ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved - PEO Solihull, 223 days absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renzokuken

ILR Approved - PEO Solihull, 223 days absences

Post by renzokuken » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 am

Alhamdulillah - ILR (WP+Tier-1) was approved yesterday at PEO Solihull.

Documents requested by CW:
1.12 payslips
2.12 bank statements
3. Life in UK test
4. Passports
5. Original WP approval letter

I had prepared loads of supporting documents as I have more than 180 days absences. My absence is 223 days with 219 days personal and 4 days business. But the CW only glanced for 10 seconds on my absences sheet and didn't ask any question or document about that.

The CW only read my application form for about 5 minutes, and type my details in the computer, and smile, and said "You only made one mistake in your LIUK test, that's very good", then check my payslips with bank statements. went back for a couple minutes to the back office. And informed me that I've been granted ILR, and I can go the the cashier to pay and after that I can wait for Biometrics. After paying, I waited 15 minutes for Biometric, and then 5 minutes to get payment confirmation, and they said I can go out and come back in 2 hours to collect my ILR letter.

All in all very smooth experience, and thanks for everyone who has shared their experience. This forum is probably the best "solicitor" for immigration matters :)

Regards,

Renzo

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Congratulations on getting your ILR, could you suggest what payment method you have used to pay for fee?

Regards,
Tipu

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Credit card
tipu20 wrote:Congratulations on getting your ILR, could you suggest what payment method you have used to pay for fee?

Regards,
Tipu

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi, renzokuken. What kind of backup did you prepare for your absences?

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:56 pm

somemightsay wrote:Hi, renzokuken. What kind of backup did you prepare for your absences?
- Employer letter confirming employment start date, salary, position and that all my personal leave was taken as per company policy. This letter also mentioned bereavement leave taken when my father passed away.
- Manager's letter confirming my business trips.
- Tier-1 Approval letter

Most of my personal travel was to my home country to help look after my father who was terminally ill and arrange/attend his funeral after he passed away in 2010, so I prepared:

- Death Certificate
- Doctor's letter about my father illness
- all my salary slips and P60s from Dec 2007 to prove continuous employment and that all leave were paid.
- Birth Certificate : to show the connection to my father.

SONAKSHI

Letters

Post by SONAKSHI » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:04 am

Hi renzokuken
Congratulations. Would you be able to send me a sanitised version of the employment letter. I have also taken some compasionate leave.

Kind Regards
Less is More

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Congrat.

The interesting point is that they ask you for payment after make a decision and even before giving Biometrics. In Croydon, you should first pay and then biometrics and then they look at your case. I think Birmingham is a better PEO in this regard.