ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's extension application Liverpool PEO 29/10

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jd
Member of Standing

Dependant's extension application Liverpool PEO 29/10

Post by jd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I applied for settlement (in the morning) and my wife's extension (afternoon) in person at Liverpool PEO.

My ILR expereince is posted here.

I had FLR(M) for my wife but the lady who does validation checks told me that my wife needs to apply for Tier 1 dependant extension and doesn't need to switch to spouse of a settled person category.

She gave me the PBS dependant form (see the link below) which I filled in and submitted the application.

Docs submitted for dependant:
1. PBS dependant form
2. 2 photos
3. Bank statement (for maintenance funds - showing at least £600 for 90 days)
4. Original marriage certificate
5. Sponsor/My passport
6. My ILR letter (which was issued in the morning)

AND photocopies.

The caseworker told us that the extension will be for 3 years but she can apply for ILR (using Set O) after completing 2 years. My wife took KET for FLR(M) but that was not required for her PBS dependant extension application.

PBS dependant form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

Thanks

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi jd,
First of all congratulations. Can you please share, when was the dependant was first granted leave to enter uk and how long was that valid for?

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm

rasinrdj wrote:Hi jd,
First of all congratulations. Can you please share, when was the dependant was first granted leave to enter uk and how long was that valid for?
Thanks, visa was granted in Jan 2012 (valid till 22/11) and she entered the country in March 2012.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Congratulations.

Did the caseworker say why your wife can't apply under FLR (M) but has to apply under PBS dependent?

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 pm

priya26 wrote:Congratulations.

Did the caseworker say why your wife can't apply under FLR (M) but has to apply under PBS dependent?
I asked if this is a recent change because there is no clear guidance and I was under assumption that my wife will need to apply for FLR(M) but she was not sure and her answer was my wife doesn't need to switch category and has to apply for extension.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 pm

I am going to be applying for my FLR M soon but after coming across your wife's case I am so confused what to do.

You are lucky that they let your wife submit an PBS dependant despite having an appointment for FLR M. I have a read a few cases where they have refused to do so.

I have another question. Did you apply under hsmp+tier 1 general category?

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:29 pm

priya26 wrote:I am going to be applying for my FLR M soon but after coming across your wife's case I am so confused what to do.

You are lucky that they let your wife submit an PBS dependant despite having an appointment for FLR M. I have a read a few cases where they have refused to do so.

I have another question. Did you apply under hsmp+tier 1 general category?
Yes I was hsmp+ tier1 general.

In Liverpool PEO, nobody asked us if we had an appointment or what type of appointment it was. I'm sure they have access to appointment records but they didn't ask any question about that.
Here is my application experience as main applicant.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=117055

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi JD

Two question regarding PBS dependent form.

1. Section F. Homeoffice ref no.
What did you enter. Did you enter VAF no on passport stamp?

2. Other name B9 of from.
Did you mention about birth certificate name(father name + father surname)

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm

currydixon wrote: 1. Section F. Homeoffice ref no.
What did you enter. Did you enter VAF no on passport stamp?
Number on the visa stamp (I think on top right of the stamp - in red).
currydixon wrote: 2. Other name B9 of from.
Did you mention about birth certificate name(father name + father surname)
No. my wife didn't change name after marriage so was not applicable.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi JD

Thanks mate...
Regarding '' other name''
you said your wife did not change name after marriage.

But Before marriage your wife name will have her father name and father surname. and after marriage your wife name will have your name and surname.

In summary, at birth full name(wife name+father name + surname) will change after marriage to (wife name + husband name + husband surname).

Do i need to mention in application form?

T

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

currydixon wrote:Hi JD

Thanks mate...
Regarding '' other name''
you said your wife did not change name after marriage.

But Before marriage your wife name will have her father name and father surname. and after marriage your wife name will have your name and surname.

In summary, at birth full name(wife name+father name + surname) will change after marriage to (wife name + husband name + husband surname).

