ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI arrived in London: how to collect?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ilrapplicant
Newly Registered

OCI arrived in London: how to collect?

Post by ilrapplicant » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Dear all,
My family's OCI has arrived in London, as per the online status check. I have to travel to India on 26th Nov, and was wondering whats the best way to collect the OCI from London was. Is this sufficient time to get it by post, or should I not risk it and just go and collect in person? Also do I need to take my kids for the same?
Its only that a 3 hour drive to London and a days worth of time, is what makes me want to go the postal route, but I will not risk it if ths takes a long time. I need the OCI stamped before I travel on 26th.
Any suggestions on the matter is much appreciated.
Thanks,

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 am

If you consider the recommended 10days extra through postal route, you can possibly get before you travel.

If you can take a day off, collecting personally it the best option as it gives you peace of mind for few weeks.

barnsley11
Newly Registered

Re: OCI arrived in London: how to collect?

Post by barnsley11 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

ilrapplicant wrote:Dear all,
My family's OCI has arrived in London, as per the online status check. I have to travel to India on 26th Nov, and was wondering whats the best way to collect the OCI from London was. Is this sufficient time to get it by post, or should I not risk it and just go and collect in person? Also do I need to take my kids for the same?
Its only that a 3 hour drive to London and a days worth of time, is what makes me want to go the postal route, but I will not risk it if ths takes a long time. I need the OCI stamped before I travel on 26th.
Any suggestions on the matter is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Hi Did all your family oci card came same time . As i applied for myself and my son . My son application is processed more faster than me ,his oci card is on his way and mine is still on scanned option.

ilrapplicant
Newly Registered

update

Post by ilrapplicant » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello everyone,
Just to let you know that we have all recieved our OCI's by post within 10 days. Saved the hassle of going to London personally, but then I had 2-3 weeks time.
Mine and my 2 boys application were processed and issued all at the same time.

Riaz