ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 pm

zagoo2000 wrote:
NOG wrote:@AT-LONG-LAST, many congratulations.
Congratulations AT-LONG-LAST.

I sent my 14 year ILR application on the 7th July 2012. I have only received acknowledgement. UKBA promises to complete 99% of cases within 90 days. I have got just about 3 weeks and few days left.

-should i be worried? :(
-are all the ILR 14 year applications being processed via Biometrics?
yes, everybody will be called for biometrics enrolment under new law.
When did you hear the UKBA will complete 99% cases within 90 days?

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks chorc123, sorry i meant 95%. I said it on the basis of this link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

applied: 07/07/2012
acknowledgement: 19/07/2012

i wonder, how long will it take to receive the biometric invitation?
also, are these invitation letters sent to your home address or to your solicitors?
are these invitation letters sent with deadlines?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:37 pm

zagoo2000 wrote:Thanks chorc123, sorry i meant 95%. I said it on the basis of this link:

also, are these invitation letters sent to your home address or to your solicitors?
The service standards you are referring to relate to applications for visas. (ie out of country applications, they do not apply for in country applications.

The service standard for in country postal applications for settlement is for 90% of applications to be decided within 6 months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
zagoo2000 wrote:Thanks chorc123, sorry i meant 95%. I said it on the basis of this link:

The service standards you are referring to relate to applications for visas. (ie out of country applications, they do not apply for in country applications.
Thanks Greenie, i guess you are right. i have just read my acknowledgement letter. just to clear i will just add here what it says on it 'Please note that our published service standard is that we aim to complete 99% of applications within 6 months. All applications are considered in application date order unless there are any compelling or compassionate reasons to prioritise.'

still worried about biometric though :?

AT-LONG-LAST
Newly Registered

Post by AT-LONG-LAST » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:50 pm

chorc123 wrote:
zagoo2000 wrote:
Thanks NOG, long wait though 25 weeks. Yours was only 18 weeks if i remember well

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi,
Application sent by recorded post on 4th July, Acknowledgement letter on 9th July, Biometrics done on 29th August. Still waiting.

AT-LONG-LAST
Newly Registered

Post by AT-LONG-LAST » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 pm

chorc123 wrote:
zagoo2000 wrote:

I sent my 14 year ILR application on the 7th July 2012. I have only received acknowledgement. UKBA promises to complete 99% of cases within 90 days. I have got just about 3 weeks and few days left.

Choc123 you will have to provide your biometrics at some point. It is a requirement for all applications done from the 29th of February 2012 i believe

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 pm

AT-LONG-LAST wrote:
chorc123 wrote:
zagoo2000 wrote:

Choc123 you will have to provide your biometrics at some point. It is a requirement for all applications done from the 29th of February 2012 i believe
Yes, just did it on the end of August.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm

chorc123 wrote:

Hi,
Application sent by recorded post on 4th July, Acknowledgement letter on 9th July, Biometrics done on 29th August. Still waiting.
hey chorc123, when did you receive the invitation? or was it sent to your solicitor? or its sent to both? what is the process?

i'm a bit worried because i haven't received it yet :?

chorc123

Post by chorc123 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 pm

hey chorc123, when did you receive the invitation? or was it sent to your solicitor? or its sent to both? what is the process?

i'm a bit worried because i haven't received it yet :?[/quote]

Hi,
The invitation letter was received on 28th August which was sent it to me and rep.

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:21 am

same here zagoo2000 still waiting for biometric letter. sent 6th july
acknowledgement 27th july
waiting and hoping and homeless

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 am

missmykid wrote:waiting and hoping and homeless
Did you try to contact these organizations their aim is to help people in your position.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/get-involved/naccom/.
http://homelessuk.org/details.asp?id=QA41

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:50 am

missmykid wrote:
waiting and hoping and homeless

Did you try to contact these organizations their aim is to help people in your position.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/get-involved/naccom/.
http://homelessuk.org/details.asp?

tried these but they cant help because im not an asylum seeker.gonna keep trying

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

out of the streets now.thanks digging deep for the advice.