Do i need to mention in application form?

T
My wife still have her birth name "first name + her fathers family name". You need can fill in if your wife has changed her surname to yours.

pjzhang
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant's extension application Liverpool PEO 29/10

Post by pjzhang » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

jd wrote:I applied for settlement (in the morning) and my wife's extension (afternoon) in person at Liverpool PEO.

I had FLR(M) for my wife but the lady who does validation checks told me that my wife needs to apply for Tier 1 dependant extension and doesn't need to switch to spouse of a settled person category.

She gave me the PBS dependant form (see the link below) which I filled in and submitted the application.

1. PBS dependant form
2. 2 photos
5. Sponsor/My passport

AND photocopies.

The caseworker told us that the extension will be for 3 years but she can apply for ILR (using Set O) after completing 2 years. My wife took KET for FLR(M) but that was not required for her PBS dependant extension application.

PBS dependant form

Thanks
Hello JD,
I will have the similar application soon. question 'C4' - ask for the reference number for 'the most recent application of the PBS main applicant you are dependant on' Did you fill in your previous Tier 1 application reference number or recent ILR application reference number.

Thanks in advance

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:00 pm

I left that blank
pjzhang wrote:
jd wrote:I applied for settlement (in the morning) and my wife's extension (afternoon) in person at Liverpool PEO.

1. PBS dependant form
2. 2 photos
5. Sponsor/My passport

AND photocopies.

PBS dependant form

Thanks
Hello JD,
I will have the similar application soon. question 'C4' - ask for the reference number for 'the most recent application of the PBS main applicant you are dependant on' Did you fill in your previous Tier 1 application reference number or recent ILR application reference number.

Thanks in advance

m_akseen
Newly Registered

Post by m_akseen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi JD,

thanks so much for the post has helped a lot with the confusion.
I had aquestion , you have written that you wife took KET for FLRM. I am curious to know what KET is?

My case is same as yours , My husband will be applying for ILR and i will be Applying for a Tier 2 dependent extension .

And i was wondering if you or anyone else in the forum can answer - if the ILR and the PSB Dependent can be processed at the same appointment at the PEO.
I am aware that you booked one for your ILR and one for your wifes PBS Dependent, but then the PBS Dependent requires your Passsport and ILR letter.

So would it be adviseable to book seperate appointment on same or next day after getting the ILR letter and passport?

Thanks in advance.
Hope the processes at UKBA get simpler and less messy (for their own good :)

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm

1. PBS dependant form
2. 2 photos
5. Sponsor/My passport

AND photocopies.

PBS dependant form

Thanks

Hi JD

As you applied for your wife as PBS Dependant after getting the ILR.I have the same situation like your case.Please can you guide me what option you selected for the question M2 or M5 in PBS Dependant application form.Please advise .

Help me to fill the form please i see there are few confusing & tricky questions.

Thanks

syedmember
Newly Registered

Post by syedmember » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 pm

[quote="jd"]I applied for settlement (in the morning) and my wife's extension (afternoon) in person at Liverpool PEO.

My ILR expereince is posted [url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=117055]here[/url].

1. PBS dependant form
2. 2 photos
5. Sponsor/My passport

AND photocopies.

PBS dependant form

Thanks[/quote]

hi.....
can i use PBS dependent form after my husband get ilr?????

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

m_akseen wrote:Hi JD,

And i was wondering if you or anyone else in the forum can answer - if the ILR and the PSB Dependent can be processed at the same appointment at the PEO.
I am aware that you booked one for your ILR and one for your wifes PBS Dependent, but then the PBS Dependent requires your Passsport and ILR letter.
I am still looking for this answer, anyone willing to help/clarify?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 pm

crusador0408 wrote:
m_akseen wrote:Hi JD,

I am still looking for this answer, anyone willing to help/clarify?
I have found this answer. You can't enroll her as dependent during ILR appointment online forms. However, you can go for another appointment same day later once primary applicant's app is processed.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.