ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

djshaps
Newly Registered

Post by djshaps » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm

It was interesting to see that the letter was dated the 27th October ..... Are they working Saturday's now to help clear the backlog ?

oakgreendub
Newly Registered

Post by oakgreendub » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

dias5 wrote:
lale wrote:Hello all;
I applied ilr for my husband in april then he went for biometric roll in august since then we haven't heard anything from them . now 6 months is over and nothing is happened !!!! do you suggest me to phone them up and ask what is going on with my application ??? Thank youu all
Simular situation here! husband applied 22 May, biometrics aug and now still waiting
It is worth phoning just so they realise many people are unhappy, but you won't get any info from them. We applied in at the beginning of March, did biometrics four weeks later and are still waiting. It's 9 months now.

lale
Newly Registered

Post by lale » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am

oakgreendub wrote:
dias5 wrote:
I applied ilr for my husband in april then he went for biometric roll in august since then we haven't heard anything from them . now 6 months is over and nothing is happened !!!! do you suggest me to phone them up and ask what is going on with my application ??? Thank youu all
Simular situation here! husband applied 22 May, biometrics aug and now still waiting
It is worth phoning just so they realise many people are unhappy, but you won't get any info from them. We applied in at the beginning of March, did biometrics four weeks later and are still waiting. It's 9 months now.
omg i can't believe it !! its been 9 months and still waiting ? what do you think they are waiting for ? i just want to say the service is REdIcilous!!!!!!

lale
Newly Registered

Post by lale » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 am

does anyone knows what is the number to call about ilr ?

Jm5573
Newly Registered

Post by Jm5573 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 am

You have it in your acknowledgement letter.
lale wrote:does anyone knows what is the number to call about ilr ?

nabil200131
Newly Registered

Post by nabil200131 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 pm

djshaps wrote:It was interesting to see that the letter was dated the 27th October ..... Are they working Saturday's now to help clear the backlog ?
Strange ! because my letter of acceptance was dated October 20th which is a Saturday too.

NewtownDesi

Post by NewtownDesi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Congrats!!
You are one of the first july applicant who has received BRP. Can you please update your timeline below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ++timeline

I wish luck for other and most importantly myself :D
djshaps wrote:
djshaps wrote:Set M - Postal Application

Application submitted: 04/07/2012

Money taken: 06/07/2012

Acknowledgement Letter: 10/07/2012. dated 06/07/2012.

Request for Biometrics - Received 01/09/12 dated 29/08/12

Biometrics done: 03/09/12

Still Waiting ......
Letter of approval & documents received today, dated 27th October - BRP due within 7 days according to letter ... Yippeeee ... so approx 15 weeks from application and 2 months after Biometrics taken.

tamedo
Newly Registered

None Receipt of Biometric Letter

Post by tamedo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 am

My Further Leave to Remain expired on 31/07/2012. I posted my ILR application on SET (0) Form version 07/2012, HSMP+Tier1 General on the 19/07/2012.The application was received on 20/07/2012.I received an Acknowledgment letter dated 07/08/2012.

While still awaiting Biometric letter I received letters dated 24/9/2012 from Security Industry Authority (SIA) to submit evidence of my work status.I submitted the acknowledgment letter indicating that my ILR application is being processed by UKBA.

To my dismay, SIA wrote back to me with the letters dated 22/10/2012, which was received on 27/10/2012 informing me of revocation of my licenses because, the acknowledgment letter from UKBA was disputed by SIA as their check with UKBA could not establish my current work status.
Consequently, I was given 21 days to appeal the decision.

I am in the process of appealing the decision

I have also mailed my MP to assist I am yet to hear from him on what is doing to help.

My main concern is that some of those that applied in September, are already receiving there Biometric.Call to UKBA requested you should keep waiting.
Does anyone know what else I can do to chase the Biometric or at least have UKBA explain what is happening to my application?

anki2003

Re: None Receipt of Biometric Letter

Post by anki2003 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 am

tamedo wrote:My Further Leave to Remain expired on 31/07/2012. I posted my ILR application on SET (0) Form version 07/2012, HSMP+Tier1 General on the 19/07/2012.The application was received on 20/07/2012.I received an Acknowledgment letter dated 07/08/2012.

While still awaiting Biometric letter I received letters dated 24/9/2012 from Security Industry Authority (SIA) to submit evidence of my work status.I submitted the acknowledgment letter indicating that my ILR application is being processed by UKBA.

To my dismay, SIA wrote back to me with the letters dated 22/10/2012, which was received on 27/10/2012 informing me of revocation of my licenses because, the acknowledgment letter from UKBA was disputed by SIA as their check with UKBA could not establish my current work status.

