ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desigirl
Newly Registered

Re: biometrics requirement

Post by Desigirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

emc123 wrote:Hi

I've been reading the posts in this community and I was wondering if anyone knew whether biometric details will be collected again if the last visa was on a BRP ?

I applied for 10 year long residence and my dates are as below
can someone please update to skydrive:
submitted: 01/09/2012
acknowledgement sent: 04/09/2012
payment taken: 06/09/2012
Biomentrics - not sure if it needs to be re-subbmitted / not received
BRP (ILR), passport - waiting.

Thanks
Madhu
Hi Madhu,

Yes, you will have to submit your biometrics again. You have to submit your biometrics every time you make an application.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 am

dd202 wrote:Hey Guys, this year in September I completed 10 year of residence & qualify for ILR. But there was a slight problem, my existing leave on Tier 2 fell 3 weeks short of 10 years minus 28 days. So I had to consult a solicitor who advised me to apply with FLR(O) before my Tier 2 leave expired to make up those 3 weeks with Section 3C leave and then vary the application with SET(O) form once I made up the time for 10 years properly. This all sounded solid advice to me & after my own research into UKBA policies and guidelines I couldn't disagree with the solicitor. This was the best way to make up for the shortfall. I sent the FLR(O) form in August and once I made up for those 3 weeks & qualified for 10 years I immediately sent the SET(O) form mid-september to vary the initial FLR(O). I only had to pay the full amount of fees for FLR(O) + the difference in fees between the FLR(O) and SET(O) applications which is altogether less then 1000 pounds. That was fine for me & I could afford it. But now it's the painful and at times frustrating wait which is killing me. It has been almost 3 months now since my initial FLR(O) application in early August and I still have no invitation for biometric appointment :( I don't foresee any major problems with my ILR application as I had no gaps in the last 10 years and all applications for visa renewals or leave to remain was made on time. I had 8 years as student + 1 year as SEGS + 1 year as Tier 2 general wp holder. I also have a clean history and background, no unspent convictions etc. Has anyone here faced similar situation or know of anyone with a similar background? Will my application processing be delayed more than usual because my original FLR(O) application superseded by the SET(O) application? It's frustrating to wait so long, 3 months now, no passport and to further complicate matters, I have recently been offered a job which I can't start because I don't have my Sorry to sound so negative, I am sure there are people out there much worse than me.
Did you include your Life in UK Test Pass in the SET O.
nothing united in United Nation.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am

Hey Guys
Congrats to those that have collected their passport back with ILR

Am very much here but nothing to inform you guys, am still patiently waiting for biometric invitation, today makes it 3 months and 6 days, what could be happening ? I eventually got my SAR that i applied for in August 15 2012 on Saturday and everything seems OK.
The wait sucks

natisanga

no biometrics :(

Post by natisanga » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am

Just checked the post and nothing.
I applied 27/7. So it is getting closer to 4 months now...( 2 more weeks).

I have one question:
I moved house 6 weeks ago ( I knew that i was moving when i made my application). So i put as my correspondence address my work place ...
I was waiting to get the biometrics to fax the home office to let them know..
but well... not sure what to do now...

I payed redirection service from the Post officce for 6 months. Just in case they sent documents there ...

What do you recommend? Should i fax them now, also let them know i have not received the biometrics letter? i did not want to make things more complicated but given the situation things can not get any worse ( or can they? ... Oh my GOd,).

Let me know your suggestions

Thanks

natisanga

change of address 2

Post by natisanga » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am

ANother thing:
I checked the online form to change address and it does not let you speficy your correspondance address/ home address. and which one changes...

is it better then to write (post), fax or the form??
I have the bad feeling that this will make things even slower!!
All help much appreciated!
Thanks

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Re: ILR recieved

Post by tinaysf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Desigirl wrote:
tinaysf wrote:
Desigirl wrote:Good news folks, I collected my ILR today from my solicitor, I have a sneaky feeling that they had my ILR for the past two (2) weeks but told me today, I wish each and every one of you success with your application, you want to be here, you chose to have your life here, and I know that you will not take it for granted. I thank God and my loved ones for giving me the strength and teaching me patience.

Application date: 08-May-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 18-May-2012
Fee taken on 10-May-2012
Bio letter: 04-July-2012
Bio data submitted: 05-July-2012
BPR issued: 24-October-2012
BPR + docs received: 05-November-2012

Information that I consider relevant to others:

August 2004 : My passport was not stamped at Heathrow when I returned from vacation.

April 2008 : My student visa application was returned due to incorrect background, within one (1) week I had sent the correct photos.

September 2011 : I won my PSW case with First tier tribunal, however, 4 months after my win, an appeal was made by Home office (which was allowed!) I had to go to the Upper tribunal (case heard January 2012). While waiting for the decision I was already within my “qualifying period” to apply for ILR, my solicitor advised that I had to wait for the decision before I can apply for ILR.

