ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian handwritten passport re-issue timing from London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npatel
Newly Registered

Indian handwritten passport re-issue timing from London

Post by npatel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello all,

I would like to request your experience in re-issuing your handwritten Indian passport from London consulate.
I have submitted mine on 17/10/2012 & was told that it needs to go to place of issue (Bhopal) for verification. Suggested time frame was a month. I am due to travel India on 19/11/2012 & hence got worried of this news. Since it has to go India for verification, I cannot use Tatkal service.

Please share your experience if you had similar situation.

PS: By the way I found the process of applying not that bad (contrast of diff blogs saying its horrendous). Its mostly the applicants who forgot to sign and/or paste pictures in diff parts of the form, which delays the process.

Thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm

This means your file will have to be retrieved from the office where passport was issued, it may take quite sometime.

npatel
Newly Registered

Post by npatel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks for the reply,
I've decided to cancel my application and get passport back(hopefully if they have not sent it already). I will later resubmit after returning from India.

npatel
Newly Registered

Post by npatel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am

Good news !!

Lady at the counter (no. 7) of Indian consulate reassured that passport will be re-issued before I travel. She also mentioned that the passport is not actually sent to place of issue(i.e Bhopal in my case). Maybe I misunderstood the officer earlier who said "the passport needs to be verified from the place of issue".

If there's no confusion then its not worth to be an Indian, I guess. Maybe the officer taking application was in more hurry than myself.

Anyway, I can't complain as I was responsible for submitting it this late !!

smkasim
Newly Registered

Post by smkasim » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm

have u got your passport renewed

npatel
Newly Registered

Post by npatel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am

Oh yes....it was actually ready on 29/10/2012. I emailed them last week & collected.