I have also mailed my MP to assist I am yet to hear from him on what is doing to help.

My main concern is that some of those that applied in September, are already receiving there Biometric.Call to UKBA requested you should keep waiting.
Does anyone know what else I can do to chase the Biometric or at least have UKBA explain what is happening to my application?
Dear

I have also applied in September but have not received Biometric letter yet. You can request UKBA to give you or to your employer a letter that you are legal to work here.

saifali
Newly Registered

ILR Accepted

Post by saifali » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am

Hi All,

Just got my ILR approved and thought will give some updates on the timeline:

Applicated Submitted: 13th June 2012
Acknowledgement Received: 15th June 2012
Biometric Invitaion Letter: 23rd August
Biometric Process completed: 28th August
ILR approved: 31st October 2012

Based on Form (O), main applicant plus 1 dependent.

Hope, the above timelines help.

Its a nervous wait until the application is decided, but keep calm.

Scanner

Re: None Receipt of Biometric Letter

Post by Scanner » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 pm

tamedo wrote:My Further Leave to Remain expired on 31/07/2012. I posted my ILR application on SET (0) Form version 07/2012, HSMP+Tier1 General on the 19/07/2012.The application was received on 20/07/2012.I received an Acknowledgment letter dated 07/08/2012.

I had a similar problem. Home office took a while (2 months) to get my records on their system, even though i had received my acknowledgement letter a week after my application. so even when i called home office, they were unable to confirm I had applied or even knew what office my application was in.
The steps I took was to;

1. Write directly to the Liverpool office and they called me to ask if I would like them to speak directly to my employer to which I said yes and they actually did.
2. I wrote to my MP, who in turn got in touch with the Home office.
3. May not apply to you, but the union (labour) also applied pressure on the employer not to suspend the employment contract, refering them to the immigration section which says you are allowed to work as long as your application is being considered..

So I had three channels with which I tackled my own situation.

I hope this helps.

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello scanner,

Please can you share more light on the out come of your situation after you wrote to the ukba address in Liverpool? am asking because am in the same both as tamedo but i work in a different industry(construction) how long did it take for the ukba to get in touch with you,after your letter and how did they contact your employer,was it by phone or emails or letter?
am asking this,because my employer needs a written confirmation from the home office which state i still have the right to work whilst my application is been considered.

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:26 pm

alooma2 wrote:Hello scanner,

Please can you share more light on the out come of your situation after you wrote to the ukba address in Liverpool? am asking because am in the same both as tamedo but i work in a different industry(construction) how long did it take for the ukba to get in touch with you,after your letter and how did they contact your employer,was it by phone or emails or letter?
am asking this,because my employer needs a written confirmation from the home office which state i still have the right to work whilst my application is been considered.
It took about two weeks for them to get in touch with me and my employer after I wrote the letter and they called my HR directly ( I provided them the number), after they first called me. I wrote a letter of expedition stating my critical situation of possibly losing my job if I do not get a confirmation from them to my employer ASAP.

Also as advised earlier, if your employer sends the Employers checking service (ECS) form, to the home office, they would issue your employer with certificate of right for you to work for one year, I believe. ( i did not need that option, since they called directly). you can download the form from the UKBA website. just type 'Employers checking service form' in Google and it will take you directly to the page to down load the form.

Baxx

Did you send your work permit with your application?

Post by Baxx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

To all the people who have applied with 5 yr work permit basis before October 2012,

Did you send your work permit with your postal app?

I was not told to include this by my legal adviser, but my friend who applied in person in October was.

My bio invite is taking too long and I began wondering that is because I didn't include this? To make it a bit more complicated, my permit contains a different name (my employer applied with my married name, which was never a legal name.)

Anyway, if anyone who applied pre Oct could advise that'd be great :)

Thanks!

oakgreendub
Newly Registered

Post by oakgreendub » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

lale wrote:
oakgreendub wrote:
dias5 wrote:
omg i can't believe it !! its been 9 months and still waiting ? what do you think they are waiting for ? i just want to say the service is REdIcilous!!!!!!

FINALLY my wife received her Passport back and her Biometric card today. 9 Months wait finally over! :D

The service has been ridiculous and perhaps it was made worse by the olympics. If you are under 6 months don't even think about it, just wait. As other people on here have said, if you have completed everything correctly and meet all the criteria then just sit tight and it will arrive eventually.

Thank god that wait is over my wife now has the option of going to Korea to deliver the baby which we had virtually given up on.

Good luck everyone.

