ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 am

I applied for my wifes ILR at croydon PEO on 18th April. Due to IT issues they kept the documents, then after 4 days I recieved a letter asking for a Original document which I submitted but didn't seem original to them! I managed to get hold of the document from my council and sent it back on the same day. Since then I've sent them 3 letters a month apart and not heard anything what so ever!! Application was straightforward with less than 90days absence. However she had to pay a fine in court for travelling on train without paying the correct Fare which did not show up when I did CRB and PNC checks. 6 months is going to be up next week and I don't know what to do other than wait hopelessly!

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 am

ryan2020 wrote:Hi Krishnalvr,

how you know she is a good MP. she is my MP. she find out status for me which was under consideration. I called to her office and asked to chase with UKBA my application but his PA said we can't chase as it require lots of resources and there are many like you waiting so wait.

After 1 month i again email her to find the status and waiting for the reply.

regards,

ryan
Hi ryan,

When i approached mary regarding my case , they responded promptly . Because of different post code i am living , they suggested me to contact other MP. After 1 week they(mary PA) gave me call and asked about the status . I have no idea about other cases. For me they responded promptly.

Regards
Krishna
Last edited by Krishnalvr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ash147
Newly Registered

ILR application at cardiff

Post by Ash147 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:57 am

Hi
My time line is
Applied at Cardiff PEO on 10/09/12 for ILR with 2 dependants.
2years HSMP +3 years tier1 with both employment +self employment.
No further documents were asked,no letter given.even I have only payment receipt as a proof of application.
I was told to wait 5 days for decision as self employment application can take longer.
No phone call no contact since then.
I visited PEO again on 28/09/12 to get update and was told that application is forwarded to another office as they are not capable of making decision on self employment applications.
Since then waiting.i don't know where they send it and whether they even had a look on it or still it is in some queue.
Any thoughts?

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Ryan

I applied on basis of work permit for 5 years, same job/employer. There were IT issues on the day of my appointment so they kept the documents and sent all applicants home around 4.30pm. Then I got the further enquiries letter, but no additional documents etc were requested. been over six months now.... I guess all we can do is wait.

I may contact my MP, don't know if that actually helps...

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:Hi Krishnalvr,

how you know she is a good MP. she is my MP. she find out status for me which was under consideration. I called to her office and asked to chase with UKBA my application but his PA said we can't chase as it require lots of resources and there are many like you waiting so wait.

After 1 month i again email her to find the status and waiting for the reply.

regards,

ryan
Hi ryan,

When i approached mary regarding my case , they responded promptly . Because of different post code i am living , they suggested me to contact other MP. After 1 week they(mary PA) gave me call and asked about the status . I have no idea about other cases. For me they responded promptly.

Regards
Krishna
well her PA never give me any call or email.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 pm

ssc923 wrote:Hi Ryan

I applied on basis of work permit for 5 years, same job/employer. There were IT issues on the day of my appointment so they kept the documents and sent all applicants home around 4.30pm. Then I got the further enquiries letter, but no additional documents etc were requested. been over six months now.... I guess all we can do is wait.

I may contact my MP, don't know if that actually helps...
hi...

there should be some thing in your case. otherwise they don't hold case for straightforward applications. and i'm surprised why you waited 6 months.

you should contact your MP.

ssc923
Newly Registered

Post by ssc923 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 pm

well there have been other apparently straightforward applications mentioned on this forum before where they've take a long time, don't know why. reason i waited six months was that they don't really speak to you unless it's been six months, and from what i've been reading on here, it doesn't make a difference if you keep pestering them... frustrating none the less!

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am

update timeline
14 march -waiting ("coolbawa")>90(129)
23 march - waiting ("Salman80") >180 (271 personal)
11 apr - waiting ("ssc923") just IT???
16 apr - waiting ("Bash1oo") just IT??
18 apr - waiting ("smoothturbo") IT,court?
6 jun -waiting (shadisami9) ???
21 jun - waiting ("Ryan2020") >90
29 jun - waiting (Roxy1983) ???
4 jul - waiting ("ramay" ) >90 (142)
16 jul - waiting ("jkdlondon") >90(123)
8 aug - waiting??? ("celinaaa") >90??
5 Sept - waiting ("notears")>90(91)
13 Sept?- waiting ("knowledge_seeker")=90
19 sept - approved 12 oct ("Shiftingsands")>90(97)
28 sept - waiting ("Ash147") self employment Cardiff PEO
Last edited by ramay on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am

I am in the same shoes as ssc923 and some other guys here, I applied on the 16th of April (this week will make it 6 months) and I am yet to get any reasonable feedback from UKBA. I have involved my MP, i have written more than five times and got three letters back. Mine is a straight forward case as well, I have been in the same job for more than four years now and I never had any trip more than 90 days with a total of 100 days holiday in all. I claimed the same points in education using my original BSc degree even though i had completed a MSc program but did not include the new qualification just because i wanted my application to be simple and straight forward.