January 2012: Case heard in upper Tribunal

April 2012 : Eligible to apply for ILR but still waiting for decision from Upper tribunal.

May 2012 : Decision received, I did not win but I had 14 days to take the matter to High Court, instead I made my application for ILR.

October 2012: ILR granted.

I was overwhelmed by my emotions today, it was a great feeling of accomplishment, try to visualise the moment you get your IlR, the easier a goal is to see, the closer it seems. Best of luck to you all who are waiting, I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi, i had similar situation like you i won my appeal for psw in september 2011 but HO further appealed to upper tribunal. 10 years completed in jan 2012 but waiting for decision from upper tribunal . Decision came in feb 2012 I didnot win instead i made an application for 10 years long residency................... still waiting for outcome sometimes become hopeless that it will never come or they might refuse as i didnot had valid leave from may 2011 till i became eligible for 10 years in jan 2012 I was on section 3c leave which i dont know HO will consider as legal stay in UK for 10 years long residency. Really the waiting time is very stressful
Yes tinaysf, we both have similar circumstances, I had to quickly submit my ILR application after I received my decision (my visa ran out while waiting for the decision). I understand your stress very well. Be strong and don't give up, it helps to speak to your friends or loved ones about your stress. These solicitors are no help really, they just take your money. I wish I had found this website before I made my application.You will get your ILR soon.

Thanks.......... lets see what i get

let_koko

Re: no biometrics :(

Post by let_koko » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm

natisanga wrote:Just checked the post and nothing.

I have one question:
I moved house 6 weeks ago ( I knew that i was moving when i made my application). So i put as my correspondence address my work place ...

I payed redirection service from the Post officce for 6 months. Just in case they sent documents there ...

What do you recommend? Should i fax them now, also let them know i have not received the biometrics letter? i did not want to make things more complicated but given the situation things can not get any worse ( or can they? ... Oh my GOd,).

Thanks
In the application form if you truly stated your work address as the correspondence address, then all correspondence should be forwarded to your work address. There is no harm if you decides to fax them, in fact, i think am going to do the same as i have been waiting for 3 months and 6 days for biometric
Good luck

mikevs
Newly Registered

Requesting to return the documents

Post by mikevs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi, sorry if this is a double post, but does anyone have any idea how long it would take the Home Office to return documents if one decides to withdraw his/hers applications?
Last edited by mikevs on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kutub8090
Newly Registered

Re: brp invitation

Post by kutub8090 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm

do U know the right fax no.
so that we can fax requesting for brp invitation.
i am waiting fore nearly 03 month.

kutub8090
Newly Registered

Post by kutub8090 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:55 pm

can anyone pls send updated SKYDIVE LINK.

THANK YOU

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 pm

[quote="sufferhead"][quote="dd202"]Hey Guys, this year in September I completed 10 year of residence & qualify for ILR. But there was a slight problem, my existing leave on Tier 2 fell 3 weeks short of 10 years minus 28 days. So I had to consult a solicitor who advised me to apply with FLR(O) before my Tier 2 leave expired to make up those 3 weeks with Section 3C leave and then vary the application with SET(O) form once I made up the time for 10 years properly. This all sounded solid advice to me & after my own research into UKBA policies and guidelines I couldn't disagree with the solicitor. This was the best way to make up for the shortfall. I sent the FLR(O) form in August and once I made up for those 3 weeks & qualified for 10 years I immediately sent the SET(O) form mid-september to vary the initial FLR(O). I only had to pay the full amount of fees for FLR(O) + the difference in fees between the FLR(O) and SET(O) applications which is altogether less then 1000 pounds. That was fine for me & I could afford it. But now it's the painful and at times frustrating wait which is killing me. It has been almost 3 months now since my initial FLR(O) application in early August and I still have no invitation for biometric appointment :( I don't foresee any major problems with my ILR application as I had no gaps in the last 10 years and all applications for visa renewals or leave to remain was made on time. I had 8 years as student + 1 year as SEGS + 1 year as Tier 2 general wp holder. I also have a clean history and background, no unspent convictions etc. Has anyone here faced similar situation or know of anyone with a similar background? Will my application processing be delayed more than usual because my original FLR(O) application superseded by the SET(O) application? It's frustrating to wait so long, 3 months now, no passport and to further complicate matters, I have recently been offered a job which I can't start because I don't have my Sorry to sound so negative, I am sure there are people out there much worse than me.[/quote]

Did you include your Life in UK Test Pass in the SET O.[/quote]

Yes mate, I did include the life in the uk test pass result with the SET(O) application form. Do you think the UKBA will take longer to process my ILR since my initial application was an FLR(O)? My prospective employer wants me to start asap but can't until I get a decision from UKBA regarding my ILR.

s4sam
Newly Registered

Anyone got any good news?

