ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Its a long story but desperately need answers!

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ladybella67
Newly Registered

Its a long story but desperately need answers!

Post by Ladybella67 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,

I have a complicated situation and I'm running out of ideas.

My bf and I left Australia in June to live in Amsterdam due to a transfer with my job. We had a hard finding residency in Amsterdam so we came to England to stay with his dad. My bf is Brazilian born but with and Italian passport. I am Australian.

So I am here on a general visitors visa and can't work, while my boyfriend is working trying to earn enough to get us out of here, Consequently, this isn't working. We tried to apply for Canadian working holiday visa's but he can't apply as he is not a resident in Italy.

My bf has been living in Australia (until we left in June) for close to 8 years. We left Australia as he had been living there on a spousal visa with his ex girlfriend. We have only just been together a little more than a year and we obviously want to stay in the same country together.

My long winded question is this:

Can he return to Australia with me as a visitor and when we get there apply for a spousal visa? Can he come to Australia at all? Can anyone help me out with a few scenarios? I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Thanks s o much for reading

aledeniz

Re: Its a long story but desperately need answers!

Post by aledeniz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Ladybella67 wrote: I have a complicated situation and I'm running out of ideas.

My bf and I left Australia in June to live in Amsterdam due to a transfer with my job. We had a hard finding residency in Amsterdam so we came to England to stay with his dad. My bf is Brazilian born but with and Italian passport. I am Australian.

So I am here on a general visitors visa and can't work, while my boyfriend is working trying to earn enough to get us out of here, Consequently, this isn't working. We tried to apply for Canadian working holiday visa's but he can't apply as he is not a resident in Italy.
I don't know about your Oz related questions, but about the quoted bit:
- you could marry, and then you would straight away become eligible to work in UK or Netherlands (or Italy, or any EU country really) as EEA family member (wife of).