ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application Black-And-White or Colour Photocopies ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

OCI Application Black-And-White or Colour Photocopies ?

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

I tried to search this forum but could not find the answer to this question hence though of starting the topic.

Can anyone who has already applied for OCI/ received the OCI successfully share their experience in terms of photocopies that we need to submit. While the list is quite clear i am not sure whether we need to submit B&W or colour photocopies?

Can anyone please throw some light on this aspect. I could not find anything mention on the HCL site (unless i have missed obviously) which makes me think that B&W should be fine unless anyone has adverse experience with it.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm

clear black and white is enough. No need to be colour.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Can anyone who has already applied for OCI/ received the OCI successfully share their experience in terms of photocopies that we need to submit. While the list is quite clear i am not sure whether we need to submit B&W or colour photocopies? >>>

Two sets of application is desirable, no need for colour copies.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

gidoc wrote:Who uses B & W pictures on travel documents???
I do not think you read the question correctly. It does not talk about pictures it talks about photocopies of the documents that we need to submit with application.

t1seeker

Post by t1seeker » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 pm

gidoc wrote:Can anyone who has already applied for OCI/ received the OCI successfully share their experience in terms of photocopies that we need to submit. While the list is quite clear i am not sure whether we need to submit B&W or colour photocopies? >>>

Two sets of application is desirable, no need for colour copies.
I made a personal application this week @ London. What I submitted (me+wife+child)

1) Part A + B of the form

2) Colour photocopies of the following

a) UK passport photopage
b) UK naturalisation certificate
c) Surrender certificate
d) Marriage certificate
e) Child's full UK birth certificate

Not sure if B&W copies would have done, I can't see why not as long as it is clear and photo visible, etc but I had take color copies anyways.

Normally you just need (a)-(c) above, I needed (d) as my wife's last name in SC and UK pp were different and for a minor child born in UK they ask for copy of full UK birth certi.

Everything single copy, no duplicates reqd. Make sure all copies are self-attested.

If applying in person CASH only - no cards.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Are you sure that duplicate copy of the form is not needed? The reason I'm asking is, in the OCI Form notes after the Date and signature section point 7.10 read 'This form when completed should be submitted in duplicate (both sets must have original photograph and signature alongwith enclosures)'
Is this just because the form has not been amended since this rule has been changed? I wish such inconsistencies, which are so simple to correct, would be ironed out by HCI.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 pm

Just waned to confirm following points

- Is it ok for me to sign my daughters photocopies while 'self' attesting or do we need her thumb impression on the pages as self attest?

- I still have to get my daughters thumb impression on the part A of the form for her. is there any other place i needed her thumb impression?

- is submitting surrender certificate is sufficient or do we have to also provide the self attested photocopies of the Indian passport pages?

t1seeker

Post by t1seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

PG1983 wrote:Are you sure that duplicate copy of the form is not needed? The reason I'm asking is, in the OCI Form notes after the Date and signature section point 7.10 read 'This form when completed should be submitted in duplicate (both sets must have original photograph and signature alongwith enclosures)'
Is this just because the form has not been amended since this rule has been changed? I wish such inconsistencies, which are so simple to correct, would be ironed out by HCI.
Yes I submitted my OCI in person few days ago.

t1seeker

Post by t1seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

PG1983 wrote:Are you sure that duplicate copy of the form is not needed? The reason I'm asking is, in the OCI Form notes after the Date and signature section point 7.10 read 'This form when completed should be submitted in duplicate (both sets must have original photograph and signature alongwith enclosures)'
Yes I submitted my OCI in person few days ago.

t1seeker

Post by t1seeker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm

manyaonisland wrote:Just waned to confirm following points

- Is it ok for me to sign my daughters photocopies while 'self' attesting or do we need her thumb impression on the pages as self attest?

- I still have to get my daughters thumb impression on the part A of the form for her. is there any other place i needed her thumb impression?

- is submitting surrender certificate is sufficient or do we have to also provide the self attested photocopies of the Indian passport pages?
1) No you have to self attest it.
2) No just Part A
3) No need for Indian pp , SC is sufficient

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 am

t1seeker wrote:
1) No you have to self attest it.
2) No just Part A
3) No need for Indian pp , SC is sufficient
Thank you t1seeker.

They have made the mistake in surrender certificates of both of us. I had to now wait for correction. It was also the case when i got my daughter's surrender certificate. It is beyond me how someone can make a mistake while typing only 5 lines in these surrender certificates even when they have all the information at hand to refer. The VFS staff was unable to help as everything needs to go back to HCL. they even had to take photocopies of both my passports as it is required as proof for correcting mistake :roll:

My waiting game is still on!

InUkOnHsmp

Re: OCI Application Black-And-White or Colour Photocopies ?

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi manyaonisland,

Can you indicate how long it took to get the corrected surrender certificates? Also did they charge you for correcting there own mistake?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!