ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: To Jambo

Post by Plum70 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

jotter wrote:Are you sure about whether it's necessarily the same caseworker that does the initial check/COA and that does the final processing?
No surety just presumption. It may or may not be and I concur that issuance of a CoA only confirms that appropriate supporting evidence has been checked and accepted. This initial check might be done by frontline admin staff before details are entered into a system that generates a case ID, then slots the application into a queue to await allocation to a caseworker.

I feel that the question most non-EEA family members who have applied and are waiting ponder is: Why does it take so long - up to and beyond 6 months for some? Especially when EEA nationals' residence docs can and have been finalised and issued in under 2 weeks, one wonders if there is by default a 'laissez-faire' attitude towards non-EEA applications or if uber-rigorous checks are done that require months to complete.

Are there any insiders here who can give a sneak peak into the den of UKBA case working? Knowing might slightly ease the anxiety of the wait.

Aladin0987

Complaint procedure

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi gyz any one knows how long dose it take to get reply when making a complaint to ukba customer service? as I made a complaint on 10October12.
I did complaint to:UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk by E-mail
dose anyone know a better way to make a complaint?and any working fax numbers?

Applied for EEA4 February12
My wife already got Permanent resident
No COA yet :roll:

sarwar74

Post by sarwar74 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Aladin mate i told you go see you mp im sure he can do some thing for you .

Aladin0987

Thanks Sarwar

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks Sarwar I am surprised by the fact that even a complaint department ignores my inquiry, I know there is something fishy going on, but I am in the possession to wonder what the Bully Regime is up 2 nd why! that is why I may save the MP option for few weeks.

anyway I just began to suspect that the UKBA is watching and even commenting in this website, I hope I am wrong.

spike_UK

Re: Complaint procedure

Post by spike_UK » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Hi gyz any one knows how long dose it take to get reply when making a complaint to ukba customer service? as I made a complaint on 10October12.
I did complaint to:UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk by E-mail
dose anyone know a better way to make a complaint?and any working fax numbers?

Applied for EEA4 February12
My wife already got Permanent resident
No COA yet :roll:
Ones I had a complaint about passport return, I got passport back anyway but after 3 weeks I had a letter reply to my complaint.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Aladin0987

Hi spike and all

Post by Aladin0987 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Spike three weeks do u mean 15 working days or 21 working days or 21 calender days?
And how did u do it? I mean by post or by sending email to: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

sorry for being a bit too curious :lol:
Thanks

Aladin0987

I have been bullied by Homo ffice since I was 16

Post by Aladin0987 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:37 pm

One thing that I want to mention and ask u guys about is the EEA phone-line service, I mean do I really need to trust and believe what they say and telling me? they said we requested COA for u on 01august12 but we can't do it again! what on earth dose that suppose to mean? they can not request for COA twice!
I mean if they are as powerless as I am so what is their role and character?
do I need to believe the fact that they can not contact the case workers?

My confusion comes from the fact that they are extremely polite towards me and I fell guilty and embarrassed each time I call.

So all I need u to tell me or vanish that fog of in front of my view that I can barely see reality through it is that; are they treating me like a clown? or is it scenario? or is it a psychological manipulation? or I just deserve that great respect? :lol:

walidukdz

Post by walidukdz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:01 am

Finally got my PR total waiting time 4 month a a week . I did not cal home office at all and did not use a lawyer. all my questions were answered in this forum hence i am thankful to all good people on this forum who are always wiling to share their knowledge and to help . and good luck for those who are still waiting. :D
EEA3 & EEA4 sent 26 June 2012
Received by HO 27 June 2012
COA for EEA4 application received 19 July 2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA3 received 26 July2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA4 received 1st november 2012 (dated 29 October 2012

spike_UK

Re: Hi spike and all

Post by spike_UK » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:30 am

Aladin0987 wrote:Spike three weeks do u mean 15 working days or 21 working days or 21 calender days?
And how did u do it? I mean by post or by sending email to: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

sorry for being a bit too curious :lol:
Thanks
Hi mate, yes it was 3 weeks(15 working days) and I even had the passport back before the respond from them, I used the same email address as you have provided above.
I'm sorry to say this but really is strange what is happening with your case!!!! it should be dealt with, with in time frame(6 months only).
Your case is not even like mine, the informations you have given, you are already married 5 yrs(regardless when you applied for PR, or when you had your RC)
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

