ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance funding for tier 4 sutdent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

l2mz
Newly Registered

maintenance funding for tier 4 sutdent visa

Post by l2mz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi,everyone, I am on PSW visa. I will start my masters from Jan 2013.

I noticed that there is new requirement for maintenance funding, but the money I have only enough to pay the tuition fee.

I wonder if I can arrange my bank statement first, then pay tuition fee as soon as possible, the uni will give me a letter to prove I have paid, then I could use that bank statement and university letter to support my financial status.

I know it is a little bit dodgy. anyone tried it before??

thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: maintenance funding for tier 4 sutdent visa

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 pm

l2mz wrote:Hi,everyone, I am on PSW visa. I will start my masters from Jan 2013.

I noticed that there is new requirement for maintenance funding, but the money I have only enough to pay the tuition fee.

I wonder if I can arrange my bank statement first, then pay tuition fee as soon as possible, the uni will give me a letter to prove I have paid, then I could use that bank statement and university letter to support my financial status.

thanks
The bank statement you use must be issued in the last 31 days of your application showing the required funds based on where you plan to study. You could do what you said above but bear in mind hat in case of refusal you will have to maintain funds again for 28 days.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

READ vaf9. It has been mentioned that the funds must be avilable to you continuously throughout the period of your process/leave. As per law u can not reduce the amout from required level.

bobobo

Re: maintenance funding for tier 4 sutdent visa

Post by bobobo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 am

How do you intend to support yourself once you are here then? beware if you are pinning your hopes on coming and getting a job here and study at the same time it might not pan out (finding a job is never easy) and this could put you in trouble.
l2mz wrote:Hi,everyone, I am on PSW visa. I will start my masters from Jan 2013.

thanks

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm

In theory this would work if your uni is able to give u a helping hand. But there is always a downside as someone already pointed out in case your application is refused/invalid for whatever reason you may not get a second chance to apply therefore weigh down your risk before going for this route.

In very rare circumstances a caseworker can contact your bank as you explicitly given them the permission to do so in your application form (Section P-Declaration) in which case you would be accused of deception and banned for 10 years.