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Leave to Remain Cancelled

Post by ILtoWait » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi All,

Today I received an unfortunate update to my Set(O) application, which I hope someone may be able to advise on. For a bit of background:

Original application submitted mid-June (received acknowledgement letter 3 days later)
On 3rd August, my documents were returned with a cover letter citing that payment couldn't be completed and the application was invalid (I've covered this saga in a previous post but suffice to say I have a copy of the original app showing all payment details were correct and my bank confirmed no attempt was made to take payment).
I returned everything the next day on a fresh application and received another acknowledgement letter a few days later (and payment was taken then too).

Since then we've had nothing and been desperately waiting for our Biometric enrolment invitation. But today my girlfriend (who is a dependant on my application) received a letter saying her ILR application was rejected on the 3rd of August and as a consequence her leave to remain in the UK is ended effective immediately. There is an office they urge her to call without delay.

Should we be concerned about this? It seems to me they have simply not made a connection between the old application being returned and a new application being submitted since the new one still does not seem to have made it to a case worker yet.

Of course this really highlights the appalling level of service at the UKBA once again - but for now this has added an immense amount of stress to a process which has already gone on far too long with no feedback.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience? Thanks in advance for any insights...

june2012app
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office - Right to work certificate

Post by june2012app » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 pm

sanjacs wrote:
june2012app wrote:
sanjacs wrote:I can see some June applicants have got theirs already...

My timeline:

Applied 15/6/12

Ack 21/6/12

Biometrics dated 31/07/12

Biometrics done 6/8/12

Approval.......waiting

I'm not planning to travel, and Home Office has done a 12months Right to Work Certificate to my employers, but I just want this wait to end!

Goodluck to everyone who like me are waiting...really love reading the good news bit when people get their approval.
Hi Sanjacs

Please can you tell me how you got that Home Office Right to work certificate for your employers.

Thank you.

Hi

I got my employer to call the employers checking service and gave them my case reference number (which you only get after doing biometrics). It took five working days, but they sent a certificate directly to the employer (they wont discuss anything with you directly)

Sorry I dont have the number, but its on UKBA website.
Hi Sanjacs

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Post by dkapan10 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Set M - Postal Application

Application submitted: 02/07/2012

Application Received: 03/07/2012

Money taken: 05/07/2012

Acknowledgement Letter: 10/07/2012. dated 06/07/2012.

Request for Biometrics - Received 01/09/12 dated 27/08/12

Biometrics done: 04/09/12

Letter of approval received: 06/11/2012 dated 01/11/2012

Now waiting for BRP.

Mine was not a straight forward application. I did not have all cohabitation documents for the most part of the required two years. I had about 8 months worth of BIlls and letters. Me and my partner had stayed apart during the qualifying two years.

I had originally booked a PEO in Glasgow but I was turned back. The caseworker recommended that i should send a postal application explaining why i didnt have the documents. I did so and asked my partners mum and my uncle to write us supporting letters which i included in the application.

Honestly, i have been stressing for the last four months because of this and everyday i visited this forum. I was fully convinced i wont get accepted and i already started exploring appeal processes and talking to lawyers before hand. Luckily i wont need them now. This forum provided me with useful insights about the timing of my applications and i correctly worked out when i will receive my biometric enrolment application as well as when i should expect a decision based on the average times of timelines posted here.

its a long wait and for those of you still waiting i feel your pain but hang in there and don't lose hope.

My advise is not to think too much into this, try to get on with life as much as possible. Dont try to expedite anything, just chill and your time will come. I think its worth the wait to get permanet residency here so hang in there. I know some are thinking 'its easy for you to say' it may be true but worrying wont help too.

Good luck to everyone.

Scanner

Re: Leave to Remain Cancelled

Post by Scanner » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm

ILtoWait wrote:Hi All,

Today I received an unfortunate update to my Set(O) application, which I hope someone may be able to advise on. For a bit of background:

Original application submitted mid-June (received acknowledgement letter 3 days later)
On 3rd August, my documents were returned with a cover letter citing that payment couldn't be completed and the application was invalid (I've covered this saga in a previous post but suffice to say I have a copy of the original app showing all payment details were correct and my bank confirmed no attempt was made to take payment).
I returned everything the next day on a fresh application and received another acknowledgement letter a few days later (and payment was taken then too).

Since then we've had nothing and been desperately waiting for our Biometric enrolment invitation. But today my girlfriend (who is a dependant on my application) received a letter saying her ILR application was rejected on the 3rd of August and as a consequence her leave to remain in the UK is ended effective immediately. There is an office they urge her to call without delay.