Whats else we can do but to wait?

So far, i have given up and would just have to wait until my application is treated.

Bash

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Bash.. if your application was straight forward what did they said on PEO ??

like kashlvr why you dont start complaining and fight for it. I have >90 days tht y i'm quite other wise... i have done the same thing as he did....

he fight and approved before 6 months......

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 am

Many thanks ryan2020, I have actually been fighting as well. I have written more than 5 times (copies of each letters is sent to different addresses and even faxed as well) likewise i have involved my MP who wrote UKBA and got a response that my application was under consideration. Last week I contacted my MP's office again to assist with a follow up which they have agreed to do, so now I am just waiting for a feedback which may take up to 4 weeks.

What else can I do? Any advice will be appreciated.

The only thing i can think of is that I came into UK the first time for three weeks, went back home for 67 days before coming back finally.......This have not broken any rules

Bash
ryan2020 wrote:Bash.. if your application was straight forward what did they said on PEO ??

like kashlvr why you dont start complaining and fight for it. I have >90 days tht y i'm quite other wise... i have done the same thing as he did....

he fight and approved before 6 months......

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 am

Guys

Suggest me , is there any template letter to request for refund amount which was paid extra for premium appointment please >

Krishna

razzi
Newly Registered

Post by razzi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello All,
I have been a silent reader for the past 5months on this forum. I applied for ILR (HSMP & Tier1) at Croydon PEO on 10/10/12 using self employment and paid employment. I had one dependant (wife) and been a keen follower of this forum, I got myself educated so much from the contributions of other members.
My appointment was for 9.35am and everything went well from the registration to payment. Went for biometrics at 12.10pm and I was called by the CW at 12.30pm and requested for all the docs to support my application and I handed everything in an orderly manner to her.
She was quite friendly even telling myself and my wife our scores for Life in Uk Test. I became so relaxed until she requested for proof of NI contribution from self employment and honestly none was available. I tried to give an incoherent answer but I knew it was up and decision would be DEFERRED until I can provide proof of NI contribution.
I was devastated that I came back home called my accountant, HMRC and I only got little help. I checked online and got the account number to HMRC for NI cont and I paid immediately. I printed my statement on the 11/10/12 and attached a letter to the statement highlighting the payment I made.
I was mentally getting prepared to wait for at least 3months based on the experiences of other contributors but was surprised to get a call on Tuesday 16/10/12 that it has been approved. I was instead strategising on how to get the press, parliament and PM's office involved in my predicament but thank God I never went through that route.

The few lessons would be;
1) invest in a lawyer (i dont know what the average charges are) but while at Croydon I saw lawyers running the show over the UKBA staff because they understood the laws but staff members only follow policies by ticking boxes.
2) organise your docs in an orderly manner as the staff members could become impatient at times.

My experience on that day was not palatable and I would be willing to assist or provide further info so no one goes through that again

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 pm

i called my MP today and his pa said UKBA didn't reply to MP letter. Its been 4 weeks UKBA didnt respond. It was the second time i wrote to MP. may be its 2nd time they are not responding and they did immediately when my MP wrote to them first time.

congrats razzi for your efforts. how much you paid NI ? how much you showed for income.

razzi
Newly Registered

Post by razzi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

I claimed income for;
1) full time employment- £28,000
2) self employment: £18,000

Maybe I was a little selfish as I wanted the max points on all criteria.

i paid £103 for NI class 2 contribution and printed the online bank stmt highlighting the pyt.

Ash147
Newly Registered

Response from mp

Post by Ash147 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 am

This is an e mail I received from my MP.
"I have been making further enquiries into your case and have been told that, although some applications for ILR can be decided within 5 days using the premium service, there are occasions when an application is referred on for further checks. Unfortunately yours was one of these and it is now being considered under their standard service. This means that it can take up to 6 months to complete, in keeping with the normal timescale for such applications. By opting for the premium service, an applicant does so at their own risk that all is well and that there are no anomalies in their case which could warrant downgrading to standard service. Unfortunately, this cannot be determined until it is processed.

