ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 REFUSAL BECAUSE OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

btkakisim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

EEA 2 REFUSAL BECAUSE OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE

Post by btkakisim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I have question about one of my friends EEA2 refusal. Also I made an application so I'm curious about process.

My Friend is in UK according to her family permit. Before her family permit has expired she aplied to EEA residence card. Her husband is from Greece and he is a student.

In EEA2 form home office asking for evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance.

They only send her husband's Eurapen Health Insurance Card. But they also send a letter which includes their intention to stay in UK permanent.

EEA2 application send at the very beginning of July. HO send confirmation letter at september.

Then yesterday they send the refusal and their reason was just as i wrote here

"An EHIC card issued in the UK only covers medical expenses for short periods spent outside of the UK and it is paid for the NHS in the UK. It does not cover medical expenses is in the UK.

You have failed to provide evidence that your EEA national sponsor has comprehensive sickness insurance cover in UK. You have therefore failed to show that SHE is a qualified person"

Although they allowed EHIC unless if there is a cover letter, they refused my friends application for this reason. Also as i wrote, they mention my friend's husband as a SHE. I really confused at that point.

So what should we do right now?

Do we need a lawyer for the appeal process in the FIRST TIER TRIBUNAL(IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM CHAMBER)? They send a letter for the process and referred that chamber. How much will it cost to us appoximately. And the last and the most important question is;

Is all the paperwork should be reorganized for the appeal process? I'm asking this because her husband's student status is now pending. He is a doctor and waiting for postdoctoral scholarship.

By the way my friends family permit expried already.

Thank you for your suggestions and answers.

aledeniz

Re: EEA 2 REFUSAL BECAUSE OF COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANC

Post by aledeniz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:54 pm

btkakisim wrote:Do we need a lawyer for the appeal process in the FIRST TIER TRIBUNAL(IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM CHAMBER)? They send a letter for the process and referred that chamber. How much will it cost to us appoximately.
Food for thought: I was wondering if a solicitor is going to cost less than a CSI .. and also, what advantage could have in such a scenario a solicitor over the CSI ...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm

If using EHIC as CSI, it needs to be a non UK one (i.e. Greek). The UK issued one is for travel outside the UK. In addition, in order for the HO to accept a non UK EHIC, they need to declare their intentions to be temporary in the UK.

See Q6 in EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Residence Card.

There isn't much point in an appeal. They should just reapply either with a non UK EHIC or private health insurance. It doesn't matter that the Family Permit expired as under EEA regulations it is not required to hold residence documents at all.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 pm

This CSI is very tricky/funny/unnecessary/illogical/confusing/irritating etc. and should be abolished.
ANY NEWS ABOUT ITS END.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Aquarius7
Newly Registered

Post by Aquarius7 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 am

btkakisim

I am in the same situation than your friend... Please can you share what they do?

Thank you !!!

nanny

Post by nanny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm

[quote="Aquarius7"]btkakisim

I am in the same situation than your friend... Please can you share what they do?

Thank you !!![/quote]

you need to state what happen with you and the reason they say for turning your application down else we wont be able to advice you.
Nanny here

Aquarius7
Newly Registered

Post by Aquarius7 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Nanny,

We send all the documents that they request for a EEA national that is a student, and for the CSI we send a EHIC card and the stament of intent (temporaly basis), and the reason for the refusal letter, is "the EHIC have been issued in the UK they are not acceptable as evidence of a comprehensive medical insurance as they have not issued by another Member State. You have therefore failed to provide sufficient evidence to confirm that you sponsor is in receipt of private comprehensive medical insurance in uk".

And they send a appeal form, and in different parts of the letters they said thing like "If you consider that you have a right to reside in the Uk as a matter of European Law,.....we can submit another application"...

So, if we buy a CSI and submit the same application, we can get RC?, o they will refuse as again because we dont have the CSI of the begining of my wife studies?

Thanks!

nanny

Post by nanny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 pm

[quote="Aquarius7"]Nanny,

We send all the documents that they request for a EEA national that is a student, and for the CSI we send a EHIC card and the stament of intent (temporaly basis), and the reason for the refusal letter, is "the EHIC have been issued in the UK they are not acceptable as evidence of a comprehensive medical insurance as they have not issued by another Member State. You have therefore failed to provide sufficient evidence to confirm that you sponsor is in receipt of private comprehensive medical insurance in uk".

And they send a appeal form, and in different parts of the letters they said thing like "If you consider that you have a right to reside in the Uk as a matter of European Law,.....we can submit another application"...

So, if we buy a CSI and submit the same application, we can get RC?, o they will refuse as again because we dont have the CSI of the begining of my wife studies?

Thanks![/quote]

If all your documents are correct all you have to do is phone aviva or bupa and get a private CSI they dont accept temporary ones which last for a few months they want CSI for continous peroid remember the resident card will last for 5 years so they expect you to be completely covered for the continous 5 years so take CSI 1 year at a time which is renewable every year and resubmitte your application with every thing you send before with the new CSI... Please note the CSI is very expensive i pay 200 pounds per month with aviva and you have to phone them to get the right one which is acceptable by home office just tell them what you need it for and they will be more than happy to tell you the one which is acceptable by home office.. Any way good luck and best wishes i hope this information help you and any one who needs it.
Nanny here

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:30 am

Please note the CSI is very expensive i pay 200 pounds per month with aviva
I believe there are cheaper policies (less than £50 per month) which have been accepted in the past by the HO.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Aquarius7 wrote:

Thanks!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129792
REGARDS

nanny

Post by nanny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 pm

[quote="sheraz7"][quote="Aquarius7"]

Thanks![/quote]

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129792[/quote]

Just get the CSI and re-apply, make a new application it cost you nothing good luck..
Nanny here

nanny

Post by nanny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

[quote="Jambo"][quote]Please note the CSI is very expensive i pay 200 pounds per month with aviva [/quote]
I believe there are cheaper policies (less than £50 per month) which have been accepted in the past by the HO.[/quote]

They told me because of my husband age he is 50 years old they said thats why my health insurance is so expensive my husband is 120 and mine is 80.00
Nanny here

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 pm

CSI depends on age and health conditions.
Best regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:26 pm

A private medical policy (excluding cash benefits/NHS topup) must cover in majority of circumstances.
REGARDS

mocha
Newly Registered

Post by mocha » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 pm

hi

my wife is a student from an eea country and when we applied eea 2 in Jan 2013 we only bought comprehensive sickness insurance for her. now to think about it, i am wondering if i need to get one for myself as well? any ideas on this? do i have to get one?