ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shanmugak
Newly Registered

Visa granted - Spouse & child

Post by shanmugak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,

My wife and son (1 yr) got their Settlement Visa (Spouse / Child visa) today.

Following is the list of documents they submitted along with the application:

1. Application
• Print out of online application (one for my wife and one for my son)

2. Passports
• Original and a copy of Wife's current Passport
• Original and a copy of Wife's previous Passport bearing maiden name.
• Original and a copy of Son's Passport

3.Relationship evidence
• Original Marriage Certificate citing our date and place of marriage
• Wedding invitation Card
• Photographs of our wedding and other photos taken together
• Land registry documents showing as the joint owners of the property.
• Letter from employer providing dependent details.
• Gmail Chat history to show the communication between me and my wife
• Airline & hotel booking made for honeymoon
• Greeting card sent for birthday and wedding anniversary.
• Son's Original Birth Certificate

4.Sponsor’s Details
• Copy of Sponsor’s Passport
• Copy of Sponsor’s ILR visa
• Copy of Sponsor’s previous visas (Work Permit visa, HSMP visa, Tier 1 visa etc.)

5.English Language requirement:
• Original Bachelor Degree Certificate (Bachelor Of Computer Applications from Bangalore University).
• Letter from the Bangalore University and College confirming that the course was taught in English.
• Screen shot showing the points awarded for English Language from Point Based Calculator.

6.Sponsor’s Employment Details & earning details:
• Original letter from employer stating salary and experience details with the company.
• Payslips from the employer for the last six months.
• One year of bank statements showing the recent salary credits.
• P60 for the year 2010-11 and 2011-12.

7.Accommodation details and address proof
• Land Registry Document
• Property Inspection Report issued by one of the UK’s leading real estate agent - Barnard Marcus
• Council Tax Demand Notice
• Water Bill
• Registration papers of Gas and Electricity supply
• Building Insurance Policy.

8.Proof of willingness from sponsor
• Original signed letter from me for wife and son.
• Signed SU07 letter for my wife and son.

10. Others
• Both of our Birth certificates to prove that we both were at least 18 years old at the time of marriage.
• Letter from bank providing details of personal loan taken
• Previous tier 1 dependant visa documents
• Immigration stamps and Airline tickets of Sponsor’s visits to India

Thank You,
Shanmuga K

------------------------------------------------------
20/07/2012= Submitted application @ VFS bangalore
23/07/2012= Under process at BHC
09/10/2012= Received call from BHC, chennai to provide employment contract
18/10/2012= Processed and Documents sent by Blue dart.
19/10/2012= Visa Granted

raz1979
Newly Registered

Post by raz1979 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi,

The appeal is pretty much a case of waiting at the moment. Reason for refusal was we didnt provide the original registration of marriage certificate. No other reason. Its quite a trivial reason and our own fault for not enclosing it with the supporting documents. They could have requested it. The date given for 19 week review is 3rd of Jan 2013. Ive enquired and they are currently giving decisions 3 weeks before the review date deadline, so in my case it should 2nd week in Dec. Cant do much else. Il contact bhc again in mumbai end of Nov. Whats the situation with u??

gkskumar12

When to travel.

Post by gkskumar12 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:57 am

Hello every one

My wife got her Spouse visa on 24/09/12.I am an ILR holder.
Unfortunately my father met with an accident and died last week and currently I am in India.
Now how long can my wife stay in India,max no of days with out effecting her visa???

Any suggestions about taking my mother as dependent, as she will be all alone here in India???
Is it wise to apply Visit visa and then try for dependent???
Pls advise

Thanks

s & s

Post by s & s » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:22 am

heya raz1979..i have lodged an appeal from mumbai north and wnted to ask wher did u enquire abt review being dne 3 weeks prior deadline..do they give information regarding all ths over the phone? cz i tried calling them up twice and all they really say is tht its under process..well if its 3 weeks prior then i wud say not too far for all of us to go..and hoping and praying for all r decisions to be overturned...awaiting your rep..thanx..

raz1979
Newly Registered

Post by raz1979 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 am

s & s wrote:heya raz1979..i have lodged an appeal from mumbai north and wnted to ask wher did u enquire abt review being dne 3 weeks prior deadline..do they give information regarding all ths over the phone? cz i tried calling them up twice and all they really say is tht its under process..well if its 3 weeks prior then i wud say not too far for all of us to go..and hoping and praying for all r decisions to be overturned...awaiting your rep..thanx..
Well my appeal is via Mumbai South, i rang the main BHC number and told them i required the original marriage certificate that we sent with the appeal documents in July back for another urgent matter. I had to make something up or else they would have just gave me a standard answer. Was put on hold and they gave me the direct number for the appeals team at Mumbai BHC.