Post by s4sam » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi All,

Hope you are well. :D Has anyone who applied between 1st to 15 June 2012, got a reply from the HO? Please confirm & many thanks in advance for your cooperation. Please say yes or no but at least reply. :roll:

Regards

Sam :roll:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

kutub8090 wrote:can anyone pls send updated SKYDIVE LINK.

THANK YOU
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... &app=Excel

u mi8 need a MS login to edit

Diggiboyz
Newly Registered

Re: no biometrics :(

Post by Diggiboyz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am

natisanga wrote:Just checked the post and nothing.

I have one question:

Thanks
I changed my address and updated on the home office website with my new address. I received the confirmation email from home office. I also called them a week later to check for the update and they said yes they have my new address. To my surprise I received my bio metric invitation at the old address 6 weeks after I update the address. I was lucky that my post forwarding was still active other wise I would have missed the invitation.
I don't trust HO at all. I would suggest to update your address and keep the mail forwarding as well till you receive your PP back.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 am

Everyone please only chase UKBA if your case has taken longer than 6 months. Unless it's an emergency . Please be patient if you are if you are still within the first six months. I am sure most of us know this, but Im just making sure everyone gets it

Khall75

Re: 10 years long residence

Post by Khall75 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 am

Applied 11/5/12 and still waiting after over 6 months

natisanga

Contact home office

Post by natisanga » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am

I have not found a fax number yet.
Just this to contact the home office:

If you need to contact us after you have applied, please
do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application,
write to the following address (not the one to which you
posted your application):
UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN
and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted, made
in person or delivered by courier
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

If i find something else i will post it here.
I think i will send a letter changing my address and saying that i have not received biometrics letter upto date.

Thanks for all the replies.

flyingv26
Pakistan

Re: Anyone got any good news?

Post by flyingv26 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm

s4sam wrote:Hi All,

Hope you are well. :D Has anyone who applied between 1st to 15 June 2012, got a reply from the HO? Please confirm & many thanks in advance for your cooperation. Please say yes or no but at least reply. :roll:

Regards

Sam :roll:
I'm mostly a silent reader who checks this website first thing in the morning, and i can assure you that everyone who's waiting and submitted their details here wont stay quite on getting their ilr. No no good news from my side yet, i applied on 6th of june.

If you check the waiting times section on ukba website they've updated it as follows:
- decide 95% of postal applications within six months (previously 95% was decided in 4 months and 100% was decided in 6 months)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Also today i received an email from my solicitor stating: Because of the rule changes in July a lot of people decided to make applications and as a result the Home Office is overwhelmed by applications – and for political reasons (I assume) the government will not increase the staffing levels to deal with the increased numbers. The result is extreme delay and we now expect decisions to take between 7 and 10 months. Unfortunately we can’t complain as everyone is in the same boat. However, if you want to complain to your MP, you can. If you want to do this, just google Find Your MP and enter your postcode. Then follow the contacts. My view is that it won’t make any difference but if you explain how the delay is affecting you, it may help. :cry:

May God help us outta this mess of ukba. Amen

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Anyone got any good news?

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

However, if you want to complain to your MP, you can. If you want to do this, just google Find Your MP and enter your postcode. Then follow the contacts.
Here is the link to do so...http://www.writetothem.com

kutub8090
Newly Registered

BRP Notification letter under long residence rule

Post by kutub8090 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 pm

hi
day by day i am being sick and very frustrated. pls let us know any one who received BRP notification under 10yr rule , application made 15/08/2012.

i applied on 15/8/2012. but no BRP invitation.
pls let us know, at least i can live in hope.

kutub

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:34 pm

"Patience is a virtue"

Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is so often used. So stay cool...Keep yourselves busy and get involved in different things...I know this is easier said than done...But Do we have a choice???????

Hyper-PK

Indefinite Leave to Remain -ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi, Its been almost over 10 dayes now since we had good news on this forum about ILR.........Any End May,June/July Applicants,,,please come farward to share your update.

Thanks

razi786
Newly Registered

Post by razi786 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Today i have recieve my biometric letter and done on same day.

verycute
Newly Registered

Post by verycute » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Wow my biometric invitation arrived today after almost 18 weeks!

bobby80gh

Re: BRP Notification letter under long residence rule

Post by bobby80gh » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 pm

kutub8090 wrote:hi
day by day i am being sick and very frustrated. pls let us know any one who received BRP notification under 10yr rule , application made 15/08/2012.

i applied on 15/8/2012. but no BRP invitation.
pls let us know, at least i can live in hope.

kutub
I applied on the same day but got my brp invitation yesterday. i have to send an email to someone at ukba for her to intervene for me though. send an email to the complaints department they will sort it out for you.