ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for BC for UK born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wenner

applying for BC for UK born child

Post by wenner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:31 pm

I would like to know if there is anyone on this board who have applied for their child's British Citizenship while the child is abroad.I am thinking about applying for my child's BC, but she is overseas at moment.I am not sure of I will find a dr or nurse who will be willing to act as a referee since she has been away for 1 year now.I was planning on using the NCS, but I saw just now on UKBA that when you apply from a common wealth country, you send your application to a different address in Liverpool.Does this mean that i cant use the NCS since I am applying on behalf of child who is in SA, a common wealth country?I will appreciate any advice.Please.please

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

If you're unable to find any referee who has engaged with your child in a professional capacity then any professional who knows you well (e.g. a family friend or a work colleague) may act as her referee. Your other referee, however, should be a holder of a British passport. HO is not as strict with MN1 referees so this shouldn't be a concern. With regard to your second query, Since you'd be applying in your daughter's behalf, she being a minor, I believe that you may still use the NCS, you being the main applicant in this case. If you're still in doubt, however, you may call your local NCS or HO to confirm this.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 pm

One question that also needs an answer (that I do not have, yet) is whether a parent can apply (on behalf of the child) for registration in the UK when the child is not physically present in the UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 am

But after the changes in July 2012, the 'receiving authority' for applications made abroad is also UKBA in Liverpool.

I don't think there is a problem now using NCS when the child is not present. The two different addresses are not really different. One is the physical address of the offices and the other one just a PO Box for that address.

wenner

Post by wenner » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 am

Thank you moderators, you have been most helpful.I am still not 100% sure if I can make the application from here while daughter is overseas, but I am going to take a chance and just use the NCS and apply.I think the registration document goes to the British High Commison in South Africa.I just hope I wont have to wait for long time.4 Months perhaps?
I know that the application for passport has to done where applicant is present.If I am successful and my daughter gets the registration certficate, is it better to apply for her ROA instead of the British passport since I am here and cant make the application for British passport from here?Or can my father make the application for her British passport since my daughter is staying with my parents at the moment?
Thank you again for any advice

wenner

Post by wenner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

I have asked my husband to sign the form for BC registration.He is in Albania at the moment.His dependency visa was refused twice before, because he lived in UK illegally.He went back on own expense, May 2010.he was never removed or asked to leave.I will apply for his spouse visa after I have been to visit him in Albania in a few weeks time.I just want to know, will the fact that he is the father, and was refused a visa twice, have any impact on her application?I know at least one parent should have ILR, and the registration under sec 1.3 is an entitlement.I am still a bit worried though, given his immigration history.Should I just leave his signature out?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm

The father's immigration status has no effect on the child's application as you rightfully stated it is an entitlement.

wenner

Post by wenner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

THANKS JAMBO

richardzcyuan
Newly Registered

Post by richardzcyuan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 am

Any news?