SouthAfricanInUK
Newly Registered

14 yrs long residence

Post by SouthAfricanInUK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Kiwi girl,
Thanks for your very positive post.
I need some advice, I have been in the country for over 14yrs now. I made an application to remain in 2003, but this was refused because I overstayed my student visa. I didnt know about the refusal because I moved house ( I let the Home Office know and they still posted to my old address :roll: ) Anyway they contacted me in 2009 saying the dept dealing with my application no longer existed and asked for further info.
I wrote back in Oct 2009 ( within 28 days ) and that was the last I heard from them. What does it all mean and do I need to see a solicitor ??
Any advise is much appreciated Thanx :)

chorc123

Re: 14 yrs long residence

Post by chorc123 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:26 pm

SouthAfricanInUK wrote:Hi Kiwi girl,
Thanks for your very positive post.
I need some advice, I have been in the country for over 14yrs now. I made an application to remain in 2003, but this was refused because I overstayed my student visa. I didnt know about the refusal because I moved house ( I let the Home Office know and they still posted to my old address :roll: ) Anyway they contacted me in 2009 saying the dept dealing with my application no longer existed and asked for further info.
I wrote back in Oct 2009 ( within 28 days ) and that was the last I heard from them. What does it all mean and do I need to see a solicitor ??
Any advise is much appreciated Thanx :)
Unfortunately, there is no 14 years ILR rule and DLR now. It goes up 20 years and people will be given 10 years route to ILR. ( please check the threads in the forum).
How old are you? Do you have any family ties here? These factors might help you to apply for 10 years route, or you have to wait 20 years mark.

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:44 am

got biometrics letter yesterday 11/10/12 dated 2nd october.keeping fingers crossed from now

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Member of Standing

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 pm Post subject:
Hi guys

I just recieved a letter today from the UKBA requesting for further information as
I have a UK born dependant. In order for them to consider my case with evidence.

1. Is your client in any relationship with his daughter.
2. Original full birth cert of my daughter.
3.Does your client have any contact with the daughter, how often and what level of contact.
4.Who is the main carer for my daughter.
5.Who has full custody of my daughter.
6.I should provide further details and evidence of my family life in the UK and specifically relationship with my daughter.

7. Evidence of cohabitation.

Now all that is being asked was sent in the bundle before we went to court in May where the appeal was allowed and remitted for consideration under section 55. Does that mean that the caseworker has not got that imformation?. We have never cohibited,my daughter leaves in the midlands and i leave in London,i speak to her regularly and go to see her often to spend time with her during term time and holidays.

So what information do these guys want other than the Original BC.

Please any in put be great i want to prepare all i can to sent by tomorrow thanks

Hi guys

Above was then but now ukba confirmed that they received the further information on the 24th Sept 2012. How long would they normally take after they get the information that they required.

magga1
Newly Registered

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Post by magga1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm

I have been following this blog for a while and it has given me a lot of insight into what to expect with my own application. My story is listed below.

I came to the UK on 01/01/1998 on a 6 months visitor’s visa and overstayed. I have been in employment since 1998 and have been in current job for 10 years. I also managed to study and earn 5 separate professional qualifications in Project Management, IT and Enterprise Architecture. I lost my passport in 2002 and could not locate any documentation to cover 1998/99. I have got a P45 issued in December 2000 for my first job and a reference from my manager at the time. I managed to get my complete medical records which cover the period 1998-2012 and a letter from my current GP. I also have got P60's from 2000-2012 and all my certificates. I also submitted 5 letters to support my application from members of my family and my partner who is a British citizen.
My main worry was the missing gap between 1998-99, we resolved to emphasise that they verify that I was resident in the UK in 98-99 using my medical records as I attended appointments and hospital visits during that period in question. My solicitor also requested the caseworker to check their data warehouse for landing cards to verify my date of entry as I lost my passport with the entry stamp.

Application completed with solicitor: 08/05/12
Application received by UKBA: 18/05/12
Acknowledgement letter dated: 21/05/12
Payment: Bankers Draft
Biometric Card received: 17/10/12
Passport and Supporting documents are still in transit.

pgmiot

Re: 14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Post by pgmiot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:20 pm

congratulations, Magga1.
Would you mind to PM me your solicitor's details?

As you can read my previous post, I applied on the 7th/July, when I was still 1 and half month short of the qualifying period. I am very worried, in fact depressed about my future.

Somehow , I still want to try my best, start looking for a good solicitor, in case I am rejected.

thanks a million.
magga1 wrote:I have been following this blog for a while and it has given me a lot of insight into what to expect with my own application. My story is listed below.