I will be sending my wife's EEA4 tomorrow if she finds her photos today ;)

It's shocking to see 6 month waiting time for something that is just a proof of people's PR. My wife's application seems straightforward
- me EU citizen living in the UK since 2004, with PR since 2010, BC in December 2012
- my wife non-EU citizen, living in the UK since 2005

Never unemployed, never on benefits, no criminal convictions, no points on driving licences.

Mnc

Post by Mnc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm

jotter wrote:Thanks nata2406, but I think Jambo has shown who the guru is here and who isn't. Perhaps I'll get there one day.

As a further idea you might like to start a new thread asking specifically for experiences of people who've requested their passports back in order to speed things up and what the outcome was. There are a few threads around where this has been tried but it's not necessarily easy to pull them together in a search. Also the thread often ends without finding out whether the applicant was successful.
Guys, I had requested my passport back but that does not make any change to the speed of the application.

Application was made on 08.05.2012 passport returned on 01.06.2012 (I think), still waiting for PR its almost 6 months now.

I don't think by requesting the passport back anything changes - I had requested it due to possibility of travel.

I hope this helps.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 pm

jotter wrote:Thanks nata2406, but I think Jambo has shown who the guru is here and who isn't. Perhaps I'll get there one day.

As a further idea you might like to start a new thread asking specifically for experiences of people who've requested their passports back in order to speed things up and what the outcome was. There are a few threads around where this has been tried but it's not necessarily easy to pull them together in a search. Also the thread often ends without finding out whether the applicant was successful.

Hi Jotter,
I thought I would also give you my experience linked to requesting my passport. I sent my application in July 5th 2012, UKBA received it on the 6th of July. I requested my passport in the middle of August as I was leaving on Holiday early September, passport was sent to me the very next day!! ( through the next day delivery envelope I had with the application to return my documents). They sent me a letter with the passports stating that if I wanted to travel while my application is being processed, I will have to apply for a new EEA family permit from the UK embassy in the country I am travelling to (Austria in this case). I did not really worry about it too much even though I knew that my PR will expire before I even leave on holidays. This is mainly because I do not need a visa to come back to the UK (Canadian citizen), and I was travelling with my wife and kids who are all EU citizens. When I came back to the country. They did not even look at my PR ( which was expired at this point), travelling with my EU citizen spouse was what matters and all went very smooth. I did not get my COA until late September I got then my PR in early October. In summary, I do not believe that requesting passport really speed up the processing of your application.

I mentioned the part of travelling while application being processed, even thought it may not be relevant here just for information for any one who could be in the same situation now.

Best of luck to you all
UKnow

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 pm

The internal caseworker guidelines state that if a passport is requested after 3 months, then a priority treatment should be given to the application.

I've no idea if this guideline is actually followed in practice.

kozyavka
Newly Registered

Post by kozyavka » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Though someone might be interested of my friend (of the same nationality) situation.

She married her French husband in summer 2006 (few months before me). 2 years later her husband decided to go back to France, a year later they divorced.
In August 2012 she applied for something called "Right to remain" ( I assume it's the same EEA4 application) and last week she's got her PR.
All in all it took under 3 months.
I'm very happy for her, but I just can't understand why in her case (which is not a straight forward one) it took just over 2 months, and for someone like me, who is married for almost 6 years now, we have 1 kid and second on its way, joined mortgage and it's now 5 months and no sign of my PR?
One difference I know is that she applied using her firm's lawer. Don't think it should make any difference, but it's obviously made this time.

kozyavka
Newly Registered

I've got it!

Post by kozyavka » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi all,

I just picked up my Special Delivery form the post office and I received (my dearest) PR :) dated back to the 25th of October.

