ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can you stay outside the UK on a Tier 1 PSW visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vm_83
Newly Registered

How long can you stay outside the UK on a Tier 1 PSW visa?

Post by vm_83 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 am

I am on Tier 1 (PSW) valid till March 2014. I had to come to India on 1 September 2012 due to personal reasons. However, I would like to go back to the UK to apply for jobs again.

- Is there a restriction on the duration of stay outside the UK while on a Tier 1 PSW? If yes, how long?

- If I am re-entering the UK, what are the typical questions I can expect from the Immigration officers?

Please advise

Many thanks.

Regards

V

bobobo

Re: How long can you stay outside the UK on a Tier 1 PSW vis

Post by bobobo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 am

you should be fine coming back.

there is no exhaustive list of questions that the IO will ask you, he can ask you anything from the weather in india to why were you out for so long.
vm_83 wrote:I am on Tier 1 (PSW) valid till March 2014. I had to come to India on 1 September 2012 due to personal reasons. However, I would like to go back to the UK to apply for jobs again.

- Is there a restriction on the duration of stay outside the UK while on a Tier 1 PSW? If yes, how long?

- If I am re-entering the UK, what are the typical questions I can expect from the Immigration officers?

Please advise

Many thanks.

Regards

V