I had quite an interesting chat with the lady and i advised her that i required the orginal document and as the appeal is quite straight forward, all they need to do is check document is the original and the marriage is defo registered. She told me she is unsure which ECO the appeal has gone back to as it goes back to the original person that made the decision and they then review. If they overturn the decision then it is passed to the ECM to make sure the reasons for issuing the visa are valid. Then the applicant will get a call directly from the embassy to bring their passport in.

She said my request was reasonable but they have heavy workload. She didnt want make any promises but will pass on my request but realistically looking at current processing times a decision for settlement visa appeals are being made 3 weeks before the review deadline.

I've left it with her and will followup in few weeks.

Hope that helps...

batleykhan

Re: When to travel.

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 am

gkskumar12 wrote:Hello every one

My wife got her Spouse visa on 24/09/12.I am an ILR holder.
Unfortunately my father met with an accident and died last week and currently I am in India.
Now how long can my wife stay in India,max no of days with out effecting her visa???

Any suggestions about taking my mother as dependent, as she will be all alone here in India???
Is it wise to apply Visit visa and then try for dependent???
Pls advise

Thanks
She can delay her arrival up to 3 months after visa is issued without it affecting the next stage of her application which will be teh ILR in 2 yrs time. If she stays longer than this, she may need to apply for FLR to make up the 2 yrs before she applies for her ILR.Hope this helps

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:08 pm

hi all

i had gone to my doctor today who has wriiten a letter for me to pass on to to the bhc dehli about how my health has been affected by the eco decision of refusal and how i am a single parent who works and if they do they decide to overturn the decision it would take a lot of stress of my head. in two minds whether i should email it to the bhc or leave it should my barrister wants to use it in court. any opinions would help
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

v2pail
Newly Registered

UK ILR dependant VISA PUNE

Post by v2pail » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 am

Applied UK ILR dependent VISA for my wife & son in PUNE

Submitted : 14/08/2012 PUNE

Processed : Processed sucessful and delivered via bluedart on 29/10/2012

Collected : 30/10/2012
Last edited by v2pail on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mastermind13
Newly Registered

Re: Visa granted - Spouse & child

Post by Mastermind13 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 pm

[quote="shanmugak"]Hi,

5.English Language requirement:
• Original Bachelor Degree Certificate (Bachelor Of Computer Applications from Bangalore University).
• Letter from the Bangalore University and College confirming that the course was taught in English.
• Screen shot showing the points awarded for English Language from Point Based Calculator.

Hi Shanmuga - screen shot showing the points awarded for English language from points based Calc - is this for your wife, can you plz post the link as to which one did you exactly fill ?

shanmugak
Newly Registered

Points-based calculator

Post by shanmugak » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Mastermind13,

Yes. That was for my wife. All though she was applying for Spouse Visa, we started with selecting option "Tier 1 (High-value Migrants)" and chose the options that led us to selecting university. We had to do so as there was no Spouse Visa option out there.

Points calculator can be accessed @ http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

In the UKBA site, it's also given that they accept evidence in the form of PointsCalculator results to show that the degree is comparable to UK degree.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

Look at the "More information" section which reads as follows:

You can check whether your qualification meets the requirement by using our points-based calculator, which contains information from UK NARIC. You will meet the English language requirement if the calculator confirms that your qualification:

is at or above the level of a UK bachelor's degree; and
was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level A1 on the CEFR.
If you cannot find your qualification on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it meet the requirement. You should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if they confirm that it is at the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from them.

Mastermind13
Newly Registered

Post by Mastermind13 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 am

Hi Shanmuga uk,

My wife is applying from outside UK & she doesn't have first entry date into UK,&the web site doesnt proivde the info without above two info, Are you saying we should just give the info for sake of it & take a screen shot of final page of qualification where it mentions uni, course etc.
should it matter since we are only trying to prove them the Uni and course is on UKBA list ?