Should we be concerned about this? It seems to me they have simply not made a connection between the old application being returned and a new application being submitted since the new one still does not seem to have made it to a case worker yet.

Of course this really highlights the appalling level of service at the UKBA once again - but for now this has added an immense amount of stress to a process which has already gone on far too long with no feedback.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience? Thanks in advance for any insights...
A couple of questions. How do you know it has not made it to a case worker yet. secondly, have you called the home office to request for a biometric invitation letter? That way you could confirm if your application has actually been assigned to someone. It will help eliminate doubts about the date connection issue.

with regards to your girlfriend, did they not say why she was denied the ILR? it could be that the evidence you submitted was not satisfactory enough. you might also consider using an immigration lawyer. Doing nothing may be a risky decision to take.

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Re: Leave to Remain Cancelled

Post by ILtoWait » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Scanner wrote:
ILtoWait wrote:Hi All,

A couple of questions. How do you know it has not made it to a case worker yet. secondly, have you called the home office to request for a biometric invitation letter? That way you could confirm if your application has actually been assigned to someone. It will help eliminate doubts about the date connection issue.

with regards to your girlfriend, did they not say why she was denied the ILR? it could be that the evidence you submitted was not satisfactory enough. you might also consider using an immigration lawyer. Doing nothing may be a risky decision to take.
Thanks Scanner - it has been 12 weeks since I resubmitted, so I have been calling them the past few weeks to chase up the Biometric invitation, which is how I know it hasn't yet been assigned.

For my girlfriend they simply said her application was rejected - but we know this was because they couldn't complete the payment (as this was covered in the letter when they returned the documents). So its nothing to do with the evidence as we know that our application still has not been considered by a caseworker...

I've also had a PM advising getting advice from an immigration lawyer and it seems that might be the prudent action at this point.

Justiceseeker

Re: Did you send your work permit with your application?

Post by Justiceseeker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

Baxx wrote:To all the people who have applied with 5 yr work permit basis before October 2012,

I was not told to include this by my legal adviser, but my friend who applied in person in October was.

My bio invite is taking too long and I began wondering that is because I didn't include this? To make it a bit more complicated, my permit contains a different name (my employer applied with my married name, which was never a legal name.)

Thanks!
Hi Baxx,

Yes, I included my old work permit and a certificate of sponsorship.

NewtownDesi

Post by NewtownDesi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am

Justiceseeker wrote:
Baxx wrote:To all the people who have applied with 5 yr work permit basis before October 2012,

Thanks!
Hi Baxx,

I also applied on a 5 year work permit SET(O) like you. I have submitted the letter that I got from HO 5 years back allowing me to work for 60 months in UK, my old passport with the 5years work permit residance permit stamp and a photo copy of both.

I have done biometric enrolement on the 25th of october.

I suggest you call HO again tell them that you still haven't recieved your biometric enrolement letter. If they tell you not to contact them for 6 months just call them again next day. Once in a while you will get a sensible person on the phone who will tell you what actually is going on.

Best of luck!

lale
Newly Registered

Post by lale » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 am

Last edited by lale on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

lale
Newly Registered

Post by lale » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 am

oakgreendub wrote:
lale wrote:
oakgreendub wrote:
dias5 wrote:

FINALLY my wife received her Passport back and her Biometric card today. 9 Months wait finally over! :D

The service has been ridiculous and perhaps it was made worse by the olympics. If you are under 6 months don't even think about it, just wait. As other people on here have said, if you have completed everything correctly and meet all the criteria then just sit tight and it will arrive eventually.

Thank god that wait is over my wife now has the option of going to Korea to deliver the baby which we had virtually given up on.

Good luck everyone.

congratulations its really nice hear good news like yours :-) im still waiting and 7 months is over and no news !!!!! its getting so annoying i was going to travel to my country but its not posssible now !! did you get the paasport nad the permit card together by normal post ?

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

NewtownDesi wrote:
Justiceseeker wrote:

Thanks!
Hi Baxx,

I also applied on a 5 year work permit SET(O) like you. I have submitted the letter that I got from HO 5 years back allowing me to work for 60 months in UK, my old passport with the 5years work permit residance permit stamp and a photo copy of both.

I have done biometric enrolement on the 25th of october.

I suggest you call HO again tell them that you still haven't recieved your biometric enrolement letter. If they tell you not to contact them for 6 months just call them again next day. Once in a while you will get a sensible person on the phone who will tell you what actually is going on.

Best of luck!
I have just called them and the responce was: Your application is not in the system.

What can I say........bloody bureaucrats!

Did you apply yourself or via an agent?