ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

festronaut

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm

rukia888 wrote:
festronaut wrote:
festronaut wrote:
rukia888 wrote:Hi mshasan24, thanks for your help. Sorry to confused you there, i didnt mention that my application is the SET(Protction route) as well, 5 years of refugee status or the other. I can't remember now. I sent my application form off in June n just had the. Invitation to get my fingers print done and it is free Cos I just had it done on. Monday. Now I'm just waiting for their decision now.
Any good new from ur side? Hope all of us don't have to wait much longer :)
P.s I didn't get the acknowledge letter just the invitation to get biometric info done
Hello rukia888, Did you get the biometric request letter by registered post or by normal post?
Hi festronaut, sorry late reply. My biomerric didn't come with recorded delivery which I found really odd. Still waiting for their decision. Any good new from your side?

Good luck guys :)
Any Update Rukia?

mirna

Post by mirna » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 pm

hi all! Thankx frestonaut for ur reply.i am still waiting for the biometrics. You think the whole process take 3 months or the biometrics?

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

mirna wrote:hi all! Thankx frestonaut for ur reply.i am still waiting for the biometrics. You think the whole process take 3 months or the biometrics?
On average the whole process is taking 4 months and 2 weeks. For many, Biometrics is by 3 months (though some got it much more earlier. Hopefully, you will be among those lucky.

mirna

Post by mirna » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

thx festronaut, so i have still time then, it's not even 2month yet since i applied for set. What about u , what r u waiting for, The biometric or the ilr?

mshasan24

updates

Post by mshasan24 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 am

Hello

I want update you about my case

I have submitted my application on 24 August 2012
UKBA have received my application on 28 August 2012
have received Biometric letter from UKBA on 12 October 2012
Gave my biometric details on 19 October 2012 to a post office

Important Information

for those of you who have been granted LLR Refugees Status on their first asylum application, you have to know that the Biometric post service is free of charge for you, that means you should not pay the fees which is around 19 pound, if how ever you did not receive the biometric invitation letter with the bar code and the post office have charged you because your letters were without bar code you are eligible for refund.

you just need to write a letter to the UKBA and attach the copy of the post office receipts and send them to the liverpool address, make sure to mention on your letter that you need that payments to be refunded back because the service was free of charge for you, and they will refund that money back to you.

Again I will strongly advice for those who are applying the ILR set protection to seek a legal adviser, because what I have learn t through this process is if you apply without getting a help from a legal expert than it may cause you a bit of delays, for example if you use a legal expert like the Law Center they will give you an official letter which will help you that your benefit will not stop or if you are working they will write you a letter explaining that you have a full right to work and claim any benefit while your decision is pending, and the most important thing about the legal experts is they will be an address for you for example if you move from your house you don't need to worry as every letter from the UKBA will paralytically will be posted both you and them that means you have second reserve chance and finally they may get bit respect.

mirna

Post by mirna » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 am

thanks mshassan for ur update and about the information for the biometrics. I'd cost me around 60pounds( my kids & i)

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 pm

mirna wrote:thx festronaut, so i have still time then, it's not even 2month yet since i applied for set. What about u , what r u waiting for, The biometric or the ilr?
Done the Biometric. Waiting for ILR :)

mirna

Post by mirna » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

ok gd luck

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: khus9201

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:03 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi Khus9201,

Acknowledgement letter is what I expected but nothing has come sadly. But I have read most of the time they are not sending them. It would be good to get one, at least you know they are doing something with our applications, not sat under someone's desk for months full of dust and using them as a pad for his/her coffee cup ...

I know what you mean, they finger print us and everything. It sounded daft to me when I saw it on the form. Anyway from what I understood, if you gave them details of when and where your fingers (& toes ;-) ) prints taken they should be able to use them. From my research it seems that if they don't send you biometric thingy within 6 weeks from the application sent, it means almost likely they don't need it.

I keep my fingers crossed, pray all the time and think positive. Everyone confirmed to me it is just a routine thing nothing else.

Thank you, I hope you get your positive response soon too. Good luck

I will update this thread when I get response and I hope you do the same.

I hope other readers good as yourself and put input here of where they are and what is happening.

I see alot read the thread and did not write anything, unless you have different situation to the thread subject, guys please put your input here to help others who are just waiting for answers. Remember no one will know who you are and would mind your business, all what we want input please.

Thank you again Khus 9201 for your prompted response.

:D
hi dear
i sent my application in august but still not received any acknowlegemt letter if you any information then please tell me thanks
babe_khyuber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Finger Prints for ILR after finishing LLR refugees for f

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:10 pm

festronaut wrote:Hello Guys : Count me as fifth. I applied in July-2012 (Protection Route)
i am the same as you but i had applied in august 2012 till now i did not received any acknoledgement letter if you have some information please then sherinng me thn :?
babe_khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

ilr set protection routr

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 pm

set protection prossicing time
Last edited by babe_khyber on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mshasan24

Hello Kheybar

Post by mshasan24 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:27 pm

hello kheibar you should not be panic bear in mind the whole process normally takes up 6 months so as long as your application has not pass that six months slot time its ok, and you have to understand UKBA are processing a millions and millions of applications every day.

