ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport - Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tand
Newly Registered

British Passport - Query

Post by tand » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi,
I am applying for first british passport (via Naturalization route) and stucked on Parent Section details. I understand that I need to supply for grand parents details for section 8. Is there any order to furnish these details like first grand mother then grand father etc or any order will be fine?
I do not have any proof for such details and I am assuming its not require.

Please advice.

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tand
Newly Registered

Post by tand » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for response.
I have two more doubts
1. Section 5 which is related to "place of naturalization". It just says "home office London". In this case, do I need to fill place as London or my county where I got the certificate?
2. Section 9 - declaration. In signature box - it marks as "Put date in box below" - does it mean that I need to add date with signature in same box or put date outside?

Please comment.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm

>>1. Section 5 which is related to "place of naturalization". It just says "home office London". In this case, do I need to fill place as London or my county where I got the certificate?

Write just that - home office London

>>2. Section 9 - declaration. In signature box - it marks as "Put date in box below" - does it mean that I need to add date with signature in same box or put date outside?

Unless form has changed, there are boxes below the signature box for the date; signature box should just have signature

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

tand wrote:Hi,
I want to apply for British passport and apply by sending the application by post.Do I need to send the applications in separate envelops or can I send all the applications in the same envelope.Thanks in advance.
tand
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tand
Newly Registered

Passport - "By Post" or "Check and Send"

Post by tand » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:54 am

Hi,
Please can you advice which service is more effective. I need to apply passport (after naturalization) for my family - 2 adults and 2 kids and don;t want to pay £35 extra for check and send. Shall I go with postal route and send as special delivery. Please comment.

To return the documents, if I want it to be return special delivery - do I need to attach fees for special delivery envelope or 1?

Please comment.

Thanks

HappyToHelp247
Newly Registered

Re: Passport - "By Post" or "Check and Send&q

Post by HappyToHelp247 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:13 am

tand wrote:Hi,
Please can you advice which service is more effective. I need to apply passport (after naturalization) for my family - 2 adults and 2 kids and don;t want to pay £35 extra for check and send. Shall I go with postal route and send as special delivery. Please comment.

To return the documents, if I want it to be return special delivery - do I need to attach fees for special delivery envelope or 1?

Please comment.

Thanks
My advice will be to send via Post Office Check & Send Service.

Benefit
Reliable
Secure return documents only extra £3
Fast & Safe

Or

Send with Special Delivery and attach SDE for retrun documents but I am not sure they will use SDE for return documents. And you also have to arrange for Payment to IPS.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.