ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surrinder singh few questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sierra
- thin ice -

surrinder singh few questions

Post by sierra » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm

hi just a quick query regarding surrinder singh
we are in itay now and after getting the residence card under article 10 if we enter the ireland from ireland to uk .
can we still apply for surrinder singh route and eea residence card i am british and my husband non eu .
we would have our 6 months business documents and residence card for my husband etc.

2. or my husband needs legal entry so we should use clais route .
as we are not in a mood to apply for eea family permit as usualy it gets refused and just wait.

3.if without uk visa with italian residence card if my hubby applies for residence card are they oing to make it hard or they just accpet it if we enter by ireland.

4.i got application form eea family permit can we just apply by post ,and finger prints required etc.

in other words what is proccess like sending application than finger prints any interview and waiting for card etc.
thanks in advance

and final about benefits can i as british citizen and my britiosh chilldren apply for benefit while my husnabd apply for eea permit.

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 am

To enter the UK you need to get to the border, show your passports and marriage certificate and they have to let you in, if you go via Ireland or France, I don't think it matters. It may be better to enter by train, bus or ferry as airlines may not let you on the plane without a family permit.

Once in UK, when one of you is working you can apply for UK Residence Card.

I'm not sure about the benefits question, they is some contradictory information around about it.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:44 pm

sierra, When did your husband apply for an EEA FP? What exactly was the grounds of the refusal?

Does he want to be able to work immediately on return to the UK?

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 pm

hi and thanks for reply
Directive/2004/38/EC many thanks for reply you been realy helpful .
we never applied for eea family permit never got refused but i ve seen on forum usualy british embassy take too log and usualy they refuse it.
so we are planing to use use either claise route .
or enter via ireland.

englishman9 Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To enter the UK you need to get to the border, show your passports and marriage certificate and they have to let you in, if you go via Ireland or France, I don't think it matters. It may be better to enter by train, bus or ferry as airlines may not let you on the plane without a family permit.

Once in UK, when one of you is working you can apply for UK Residence Card.
is any one used euro traine or euroline coaches or ssr as i read on forum about claise route i dont know what can happen if we take a train or bus from brussles midi .
its worth trying if we went to belgium again would try from brussles midi to london its only matter of loosing the train tickets if we did not succed.
if any one tried this please post theier experience thanks

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

Hi
I haven't tried either the us or train as we got the EEA FP before and yes we were refused it once

If you take the coach then you have to get off the coach at the French/UK border and go through UK border so this will be when you are admitted to UK or not but if you show your EU residence card and passport, marriage certificate etc you should be fine.
You can get a very cheap bus from Brussels to London on Megabus.com (so you wouldn't have much to lose if you we're refused entry and it may only be delay rather than refusal.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

sierra wrote:hi and thanks for reply
Directive/2004/38/EC many thanks for reply you been realy helpful .
we never applied for eea family permit never got refused but i ve seen on forum usualy british embassy take too log and usualy they refuse it.
so we are planing to use use either claise route .
or enter via ireland.
I would recommend applying for an EEA FP. No need to be refused!