when it comes how long it takes every one is different from the other one for example I have sent my application on 24th of August they have received on 28 of August and I have received the biometric enrolment on 19 October 2012 although they have sent it 12 of October, it took them one month and half you can call me a lucky person!! to get that biometric enrollment letters within one month and half but it also depends upon the person who is handling the case.

you have repeated many times about acknowledgement letter I have made a research and what I found out is from 29 of February 2012 that is the time when they (THE UKBA) have started this biometric enrollment policy UKBA have stopped sending the acknowledgement letters and I reckon the reason for the volume of applications they are receiving every week is more than them!!! on my case the first page of the biometric enrollment letter was elucidating the acknowledgement that they have received my documents.

on the other hand if you are so curious and desperate to know whether your documents are with them just you can track from the Royal Mail website http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/t ... gear=track

if how ever you are not happy for their slow process you can complain by sending an email to their complaint team for this email address UKBACust1568@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
bear in mind their response may take up to 20 days.

I wish every one for good luck and I am still waiting the ILR ID card (not more A4 size sheet) kk

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: set protection route prpssecing time

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:37 pm

mshasan24 wrote:Just you don't need to panic the whole process normally takes 6 months so as long as your application has not pass that six months time its ok, and you have to understand UKBA are processing a millions and millions of applications of every day.

when it comes how long it takes every one is different from the other one for example I have received my biometric finger prints on 19 October 2012 although they have sent it 12 of October, it took them one month and half you can call me a lucky to get that biometric enrollment letters within one month and half but it also depends upon the person who is handling the case.

you repeated many times about acknowledgement letter I have researched and what I found out is from 29 of February 2012 that is the time when they started this biometric enrollment policy UKBA stop sending the acknowledgement letters and I reckon the reason is the volume of applications they are receiving every week is more than them!!! on my case the first letter of the biometric enrollment letter was stating the acknowledgement that they have received my documents.

on the other hand if you are so curious and desperate to know whether your documents are with them just you can track from the Royal Mail website http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/t ... gear=track

if how ever you are not happy for their slow process you can email their complaint team for this email UKBACust1568@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
bear in mind their response may take up to 20 days.

I wish every one for good luck and I am still waiting the ILR ID card (not more A4 size sheet) kk
hi masham
thank`s for your repliy
best wishise and good luck

mirna

Post by mirna » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

any update?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

set protection route acknowledgment letter

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Today i received Biometric letter dated on 03 november 12 however it mention acknowledgement as well thank you for application for settlement in the uk but they not mention the real date which is the home office received my application 2 month and 6 days ago. today I maked a apointment for saturday morning for Biometric .I dont know how long it take it moor after biometric. thank for all of board member and

Best wishes :o :D :!:
Babe khyber Date 07/11/2012

festronaut

Re: set protection route acknowledgment letter

Post by festronaut » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Today i received Biometric letter dated on 03 november 12 however it mention acknowledgement as well thank you for application for settlement in the uk but they not mention the real date which is the home office received my application 2 month and 6 days ago. today I maked a apointment for saturday morning for Biometric .I dont know how long it take it moor after biometric. thank for all of board member and

Best wishes :o :D :!:
Babe khyber Date 07/11/2012
Good for you. On average, it takes 6-8 weeks after your biometrics. You can call yourself lucky, if u get ur ILR before this timeframe. :D

mirna

Post by mirna » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 pm

do we need to make an appointment for the biometrics or just go straigth to the post office? Did not receive the letter yet but i'm just asking

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 am

mirna wrote:do we need to make an appointment for the biometrics or just go straigth to the post office? Did not receive the letter yet but i'm just asking
NO there is not required appionment but just in case of long queue some time if you are single then just stright away is ok before the post office clossing time should be fine but if you have family then should you consider appiontment just ask him i need oppiontment for the day when you want I hope you will be received soon

best wishes

mirna

Post by mirna » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm

NO there is not required appionment but just in case of long queue some time if you are single then just stright away is ok before the post office clossing time should be fine but if you have family then should you consider appiontment just ask him i need oppiontment for the day when you want I hope you will be received soon

best wishes

thank you babe kyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi all member
Today i have done biometrics. Could any one tell me after biometrics
how long takes more time any advice will be aprecaited.

Thanks
babe khyber

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi all member

Thanks
babe khyber
I have already answered ur question in my previous reply based on my limited experience. This is UKBA's official guidelines for staff. Go through :)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e_form.pdf

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 pm

festronaut wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:Hi all member

Thanks
babe khyber
I have already answered ur question in my previous reply based on my limited experience. This is UKBA's official guidelines for staff. Go through :)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e_form.pdf
Thank`s

Newly Registered

Post by 0818688 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 am

Hi guys,
I applied on 05/11/2012 and still haven't heard from the Home office yet.! wish me luck

festronaut

Post by festronaut » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

0818688 wrote:Hi guys,
I applied on 05/11/2012 and still haven't heard from the Home office yet.! wish me luck
Welcome. Waiting time 6-12 weeks to get biometric and 6-12 week after getting the biometrics done. If more than 6 months, then it is with asylum case workers i.e., active review or UKBA blunder. :) keep cool

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm

hi all

I have got biometrics letter just after 8 week submited my application
in my limited knowledge I thik you will be receiving biometrics
acknowledgement middle of jan 13 if you receive early then you are
very lucky person but hope fully you will be getting ilr

Best wishes
babe khyber