ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guall
Newly Registered

please help

Post by guall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:39 pm

hi guys hope some one will know help understand what is going on with my case. i applied 3 months ago for a residence card just like every one , and a week ago i got my COA and it says that i am allowed to work , and it was sent to my solicitor cause i applied using a solicitor .but today i got a letter from the home office that says am liable to be detained and that i have to go and sign in and it came from a place in hounslow , i am not so surprised because 2 years ago i applied for a different visa and got refused and asked to sign there . what do you think guys did they got confused or i am in troubles.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

This perhaps because of your poor immigration history and especially this happen for those over stayers who are being captured by immigration authorities and until they are being removed they need to sign in. But however, as you already have relationship with EEA national then hopefully it might not cause any problem to you as previous immigration history is irrelevant under EU law.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

guall
Newly Registered

Post by guall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

your right cause i was detained 2 years ago and they let me out and said i have to go and sign but to be honest did it once and never went back , and overstayed now i am married and applied and even got the coa , the solicitor told me that they might have got confused , but i dont know i dont want to be detained again

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 pm

why not you send a covering letter and coa copy containing your application details to notify them that you are now under European rules.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

guall
Newly Registered

Post by guall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 pm

i called the solicitor he said that it should be fine and its because of my old history thats why that came up , but i think i might have to go and take them my coa my self i dont know yet