ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK Now and what to do further?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dradilmahmood

In UK Now and what to do further?

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

I am in UK now with my family on family permit and landed here on 18 june and yesterday i came to birmingham.

1) As of now me and my eu(french) spouse are unemployed but most probably we will be applying for residence certificate and card as self employed. So i want to know how long the history is required to apply for it i mean 3months is enough if it shows the business is running smoothly?

2) And can we register with GP now if we want to apply through self employed route 3months later (assuming that we can register with GP if we will be applying through this route and it would not be a considered public fund as we will be paying tax).

Thank you very much. This forum has been a great help during my EEA Family Permit and will be my first point of contact for suggestions regarding Residence certificate and card. I will try to put all my questions in this thread.

Thanx alot everyone.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Why don't you wait a few months until you have more evidence of your work. You have, in any case, three months before your partner needs to be exercising rights. Do you actually need a GP immediately? If you are sick you can go to any A&E and get emergency treatment.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 pm

You don't need RC to register to a clinic. Just proof of address (utility bill) and even that they don't always ask for.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

1) Actually i want to apply for residence card asap thats why i was asking i can wait for 6 months because i can work for 6 months but after that i need to prove my eu partner is exercising treaty rights. So you suggest i could wait for 5 months before i can apply for residence card so better to have long history

2) my eu spouse wants to register for her antenatal check ups with nhs thats why i was asking for the registration otherwise we are ok no emergency is needed and i can deal with small problems coz i am doctor..but would need prescription from some doctor if the need arises

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Jambo being self employed my wife can take benefit of nhs for her antenatal check ups? She has not yet started her business coz have to apply for NI and wait for it

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Every ordinary resident in the UK is entitled to free NHS treatment. This is based on UK legislation and is not connected to the EEA regulations.

She can register and have antenatal checks as any other resident in the UK.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Jambo then what about the application for my residence card as she will be relying on benefits? Because no self employment yet

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:37 pm

NHS is not considered public funds (benefits) and will not affect a RC application.

If you apply as a student / self sufficient, the HO requires you to have a private health insurance in order to be considered exercising treaty rights but you are still entitled to free NHS treatments regardless. I don't think the HO even checks if you make use of the private insurance or not. they just insist you have it. All of this is not relevant if she applies as employed / self employed.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Jambo thank you very much and what are your views about my first question regarding history of proof as self employed should be atleast how much?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I would say at least 3 months of evidence. From recent reports it seems the HO are quite strict on self employment evidence.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Thank you very much for this jambo

So nice of you.

I will post any questions later on if needed thanx alot once again

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello once again!

I am in UK now and still trying to settle got all paper work done for both my wife and myself. Now my wife got a job but its not Nat Min Wage and its like cash in hand.

Can we apply for Residence Certificate and Card with this type of job?? And how to do for it? Should we ask her employer to make a contract or show some hours that will be equal to pay she is getting?

Will that be OK for applying as Residence card??? and in the meantime i will try to find the job...as FP will be expiring on 18th of Dec and we are yet to apply

Should we apply on self employed basis??

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Based on your situation self sufficient would be comparatively better and easiest in which you need to show some savings in account and need to buy medical insurance. Without paying tax the employment does not fulfill the mean and for self employment you have to show trading activities and its related account too.
hope you be clarified.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 pm

so showing self employed is better option for me?

If I can show them genuine bank statement? and other documents?

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 pm

if your eu spouse finds job it will e a lot easiier for you .or you can get registerd self employed .
you need to start a business and register a company.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm

She can claim job seekers allowance, and register as a job seeker that will cover her as exercising teaty rights for at least six months (of course with interruption for child-birth!), I would say apply right away for the RC.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 pm

seira thank u very much

El patron is it possible to get rc on basis of job seeker as she was expecting but now we have lil princess
So what it appears is a better option

What would other suggests?

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 am

Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 am

Englandd

Thank you very much for your suggesstion

I think i will apply on self employed basis that is better option as we are here for about 4 months now and did nt have any csi also.

So best option is self emplyed

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 am

csi is not needed for self employment

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

Csi is not needed for seld employed

That is right but i was saying self employed is better as my wife gave birth in nhs hospital so now she dont needs csi

Thank you

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:Hello Guys,

I have a query? I got a job and my EEA FP is expiring on 30/11/12. I told my employer that i have right to work even my FP is expired as my wife is exercising her treaty rights.

How should i satisfy my employer that I am legal to work.

My wife didnt have any proof that she is working. Although we have plan to apply for eea residence card around 15 nov

Can i show any regulation about this to employer??

Thank you very much.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:42 pm

can anyone give me the link regarding this issue?

Thank you very much

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:can anyone give me the link regarding this issue?

Thank you very much
As you said in earlier posts that you are here for only 4 months. Have you HMC tax documents, accountant letter, customer invoices and business trading accounts in 4 months. Despite your eea partner has 3 months free to excercise any treaty rights.
NOTE:
for self employment ukba does not need csi but really make sure the trading activities.

dradilmahmood

Post by dradilmahmood » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Hello again guys

My wife's (EU National) employer told that they will give her employer letter and can fill the employment section
but the problem is she can get only one pay slip as she joined the job last month before that she delivered a lil baby

and the employer said they will write in the letter that she is working with us 16 hours/week

SO could 1 pay slip be enough to show to ukba? with some amount of 1500GBP in our joint account?