ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - please help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tina79

Schengen visa - please help

Post by tina79 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi all,

i know i have asked you this before but i just can not believe that my embassy sent me an email to say, that because i moved to Turkey with my husband he is not titel to have the schengen visa on the base of previous requitments while i lived in UK.

They asking him to provide the following document:
- marrige certificate
- 2 x photos
- my ID
- flight ticket

well with this we do not have problem but they are asking the followings as well:

- invitation letter
- confirmation of the health insurance
- financial statement
- work contract.

I told them i lived in UK and recently moved over here, but they just does not care. I even sent them all the docs to prove it.

Any idea please? The christmas is just down the corner and we really need to get his schengen visa.

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Did you try the Austrian consulate?

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:37 pm

i will eamil them but i dont wanna tell them that i live here with my husband.

if i tell them im in slovakia they will ask why i do not apply in the slovak embassy?

but he first have to fly to vienna anyway....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:58 pm

I didn't understand why you don't want to tell the Austrian consulate you live in Turkey. Why would it be a problem?

As you fly into Vienna, there is nothing wrong in applying for a visa from the Austrian authorities as long as it seems you will spend equal time in the countries you visit (they can't really check).

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

well, because this is the problem with my slovak embassy. they are saying as i live here my husband has no rights as EU family member.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:27 pm

That's because you are Slovak applying to the Slovakian consulate. It would be the same if you were Austrian applying to the Austrian consulate. When it comes to their own citizens, different rules apply.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 pm

i understand this...but dont understand why it was different a year ago? just because i lived in UK?

so if i tell the Austrian embassy that i live in Turkey, my husband wont need to provide proof of health insurance, work, financial statement and invitation letter?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Member state can impose different rules on their own citizens unless they are living (and exercising treaty rights) in a different EEA state. It's a bit more complicated than that but I believe that is the main reason there is a difference from last year.

In any case, the Austrians can't impose different rules on you. So as long as you tell them you plan to travel to several states and you apply to them as they are the first entry, you will be fine. Only the minimum documents would be needed.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:16 pm

ok i we will try.

But i have to put on the form that we he is visiting my family in Slovakia.

I cant remember if last year the SVK embassy asked a proof that i work and live in UK or they gave him the visa based on the information he told them about me.

moroni

Post by moroni » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Why don't you just apply for Austrian Schengen visa?
Since you will be flying to Vienna, you can put anything as "Christmas holidays" or whatever as purpose of travel, no?

tina79

Post by tina79 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

it's for my husband...not for me....

i will email them will see what they say...

moroni

Post by moroni » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:16 am

tina79 wrote:it's for my husband...not for me....

i will email them will see what they say...

I know…

moroni wrote:Why don't you just apply for Austrian Schengen visa (for your husband)?
Since you (both) will be flying to Vienna, you can put anything as "Christmas holidays" or whatever as purpose of travel (in your husband application), no?

tina79

Post by tina79 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:03 pm

know what?

tina79

Post by tina79 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

hi all, just to let you know, that the Austrian embassy said the followings:

Concerning to the main destination which seems to be Slovakia, your husband has to apply at the Slovakia Embassy in Turkey.

Best regards
Austrian Embassy Ankara

so we will have to go to the slovak and that will be a nightmare.

Just dont understand that last year when i told them i work in UK they did not ask any proof and without any hesitation gave the visa to my husband....now they are questioning everything....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

tina79 wrote:hi all, just to let you know, that the Austrian embassy said the followings:

Concerning to the main destination which seems to be Slovakia, your husband has to apply at the Slovakia Embassy in Turkey.

Best regards
Austrian Embassy Ankara

so we will have to go to the slovak and that will be a nightmare.

Just dont understand that last year when i told them i work in UK they did not ask any proof and without any hesitation gave the visa to my husband....now they are questioning everything....
Of course they will say that if you tell them the main destination is Slovakia. Those are the rules. What did you expect? As you been advised at least twice, if you have told them you plan to spend the holiday in several states and also visit Slovakia, their answer would have been different.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

i told them this, dont worry!

i told them that we have friends in Vienna and want to go to Hungary, Chech and Belgium...and this was their answer.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

maybe i can try the chech embassy as my brother lives there.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

tina79 wrote:i told them this, dont worry!

i told them that we have friends in Vienna and want to go to Hungary, Chech and Belgium...and this was their answer.
so why did they state in their response that the main destination is Slovakia?

Christmas is getting closer, I would apply to the Austrian consulate. Tell them you plan to spend 10 days in Austria skiing and then visit your family for the weekend. Get the visa. If later, your plans change, well, that's another story but you would already have the visa....