In a month time I will applying for a BC.

Good luck to all who is still waiting!

Mnc

Re: I've got it!

Post by Mnc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm

kozyavka wrote:Hi all,

I just picked up my Special Delivery form the post office and I received (my dearest) PR :) dated back to the 25th of October.

In a month time I will applying for a BC.

Good luck to all who is still waiting!
Congratulations Man!

I Applied on 8th of May, and still no sign, tomorrow it will be 6 months & a day. I am almost getting concerned now.

I called them on Monday and they said they cannot provide any details before 6 months even if its a day.

I will be calling them tomorrow, I thought they were obliged to reply/decide within 6 months.

Aladin0987

Hi Mnc

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Mnc have u received ur COA letter yet?

Mnc

Re: Hi Mnc

Post by Mnc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Mnc have u received ur COA letter yet?
Yes, I did, on the 1st of June 2012.

Mnc

Re: Complaint Procedure

Post by Mnc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Waited for complete 6 months, 8th May to 8th November 2012.

Called them just to be told that my application is still in process and they don't have anymore information on that. They cannot tell me when it will be processed or if I should do anything to speed things up.

How and where do I complain?

Aladin0987

Hi all

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi all dose any one know how to request the passports or documents back?
Thanks

spike_UK

Re: Hi all

Post by spike_UK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Hi all dose any one know how to request the passports or documents back?
Thanks
Hi, this is where you should email to, LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
PR dated 05/03/2013

Aladin0987

Hi spki

Post by Aladin0987 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Spike I send E-mail and stuff to that address on daily basis :oops: but never got reply, so now days I do it for fun :lol:

I was born great and I can fell it, mostly when I get bullied by the worlds most organised barbaric regime!

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Still waiting on EEA4 at the moment.

For anyone reading this who has not yet submitted their EEA4 application, two mistakes that I made that might not make a difference to my outcome but have cost me peace of mind.

Biggest: Not submitting an EEA3 for my wife at the same time. If I had done this, the EEA3 would almost certainly have been processed by now and if it was successful, I would know that my EEA4 would also be guaranteed to succeed and just a matter of waiting. Instead, I still don't know whether I might be refused. Obviously not everyone is in a position to submit jointly, but if you can, do it.
Other mistake: Not providing a special-delivery return envelope. Obviously it will take longer in the post, but additionally there seems to be evidence in the forum that the UKBA may be prioritising the return shipping of applications where a prepaid return envelope has been provided. Worth avoiding.

EEA4 application sent: July 4th
UKBA received: July 5th
COA received: September 28th (dated Sept 24)
PR: ??

UKnow

Re: Hi all

Post by UKnow » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Hi all dose any one know how to request the passports or documents back?
Thanks
Hi Aladin0987,
I would not send it to the e-mail they have on their website, I tried that when I requested my passport and it was absolutely useless as I did not get anything. I called them and asked for it to be sent as a priority. They sent it the very next day using my next day envelope I sent with the application.
UKnow

Fab123
Newly Registered

Eea4

Post by Fab123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 am

jotter wrote:Still waiting on EEA4 at the moment.

I do not feel you made a mistake as the home office can decide your case without your wife's application , also the document will be sent back to you by home office some patience required.

For anyone reading this who has not yet submitted their EEA4 application, two mistakes that I made that might not make a difference to my outcome but have cost me peace of mind.

Biggest: Not submitting an EEA3 for my wife at the same time. If I had done this, the EEA3 would almost certainly have been processed by now and if it was successful, I would know that my EEA4 would also be guaranteed to succeed and just a matter of waiting. Instead, I still don't know whether I might be refused. Obviously not everyone is in a position to submit jointly, but if you can, do it.
Other mistake: Not providing a special-delivery return envelope. Obviously it will take longer in the post, but additionally there seems to be evidence in the forum that the UKBA may be prioritising the return shipping of applications where a prepaid return envelope has been provided. Worth avoiding.

EEA4 application sent: July 4th
UKBA received: July 5th
COA received: September 28th (dated Sept 24)
PR: ??