ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Workpermit to ILR in Dec - New JOB in Jan

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robertrozarioa
Newly Registered

Workpermit to ILR in Dec - New JOB in Jan

Post by robertrozarioa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello,

I am a work permit holder and am completing 5 years on 8th Jan 2013 and have booked my appointment in December for ILR application in person at Croydon. I am with the employer who sponsored my WP for all these last 5 years.My current pay is also above the homeoffice SOC code.

But I have applied for a new job and got an offer letter and a contract saying that I can start the job from 2nd Jan 2013 if my ILR is successful and have no restriction in my VISA. With that in mind I have also submitted my resignation in my current company. :(

Now my question is about content of the "letter from the employer" that is required for my application.

I am going to request my current employer to give me a letter stating that I am employed with them for these 5 years with salary details and I am employed until Dec31st 2012. Not sure if they will be happy to add the last part in the letter as I have given my resignation notice and I will be working only until 31 Dec 2012 with the current employer.

I am planning to request my new employer to give me a letter with salary details stating that they are happy to employ me from 2nd Jan if my ILR is successful.

Do you think if I may have any problem in this case.

If so what sort of additional documentation will I need.

I have maintained bank statement for last 1 year and got P60 for last 5 years and statements and payslips for 12 months.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 am

134. Indefinite leave to remain for a work permit holder wrote:(iii) he is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer;
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

robertrozarioa
Newly Registered

Post by robertrozarioa » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 am

Many Thanks for a quick reply.

So a letter from my current employer be enough stating that "I am employed on such and such position with xxx salary and is still required for the position of XXX Engineer."

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:54 pm

robertrozarioa wrote:Many Thanks for a quick reply.

So a letter from my current employer be enough stating that "I am employed on such and such position with xxx salary and is still required for the position of XXX Engineer."
Based on what you spelled out above this is a tricky situation. In my opinion you should not mention anything about the new job. One of the key ilr requirements states

he is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer;

The employer has to state clearly and categorically that you are needed for the forseeable future not until dec x or y date) see examples of employer letter on the forum. All the best with your application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |