ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobobo

Naturalisation via NCS

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 am

Hi All, Just wanted to check something. I applied for naturalisation today via NCS. I had taken all my documents. Surprisingly the lady photocopied everything including the LIUK test Certificate and returned everything to me. I thought I would need to send the original to the HO, but she said they just need a copy I did NOT send this when I applied for ILR as I had PR via the EEA route. I was pleasently surprised6, I hope she knew what she was doing, but is this what actually happens?

other docs I supplied were:
1. Application form
2. CC detail for payment
3. Self assesment statements
4. PR confirmation on an A4 sheet paper
5. Passport (she took photocopies of)
6.LIUK test certificate (she took a photocopy of this)

All originals were returned to me.
thanks for your help

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

That is the only benefit of using NCS. You keep the original documents.

(plus they would check the form which is very straight forward)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

cheers mate, so its normal for them to just take a copy then, thats re-assuring

Ozair wrote:That is the only benefit of using NCS. You keep the original documents.

baldude

Post by baldude » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Ozair wrote:That is the only benefit of using NCS. You keep the original documents.

I beg to differ here....not intended to create a panic.
I submitted my naturalization application through NCS in last month and all were photocopied except for the LIUK where the original was sent away. Council worker reassured that LIUK Original will only be returned to me in case if my application is refused otherwise i will never receive it as i will never have a need for it.....that is what i was told.

i am a bit suspicious when you said LIUK original was returned to you. tehre were lots of posts here where NCS had sent away the LIUK original. But again, if HO need originals they may write/contact you?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm

The NCS don't need to submit the original LIUK certificate. They simply have to tick the form to confirm they've seen it.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm

baldude wrote:not intended to create a panic. (...) But again, if HO need originals they may write/contact you?
I agree. Since it went through NCS, HO cannot blame the applicant for submitting photocopies, and the application will not be affected. Maybe slightly delayed, if HO asks for the originals, but I doubt even that. No need to worry either way.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Only photocopy of LIUK submitted. I still have my original. That is the whole point of applying via NCS.

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 pm

My local NCS only photocopied my LIUK certificate and My application went through smoothly. I also know that in the absence of an original certificate, the reference number may just be noted on the AN form. I suppose the methods used by NCS differ from one council to another. No need to worry, though. You should receive your acknowledgment from Home Office soon :)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you all for your thoughts, I think going via NCS does reduce the risk and authenticates all documents that are submitted, tjis might not have worked if i made a direct application with the HO.

Glc wrote:My local NCS only photocopied my LIUK certificate and My application went through smoothly. I also know that in the absence of an original certificate, the reference number may just be noted on the AN form. I suppose the methods used by NCS differ from one council to another. No need to worry, though. You should receive your acknowledgment from Home Office soon :)