ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married Name on naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geek1981

Married Name on naturalization application

Post by geek1981 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 am

Hi

Me and the wife are applying for naturalization (based on Tier1 5 yrs + ILR 1 yr) next week and got the NCS appointment. My wife got ILR and current passport with her maiden name and would like to use this opportunity to change it to married name. Just wanted to confirm what i need to do for this to happen on the AN form:

1. On the wife's application put married name on 1.5 "Surname/Family name" and put maiden name on 1.7 "Name at Birth if different from above"
2. On page 13 "further information not covered in other section" - she mentions she would like to use married name instead of maiden name with proof of marriage certificate
3. Attach copy of marriage certificate which has her firstname+maidenname

Anything else? I think it's worth making this sticky as many people should be doing this.

cheers guys!

HappyToHelp247
Newly Registered

Re: Married Name on naturalization application

Post by HappyToHelp247 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:59 pm

geek1981 wrote:Hi

Me and the wife are applying for naturalization (based on Tier1 5 yrs + ILR 1 yr) next week and got the NCS appointment. My wife got ILR and current passport with her maiden name and would like to use this opportunity to change it to married name. Just wanted to confirm what i need to do for this to happen on the AN form:

1. On the wife's application put married name on 1.5 "Surname/Family name" and put maiden name on 1.7 "Name at Birth if different from above"
2. On page 13 "further information not covered in other section" - she mentions she would like to use married name instead of maiden name with proof of marriage certificate
3. Attach copy of marriage certificate which has her firstname+maidenname

Anything else? I think it's worth making this sticky as many people should be doing this.

cheers guys!
Hi

That's okay to me. Please make sure to take your marriage certificate in english.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 am

Yes, that worked for me too when i applied 2 weeks ago and NCS was happy.

Best of luck.

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 pm

So there is no need for deed poll for Maiden name to Married name change?

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 am

not that i am aware of.

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Geek1981,

I am in a similar situation as you were few days ago

can you give me an example what did you fill in in the naturalization application for for the questions

1.5 and 1.6 and 1.7 for your wife

correct me if i am wrong

at the moment my wife name on the indian passport is

first name maiden surname

so for

1.5 married surname

1.6 first name

1.7 maiden surename

please reply asap as i am attending NCS in 3 days time

cheers

dba_kkk

micha88
Newly Registered

Post by micha88 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi, dba-kkk , I am about to send the ANform and will do the same as you and hope all goes well .I intend to send a copy of my marriage cert. which gives my wifes maiden name .
Regards as to a great site

EMC2

Post by EMC2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 am

Hi,

Can senior member please comment on this? I have the same question for my wife naturalisation application.

Many Thanks