I came to the UK on 01/01/1998 on a 6 months visitor’s visa and overstayed. I have been in employment since 1998 and have been in current job for 10 years. I also managed to study and earn 5 separate professional qualifications in Project Management, IT and Enterprise Architecture. I lost my passport in 2002 and could not locate any documentation to cover 1998/99. I have got a P45 issued in December 2000 for my first job and a reference from my manager at the time. I managed to get my complete medical records which cover the period 1998-2012 and a letter from my current GP. I also have got P60's from 2000-2012 and all my certificates. I also submitted 5 letters to support my application from members of my family and my partner who is a British citizen.
My main worry was the missing gap between 1998-99, we resolved to emphasise that they verify that I was resident in the UK in 98-99 using my medical records as I attended appointments and hospital visits during that period in question. My solicitor also requested the caseworker to check their data warehouse for landing cards to verify my date of entry as I lost my passport with the entry stamp.

Application completed with solicitor: 08/05/12
Application received by UKBA: 18/05/12
Acknowledgement letter dated: 21/05/12
Payment: Bankers Draft
Biometric Card received: 17/10/12
Passport and Supporting documents are still in transit.

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi, diggingdeeper

I am very appreciate and grateful for the effort, patience and knowledge that you have putted into the message you replied to me.

It is very informative and has helped me a lot.

Now I have few more questions , they are as follow:

1. from your message, that in my case, I will have no right to appeal, but can ask for reconsideration, and if necessary, go for Judiciary review.

2. Should I have to go for Judiciary review, My argument would be that the 14 years rule had been abolished without any warning, in another word, retrospectively?

3. do you know where I can search for the past Court Cases? any data base website?

I have been very depressed, sometime I am thinking , maybe just hide in some back street, and stay there forever, it is such a difficult world for me, such a harsh reality.

Seems my life is a big joke, after all that has happened in my life, I thought by the end of the 14 years, I could start my life fresh before it is too late, and have a second chance. And just 1 and half month before that, the rule was abolished. How funny is that?!

This is my last chance, so I will try all my best to gather all useful information, to prepare for the unfortunate.

thanks a lot.

and wish everyone will be granted ILR soon.

P.S: Have submitted Biometric in the Mid Sep. now waiting for the unknown? and preparing for the ....................

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 am

Hello pgmiot,

Glad to help, anytime.

I know waiting is difficult but things are moving on you have done you Biometrics so if they make decision after your have clock 14 years. There is good chance to for you to get IRL if not i think they might give you 2.5 years. Anyway on your questions

1. The first thing you can do is ask for reconsideration. Yes Judiciary review is open to you, but the chance of success need to be quantified properly with a lawyer as it is expensive process.

2. I don’t think you can use that arguments as they will argue that the announce the changes few weeks in advance that they going to abolish 14 years and they might argue they have followed all the procedures required of them by law. Plus you were a bit short of 14 year.

3. They changes are fairly new so I am not aware of any case law at the moment similar to your situation. But may be you can argue in grounds of proportionality and fairness, article 8 rights and compassionate ground.

Read more here about proportionality and fairness test http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf

If they refuse you that and reconsideration I think you can still apply under New provision (Human right article 8 private life). . Particular this point

(vi) Is aged 18 years and above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but has no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which they would have to go if required to leave the UK.

In order to determine whether the applicant has ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country he would be returned to, factors such as language, cultural background, length of time spent in the country of origin and family friends and social network, are considered. This is not an exhaustive list.

If the applicant does not meet the requirements of the rules, there may be exceptional circumstances which would make refusal and the requirement for the applicant to leave the UK a breach of Article 8. Cumulative factors are relevant for consideration. For instance, where the applicant has family members in the UK but their family life does not provide a basis to remain, and they also have a significant private life in the UK (for example, sibling relationships or an adult child and parent relationship which does not normally qualify as family life under Article 8.

Although, under the rules family life and private life are considered separately and are not cumulative, when considering whether there are exceptional circumstances which would make removal from the UK a breach of Article 8, both family and private life should be taken into account.

Read more here http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/08/ ... residence/ and here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf.

So far we don't know strictly or otherwise Home Office are going to apply/interpret these new provisions particular lacks of social, culture and family ties. But i think one task is prove somehow one fit in this new straitjacket and prepare application accordingly including all the relevant factors.

I think all things considered it will be difficult for them to argue against human right (private life) of somebody who has spent more than 14 years in UK.
Last edited by diggingdeep on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 am

Congratulations to magga1 for your IRL and missmykid as well for get your biometrics done.

chorc123

update

Post by chorc123 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:59 pm

I have just received a letter from UKBA via my MP. It said the case will be decided by 3/1/13 within 6 months timeframe.
Let's hope!!!

Klow

Post by Klow » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Is there anyone has got granted SET(O) 14 years for July application?