only required documents for ILR (hsmp+tier1 route). However from your another post I knew you took employer letter and P60 everything and you did not submit those. Did CW asked documents from you or you submitted from yourself.
Thanks
Indeed that's true. I took those documents for piece of mind. I believe it really depends on the CW. The guy I saw didn't ask for them, and I certainly didn't submit them.

Good advice from the forum only submit what the CW asks for.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm

mziyabo:Yes you are right but most cases I saw case worker did not asked for documents by mention instead they just askes submit supporting documents. I am going to Sheffield and could not make decision shall I stick with basic requirements (like you) or submit HMRC employer histoty as well. I saw many posts where they submit this letter as a supporting for 11L. Any suggestion

nmm

Post by nmm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Congratulations mziyabo,

I was too there at around the same time..

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by mziyabo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

nmm wrote:Congratulations mziyabo,

I was too there at around the same time..
Congratulation to u as well. Next stop citizenship.

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Finally my BRP card has arrived 14working days later

Post by mziyabo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 am

If it helps anyone I got my BRP today :cry: :lol: . It's 14 days later. Emailed the BRP twice. Apparently there was high demand for cards hence it took a while.

Many thanks to the forum for all the advice and best intentions. This forum has restored my faith in people power.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi, mziyabo. What are the dates of the latest payslip and bank statement that you submitted?

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Payslips

Post by mziyabo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:32 am

somemightsay wrote:Hi, mziyabo. What are the dates of the latest payslip and bank statement that you submitted?

When I applied in October the latest payslips I had was from August. The rules for teir 1 applicants is simple. You 12 months consecutive payslips from the last 15 months.

InUkOnHsmp

employer letter format

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 am

Hey mziyabo

Do you mind pasting a copy of your employer letter format here?
Challenges make life worth it!