Regards
Arun

Cf_firefly

Re: Visa granted - Spouse & child

Post by Cf_firefly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Shanmugak ,

Could you let me know how long it took for you to get the settlement visa for your Son . From submitting application to receiving passport with Visa ?

Thanks
Firefly

s & s

Post by s & s » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 am

hey raz1979...thanku for the quick response..it sure did help :) please update any latest from ur side as and when also plzz..:)

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm

hi all

I rang the bhc dehli was advised that no action has been taken on my husband appeal and they DONT overturn decisions if they do it is rare and the cases usually go back to the tribunal, furthermore when i then asked if they had sent it back to the appeals dept in leicester, they said it isnt up to us to send it back. When i rang the appeal guys in leicester they said well they still have two months to decide. however did come across someone with a pulse in the bhc who said she will call me tommorow after talking to the appeal dept. i mean if they are going to send it back why not just do it now so i can i get the court prep organised and get a date for the hearing.
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

s & s

Post by s & s » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 pm

skaur..i completely agree with you..i really dont undrstand the 19 weeks figure except for the fact tht they really wanna stress you out for no apparent reason..its easy for them jst to send it back so tht we get r court hearing date and proceed with the needful..planning to call the bhc mumbai tom bt cant really think how should i go abt them just to let me converse with the ppl in the appeal dept..

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm

well im going to be very direct with them and just ask when hopefully the ngirl call me tommorow if not im just going to demand to be put through to the appeal dept that i need to know if they are going to overturn or are going to send it back to the tribunial.its not fair how one person can decide whether you have a future with your husband/wife, its almost like they like to play god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

s & s

Post by s & s » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:48 pm

yup i agree with you..was thinking of doing exactly the same thing tom..m jst gonne b firm and ask them to put me thru to the appeal dept and ask them to start taking an action on it already..pissing me off royally..

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm

seriously do not understand why a 19 week time is given to the bhc if they dont want to overturn and issue a visa and expect us to get a tribunal date, how in gods name are we supposed to that ant sooner than the 19 weeks if they dont send the bundle back serouisly so annoyed
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

can anybody give me any pointers or advise as to how to find out from the bhc whether they are going to issue or not
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

s & s wrote:yup i agree with you..was thinking of doing exactly the same thing tom..m jst gonne b firm and ask them to put me thru to the appeal dept and ask them to start taking an action on it already..pissing me off royally..

I mean we have waited patiently and then when they do let us talk to them they say we they need to respond back. had enough of sitting quitly i want answers now
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 pm

sKAUR wrote:
s & s wrote:yup i agree with you..was thinking of doing exactly the same thing tom..m jst gonne b firm and ask them to put me thru to the appeal dept and ask them to start taking an action on it already..pissing me off royally..

I mean we have waited patiently and then when they do let us talk to them they say we they need to respond back. had enough of sitting quitly i want answers now.
I know my posts might be very emotional but its because i do love and miss my husband very much have not seen him for 8 months now and am now suffering from depression because of the Bhc sad but my own countries gov has caused this
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

s & s

Post by s & s » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 am

yea i can completely undrstand your situation skaur..because am goin thru the same situation..please do let me know wht happens when u get a call frm the appeal dept today and update all of us abt it..:)

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 am

s & s wrote:yea i can completely undrstand your situation skaur..because am goin
thru the same situation..please do let me know wht happens when u get a call frm the appeal dept today and update all of us abt it..:)
No phone call as yet but will be calling them as soon im hoping to get some answer today
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 am

Just as I suspected noons rang when I rang was told to email eventually had to low to get through and was told no comment on the file when i did get through was not the relevant department he has taken my details and ref number have no idea whats happening am now going to request the file to be sent back to uk so i get a court date. Bunch of bloody idiots. completely lost hope and have given up. rang mister who advised if they were going to change it they would have done it by now so im now going to wait for my court date and get my evidence ready in away if they dont respond we wont have nothing to contest to
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

although my barrister will advise does any body know whatbtype of question they ask at a hearing
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012