ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI after EEA2 and before EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adel123
Newly Registered

CSI after EEA2 and before EEA4

Post by Adel123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Dear all,

I have just received my RC last month, valid till oct 2017

For the EEA2 application we took CSI for both of us, I am just wondering, do we need to continue using CSI? My wife (Belgian) today is a full time student + part time employee, and I am full time student.

I am not very familiar with how NHS works (we are residing in Scotland, and I think there are differences in how NHS works here, as well)

My concern is, after 5 years when I will apply for EEA4 (given that rulese don't change dramatically) would we be required to show CSI for the whole period?

And another question, does my wife need to apply for EEA1, ist useful for my eea4 later? Or for her?

Thanks a lot :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 pm

A. For students, CSI is only required for the ESA national.
B. If the EEA national work (even part-time count as long it is a job (10 hours a week seems to be accepted), then CSI is not required.
C. If CSI is required, then it is required in order for the time to be considered for a PR application in future.

Adel123
Newly Registered

Post by Adel123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks a lot Jumbo, your response is very helpful (as usual) but could you please elaborate on point C I fail to understand it :(

what i understood from your response (correct me if I am wrong) is that only EEA national needs CSI when they are student and non EEA family member doesnt need it anyways!

if EEA national working 10+ hours, no need for CSI .... if less than 10 hours + student ... better get CSI

could you please also advise on EEA1 for my wife, does she need to have one? better for my EEA4 application later? I cant think of any benefits of EEA1 espacially that should would be a full time student from 2012-2016 (at least)

Thanks a lot :)

Jambo wrote:A. For students, CSI is only required for the ESA national.
B. If the EEA national work (even part-time count as long it is a job (10 hours a week seems to be accepted), then CSI is not required.
C. If CSI is required, then it is required in order for the time to be considered for a PR application in future.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Adel123,
EEA citizens do not need to apply for EEA1. It is an optional document. It does not in any way affect your PR in the future.
The CSI is exactly what Jumbo mentioned. It is only needed for EEA citizens, and if they are Self-Sufficient or students. However, if your wife start working as an employee or become self employed, she will not need it until she goes back to being student or self sufficient

Hope this helps
UKnow