ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Looks like they are pretty much up-to-date with COA now. Now hopefully they will focus on improvement in times for issuing PR.

Non-EEA Family Member of an Austrian National
COA for Marriage Feb 2006
Married in April 2006
First RC received June 2006
2nd RC received Oct 2007 (had to reapply due to new passport)
EEA4 application sent: July 4th
UKBA received: July 5th
COA received: September 28th (dated Sept 24)
PR: ??
Last edited by jotter on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm

jotter wrote:Looks like they are pretty much up-to-date with COA now. Now hopefully they will focus on improvement in times for issuing PR.
I don't know about "back to normal" as I haven't read (m)any cases of CoAs being issued within 4 days of application receipt.

However, it does show that the UKBA is capable of being efficient and the question is why there is not this level consistency on average for non-EEA family members.

I am now hoping - with renewed optimism - that, as my application has been accepted and assigned a case ID, it will be processed and returned in a month or two.

msank
Newly Registered

Post by msank » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am

Plum70 wrote:
jotter wrote:Looks like they are pretty much up-to-date with COA now. Now hopefully they will focus on improvement in times for issuing PR.
I don't know about "back to normal" as I haven't read (m)any cases of CoAs being issued within 4 days of application receipt.

However, it does show that the UKBA is capable of being efficient and the question is why there is not this level consistency on average for non-EEA family members.

I am now hoping - with renewed optimism - that, as my application has been accepted and assigned a case ID, it will be processed and returned in a month or two.
EEA4 sent 16/10/2012
HO received 17/10/2012
COA received 25/10/2012
COA issued date 22/10/2012
PR waiting

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Plum70 wrote:

'Back to normal' was not my words - I'd challenge anyone to define what 'normal' is for European applications. We have, however, been seeing a speeding up of COA receipts lately and your quick turnaround suggests that with COA at least, they've caught up at the moment. Like you I'm more optimistic about getting a response inside 6 months, though a couple of hard luck stories we are still seeing in the latest entries in the EEA2 thread show that it's not to be taken for granted.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm

jotter wrote: 'Back to normal' was not my words - I'd challenge anyone to define what 'normal' is for European applications. We have, however, been seeing a speeding up of COA receipts lately and your quick turnaround suggests that with COA at least, they've caught up at the moment. Like you I'm more optimistic about getting a response inside 6 months, though a couple of hard luck stories we are still seeing in the latest entries in the EEA2 thread show that it's not to be taken for granted.
I owe you an apology Jotter - indeed not your words.

msank: good to see another +ve report of speedy CoA issuance. With more people updating this forum we could quickly build a balanced picture of average turn around times.

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:42 pm

I received my PR today!

My time line:
Application sent: 17 July 12
HO received: 18 July 12
COA received: 02 Oct 12 (dated 01 Oct)
PR: 26 Oct 12

sarwar74

Post by sarwar74 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Hiyos wrote:I received my PR today!

My time line:

Happy you get your pr so fast i did apply 11.06.2012 can i ask you did you phone them ever ?

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 pm

sarwar74 wrote:

My time line:

Happy you get your pr so fast i did apply 11.06.2012 can i ask you did you phone them ever ?
I called them once on 01 Oct 12 asking for COA. I hope you will receive your PR soon!

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Congratulations Hiyos! Always good to hear some good news.

If you don't mind me asking, would you have classed your application as comparatively straightforward (i.e. married to EEA national, EEA national working the entire 5 years) or was it more complex than that? No need to respond if you feel this is too personal, but it might give us some more insight into how the UKBA are working their way through the queues.

e.g. I applied and received COA a few days earlier than you and am still waiting for PR, but we had to provide a stack of paper to cover my wife's trail through various treaty rights statuses over the 5 years.

hich79
Newly Registered

Post by hich79 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 pm

good news guys . got my pr today
good luck to every one
eea4 sent 31 july
recieved by HO 01/08/2012
coa recieved 22 october dated 18 october

2 months and 18 days for coa

pr received 16-11-12 dated 05-11-12
Last edited by hich79 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:02 pm

jotter wrote:Congratulations Hiyos! Always good to hear some good news.

If you don't mind me asking, would you have classed your application as comparatively straightforward (i.e. married to EEA national, EEA national working the entire 5 years) or was it more complex than that? No need to respond if you feel this is too personal, but it might give us some more insight into how the UKBA are working their way through the queues.

e.g. I applied and received COA a few days earlier than you and am still waiting for PR, but we had to provide a stack of paper to cover my wife's trail through various treaty rights statuses over the 5 years.
My case is a bit complicated.

Feb 2006: Entered UK with unmarried partner visa.
Feb 2008: Applied EEA2
Aug 2008: Received RC
May 2012: Married
July 2012: Applied EEA4
Oct 2012: Received PR

Unmarried partner visa - I applied this by mistake (my EEA partner never lived in UK) but the UK embassy in my country accepted also by mistake.

My RC was valid until Aug 2013 but I applied EEA4 in July 2012 because I've been in UK since Feb 2006 (6yrs and 5mths) as an EEA family member.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Hiyos wrote:
jotter wrote:Congratulations Hiyos! Always good to hear some good news.

My case is a bit complicated.

Feb 2006: Entered UK with unmarried partner visa.
Feb 2008: Applied EEA2
Aug 2008: Received RC
May 2012: Married
July 2012: Applied EEA4
Oct 2012: Received PR

Unmarried partner visa - I applied this by mistake (my EEA partner never lived in UK) but the UK embassy in my country accepted also by mistake.

My RC was valid until Aug 2013 but I applied EEA4 in July 2012 because I've been in UK since Feb 2006 (6yrs and 5mths) as an EEA family member.
Cheers Hiyos! Appreciate the information - it gives heart to us still waiting. All the best for the future.