As to your work status, if your application was made before your previous leave expired, then all the conditions you enjoyed under the previous leave will carry forward. In other words, if you were allowed to work before, then you still can do so. There is an Employer Checking service that employers can use to check the status of employees and I would suggest you have a look at this on the UKBA website.

As to your application not being handled in Cardiff, the moment when a decision was taken to treat your application under the standard service, it would have been forwarded on from that office to a caseworker which could be based in any number of facilities.

I hope that this clarifies matters for you and I trust that you will not have to wait the full six months to have your case resolved. In the meantime, if you think we can help further, please do not hesitate to contact us".

Kind regards,
Xxxx

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Response from mp

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Ash147 wrote:This is an e mail I received from my MP.
"I have been making further enquiries into your case and have been told that, although some applications for ILR can be decided within 5 days using the premium service, there are occasions when an application is referred on for further checks. Unfortunately yours was one of these and it is now being considered under their standard service. This means that it can take up to 6 months to complete, in keeping with the normal timescale for such applications. By opting for the premium service, an applicant does so at their own risk that all is well and that there are no anomalies in their case which could warrant downgrading to standard service. Unfortunately, this cannot be determined until it is processed.

As to your work status, if your application was made before your previous leave expired, then all the conditions you enjoyed under the previous leave will carry forward. In other words, if you were allowed to work before, then you still can do so. There is an Employer Checking service that employers can use to check the status of employees and I would suggest you have a look at this on the UKBA website.

As to your application not being handled in Cardiff, the moment when a decision was taken to treat your application under the standard service, it would have been forwarded on from that office to a caseworker which could be based in any number of facilities.

I hope that this clarifies matters for you and I trust that you will not have to wait the full six months to have your case resolved. In the meantime, if you think we can help further, please do not hesitate to contact us".

Kind regards,
Xxxx

impressive reply. I think my MP will write the same thing to me soon. Now you can wait only this is the option left and please update any thing on this sticky thread if you have any.

its been a week .. any update guys >??

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

[/quote]

its been a week .. any update guys >??[/quote]

update only for the recent applications see timeline above..Shiftingsands applied at 19 sept >97 days and His case was decided. August's and September's and even October's cases were decided but we are completely forgotten..What kind of queue is that?..

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 pm

ramay wrote:
its been a week .. any update guys >??[/quote]

update only for the recent applications see timeline above..Shiftingsands applied at 19 sept >97 days and His case was decided. August's and September's and even October's cases were decided but we are completely forgotten..What kind of queue is that?..[/quote]

Shiftingsands didnt mentioned that his case is decided.

ramay

Post by ramay » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 am

ryan2020 wrote:
Shiftingsands didnt mentioned that his case is decided.
He didn't mentioned that his case was deferred too..I took everything from here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114378

shadisami9
Newly Registered

What Happens after 6 months

Post by shadisami9 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Guy,
I hope you are all very well.I am just wondering; what has happened to people who have gone over 6 months now? what kind of response they are currently getting from the UKBA?

KR
Shadi

Bash1oo

Re: What Happens after 6 months

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Well I have been waiting for a little over six months and the answer to your question is "Nothing"
UKBA only tell you to wait when you call and nothing more.

Bash
shadisami9 wrote:Guy,
I hope you are all very well.I am just wondering; what has happened to people who have gone over 6 months now? what kind of response they are currently getting from the UKBA?

KR
Shadi

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

i called UKBA there is no option to check the progress and they cut the call if you go to check the progress option when i went to general information lady told me to write letter to the PEO where you have applied.

2 months to go for 6 months :(

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm

ryan2020 wrote:i called UKBA there is no option to check the progress and they cut the call if you go to check the progress option when i went to general information lady told me to write letter to the PEO where you have applied.

2 months to go for 6 months :(
Same reply I had yesterday.For me it is 5 weeks to 6months

coolbawa
Newly Registered

Post by coolbawa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm

I being senior most so far in waiting as little more than 7 months now and no reply from UKBA at all, they are just useless over the contact centre as they are just there for telling people the same which they already know - TO WAIT....