ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with EEA4 please!!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katika
Newly Registered

help with EEA4 please!!!!

Post by katika » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 pm

hey guys... basically I am about to start filling eea4 for my hubby...we've been married for 5 years and his 5 year visa expires early December....I am just confused with the whole application form....
firstly I have been working (and have registration certificates) for most of 5 years except for 2 months in 2010 when we were both made redundant and lost a jobs in 2 days....obviously we had to look for new jobs which took my hubby a month to find. I was offered a job within few weeks but start date wasn't till 3 months later. I do have emails confirming offer of employment. I managed to get part time job but I was still out of work for almost 2 months. as I am not big fan of benefits and we had savings we used these for living....if I provide bank statements would this be enough to proof I was self-sufficient? we were also waiting for redundancy payments which we new wont take longer than 6 weeks and it was almost £3000 so we really didn't need to apply for benefits. I have letters from Hmrc confirming the redundancy payments and all....also I had 4 jobs within last 5 years and there is always couple of weeks between these jobs I didn't work but will this affect my 5 years treaty rights.
also I have almost all payslips but HMRC managed to loose my original P60s and P45s after I had to apply for tax refund. do I need to send all the payslips? I work for company for 2 years and was paid weekly that means 52 payslips a year....do I really have to send all of them?
Also the absence from uk - do I have to write down all the holidays we had in 5 years? I am not being funny but we have 3 holidays a year....
I would really like to hear from someone who had similar experience but would appreciate any advise...thanks a lot in advance....xxx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 pm

You will be fine. A few weeks between jobs in not an issue. I would not even go into mentioning it in the application or claiming to be self sufficient for that period. It seems you have been a worker for 5 years.

Did you lose all the P60s? You can attach instead a letter from the employer confirming your employment (if you can get it) or your employment history from the HMRC (they send it out in 2-3 days).

As for the absences, if it easy for you to list them, just do so. Or attach a letter stating you can't remember all the days but is has been less than 6 months in each year (if that is the case. That is the requirement you need to meet).

If you have obtained PR status, then you husband would obtain PR status if he has been living in the UK for 5 years.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Normally an EEA national who works continuously 1 year will still be considered as worker if he goes on vocational training/reduntant without his fault. Under this perspective you will be alright and if you do not have p60s or p45s then you can present your bank statements showing the wages or previous employer letters(if they still cooperate to issue that letter/business still exist).
But better not to mix up the idea of self sufficiency as because it will trigger the concept of the possession of private health insurance.
Hope it will clarify you better.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

katika
Newly Registered

thanks guys

Post by katika » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Just wondering if you have own experience or not....I am really worried but am trying to get together as many info as I can....I only lost few P60 but I was wise enough to make copies before they were sent...I believe I have to have them certified....not sure how to do that...i also requested 5 year work history from HMRC so waiting for it to arrive....when it come to comprehensive insurance I do have EHIC card issued in UK...so not sure if that is ok... thanks a lot again guys....

Englandd
BANNED

Re: thanks guys

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 pm

[when it come to comprehensive insurance I do have EHIC card issued in UK...so not sure if that is ok... thanks a lot again guys....[/quote]

UK issued EHIC never be acceptable rather only the EHIC being issued from home country can usable but only for temporary stay. But in your case you loose job without your own fault which means you will be secured and secondly it is only for few weeks and during that period you actively searching new job. You will more likely be fine.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

katika
Newly Registered

Post by katika » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I was invited for interview few days after I was made redundant and was offered the job about 3 weeks later, but the job wasnt starting till about 2 months later...we had to move from surrey to hertfordshire for this job so we used the time to find flat. I do have emails confirming all these( job interview and job offer) and I am still with company so I could try to ask them to put this all in one letter...but we lived with friends for about 2 a month and I am not sure if I need a letter from them or just leave it out...I will put this all in cover letter...

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:32 pm

katika wrote:I was invited for interview few days after I was made redundant and was offered the job about 3 weeks later, but the job wasnt starting till about 2 months later...we had to move from surrey to hertfordshire for this job so we used the time to find flat. I do have emails confirming all these( job interview and job offer) and I am still with company so I could try to ask them to put this all in one letter...but we lived with friends for about 2 a month and I am not sure if I need a letter from them or just leave it out...I will put this all in cover letter...

For clarifying your this query I would like to suggest you to read carefully the following UKBA interpretation and especially look on b(1,2,3 subsections). you can yourself extract your answer:
A person who is no longer working shall not cease to be treated as a worker for the purpose of paragraph (1)(b) if—

(a)he is temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident; .
(b)he is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed in the United Kingdom, provided that he has registered as a jobseeker with the relevant employment office and— .
(i)he was employed for one year or more before becoming unemployed; .
(ii)he has been unemployed for no more than six months; or .
(iii)he can provide evidence that he is seeking employment in the United Kingdom and has a genuine chance of being engaged; .
(c)he is involuntarily unemployed and has embarked on vocational training; or .
(d)he has voluntarily ceased working and embarked on vocational training that is related to his previous employment.

katika
Newly Registered

Post by katika » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 pm

thanks a lot ...that explains a lot....feeling much better about whole situation now....x