ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa Help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bendarrow
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student Visa Help

Post by bendarrow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 pm

I've got uk student visa valid till April 2013.Based on my father critical condition I had to take a semester off and come back to my home country to see my father.
My father had angioplasty and now he is perfectly fine.
Im ready to go back to uk and resume my studies.

Im confused whether my current visa is valid anymore.
everone is telling me different things
some say that your visa is still valid and you can travel to uk on the same visa and resume your studies.

others say that you cant .once you take semester off,your visa will be cancelled.

but the point is my student visa on passport is still valid and they didnt stamp as cancelled.

I'm very much confused as what to do now.

Ill be highly grateful if someone can guide me in this regard.
All suggestions are welcome.

what should I do in this situation.

Waiting for reply
regards.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa Help

Post by bruteforce » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 pm

bendarrow wrote:I've got uk student visa valid till April 2013.Based on my father critical condition I had to take a semester off and come back to my home country to see my father.

some say that your visa is still valid and you can travel to uk on the same visa and resume your studies.

others say that you cant .once you take semester off,your visa will be cancelled.

but the point is my student visa on passport is still valid and they didnt stamp as cancelled.

Waiting for reply
regards.
The best course of action is to contact your college and enquire about the situation. If you had obtained prior permission from your college or university then you should be fine. If its otherwise then they might have already reported it to UKBA.

bendarrow
Newly Registered

Post by bendarrow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:42 pm

bruteforce wrote:
bendarrow wrote:I've got uk student visa valid till April 2013.Based on my father critical condition I had to take a semester off and come back to my home country to see my father.

Waiting for reply
regards.
The best course of action is to contact your college and enquire about the situation. If you had obtained prior permission from your college or university then you should be fine. If its otherwise then they might have already reported it to UKBA.

Thanks for your reply.
yeah I've already taken permission from the college.
only one thing coming in my mind if they had cancelled my visa,
then visa on my passport should have been stamped as cancelled and that i should apply for new visa when i want to resume my studies.

But that isn't the case,they didn't stamp my visa its still valid till april 2013

what you think if I should contact and enquire from UKBA directly.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm

bendarrow wrote:
bruteforce wrote:

Waiting for reply
regards.

Thanks for your reply.
then visa on my passport should have been stamped as cancelled and that i should apply for new visa when i want to resume my studies.

But that isn't the case,they didn't stamp my visa its still valid till april 2013

Contacting UKBA is useless, there is no proper channel provided for this. Only your college can tell you about the situation. They don't cancel or put any stamp when you leave the country.

bendarrow
Newly Registered

Post by bendarrow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:42 pm

bruteforce wrote:
bendarrow wrote:
bruteforce wrote:

Waiting for reply
regards.

Thanks for your reply.

Contacting UKBA is useless, there is no proper channel provided for this. Only your college can tell you about the situation. They don't cancel or put any stamp when you leave the country.
Thanks a lot for guiding me.
I really appreciate your help.
what if I travel on the same visa as there is no cancelled stamp and if the visa has been cancelled ,in that case what will happen at the airport?
will they allow me to enter into the country ?

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

You seem to be going round in circle with your queries and answers.

Simple answer to your question is the onus of curtailing your leave is with your sponsor, therefore if your sponsor has not informed UKBA and consider your absence as legitimate then your visa is not curtailed and you should be fine to travel on the same visa, however if your sponsor has contacted UKBA to inform them of your absence and withdrew their sponsorship then your visa stands to be curtailed and you would be refused entry.

So the best option for you is contact you Tier 4 sponsor college and ask them what is your status in their system and if the answer is +ve then there is nothing to worry about. Although at the time of entering UK again you may be asked to provide a reasonable explanation for your absence and some sort of an evidence to confirm that your college allowed you to skip a semester and to rejoin when you are able to do so.