ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General ( College Inquiry)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CRVTU
Newly Registered

Tier 4 General ( College Inquiry)

Post by CRVTU » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:32 am

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start MBA from either City of London College or London school of commerce, since both are relatively cheaper than any other University. Could anyone advice me, will i be getting Part time work permit (20hours/week during college days) or not. I am concerned about this since i have heard some cases of students who got student visa but would not be able to work as there is nothing written on Visa about work authorisation.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

bobobo

Re: Tier 4 General ( College Inquiry)

Post by bobobo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 am

first of all its not a WP, your visa conditions will allow you to work for 20hrs/week during term time and FT when the term finishes. Also this is allowed for students who come for a degree course and not for courses that have a duration of 6 months. If this is an MBA course and the institution is a highly trusted sponsor then you should be good
CRVTU wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start MBA from either City of London College or London school of commerce, since both are relatively cheaper than any other University. Could anyone advice me, will i be getting Part time work permit (20hours/week during college days) or not. I am concerned about this since i have heard some cases of students who got student visa but would not be able to work as there is nothing written on Visa about work authorisation.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Just a slight correction to the advice above...........the place of study needs to be a HEI (ie a university along with highly trusted status) for you to be able to work 20 hrs/week and also the duration needs to be more than 12 months.