Mnc

Post by Mnc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 am

My time line:

Congratulations Man.

I sent mine on the 8th of May, and still no sign of PR.

Aladin0987

Hi all

Post by Aladin0987 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Gyz things are getting tough and tougher for me;
applied EEA4 FEB12
wife allready got Permanent residence
Still no COA letter
I am not sure whether I am in the possition of seeking COA letter or EEA4 result !
Colud you please advice me what on earth I can do rather than phone+letter+solvit+mp?
do u think I should fax them if yes on what number?
do I need to send letters by recorded or just in the cheap standard way?
And there is a Document returning form, shall I fill it in and send it to them? are'nt they gonna close my case if I do such a requset? or shall I just send them an E-mail rather than sending that form?
And do u think I should still ask for COA or shall I ask for the result?
I do need ur help and I mean it

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Hi all

Post by jotter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Gyz things are getting tough and tougher for me;
applied EEA4 FEB12
wife allready got Permanent residence
Still no COA letter
I am not sure whether I am in the possition of seeking COA letter or EEA4 result !
Colud you please advice me what on earth I can do rather than phone+letter+solvit+mp?
do u think I should fax them if yes on what number?
do I need to send letters by recorded or just in the cheap standard way?
And there is a Document returning form, shall I fill it in and send it to them? are'nt they gonna close my case if I do such a requset? or shall I just send them an E-mail rather than sending that form?
And do u think I should still ask for COA or shall I ask for the result?
I do need ur help and I mean it
February! Don't bother asking about COA. It's only worth doing that if your application is less than 6 months old (in fact probably less than 5 months old). Has the UKBA at least confirmed by phone that they have your application? What methods have you used so far to try to contact them since August?

Aladin0987

Thanks jotter

Post by Aladin0987 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Yes jotter as I called them I provided them with my Homo ffice Refrence Number and they were able to confirm they received it and requsted COA for me on august after I called them.
she as always kept saying that my application is not completed yet and can't give more information!
same qustions still apply though! :lol:

sarwar74

Post by sarwar74 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm

hello evry one i just check royalmail web i see royalmail recived my parcel well get it tomorrow see what happen i apply for PR on 11.06.2012 :D

here is what royalmail say

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 30/10/12. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

well update here tomorrow when i recive parcel.

raheel.khan
Newly Registered

hi

Post by raheel.khan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 am

can any one tell me what documents is needed for to get the PR.
and i have a one question as well if i go for the holiday out side the country so it will be effect on my PR.

anp

Re: hi

Post by anp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 am

raheel.khan wrote:can any one tell me what documents is needed for to get the PR.
and i have a one question as well if i go for the holiday out side the country so it will be effect on my PR.
Read here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c8025c43fd
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 am

Aladin. UKBA is now obliged to provide you with a decision, since 6 months have passed. Keep calling them everyday, perhaps even 2-3 times a day, until they resolve it.
Be good.

sarwar74

Post by sarwar74 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 pm

sarwar74 wrote:hello evry one i just check royalmail web i see royalmail recived my parcel well get it tomorrow see what happen i apply for PR on 11.06.2012 :D

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 30/10/12. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

Hello evry one very happy tuesday. thanks for god i got my permanent residence card today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

here is my time line

apply on 11.06.2012
homeoffice recived 12.06.2012
COA issued 25.07.2012
recive PR today 30.10.2012 date on PR 18.10.2012

total time 4 month and 24 days

how im happy insha3llah who wait for long time well get it soon and who ever need my help im very happy to do that good lack to evry one.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Congratulations sarwar74!

And thank you for keeping us updated on your case. It certainly makes the rest of us currently waiting feel more hopeful.

kozyavka
Newly Registered

Post by kozyavka » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi everyone!

Followed this forum for months now, but at last decided to register and post my timeline.

Congratualtions to sarwar74 for getting the PR. When are you planning to appy for BC?
Seems to me I've applied for PR the same time as you (1 day difference), checked Royal Mail but my prepaid Special Delivery hasn't been registered with them yet.

My case is straight forward: married, lived together for the last (almost) 6 years. Husband is EE and has been working since forever. Supplied all his P60/P45 etc. I took them exactly 6 months when I applied for EU Family Member stamp, so assume it won't take them less to grant me PR stamp. Once received, will be applying for BC in December as it will be 6 years since we married.

sarwar74

Post by sarwar74 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:16 pm

kozyavka wrote:Hi everyone!

Followed this forum for months now, but at last decided to register and post my timeline.

Congratualtions to sarwar74 for getting the PR. When are you planning to appy for BC?
Seems to me I've applied for PR the same time as you (1 day difference), checked Royal Mail but my prepaid Special Delivery hasn't been registered with them yet.

My case is straight forward: married, lived together for the last (almost) 6 years. Husband is EE and has been working since forever. Supplied all his P60/P45 etc. I took them exactly 6 months when I applied for EU Family Member stamp, so assume it won't take them less to grant me PR stamp. Once received, will be applying for BC in December as it will be 6 years since we married.

I hope you well get it soon as well . im married on 06.06.2007 so i well apply for BC next year in june that time i well be compele 6 years since i married

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 pm

sarwar74 wrote:
sarwar74 wrote:hello evry one i just check royalmail web i see royalmail recived my parcel well get it tomorrow see what happen i apply for PR on 11.06.2012 :D

Hello evry one very happy tuesday. thanks for god i got my permanent residence card today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

here is my time line

apply on 11.06.2012
homeoffice recived 12.06.2012
COA issued 25.07.2012
recive PR today 30.10.2012 date on PR 18.10.2012

total time 4 month and 24 days

how im happy insha3llah who wait for long time well get it soon and who ever need my help im very happy to do that good lack to evry one.
Congratulations sarwar74!