ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier1extension

AN application

Post by tier1extension » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

I am applying for naturalisation / citizenship using Form AN.

It states that I must complete the form using block capital letters and date format DD/MM/YYYY.

However, my two referees in page 12 of the form had signed the form and have used the date format DD.MM.YY rather than DD/MM/YYYY. In addition, one of the referee has written his email address in small capital letters.

However, the rest of my application form that I have filled and completed myself are all in block capital letters and the dates are in DD/MM/YYYY.

So will there be a problem with regards to the date format DD.MM.YY that my referees has used, and one of them writing their email address in small capital letter?

Lastly, is it ok to staple rather than paste my photo in the form?

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 am

With regard to your referees using a different date format, that's perfectly fine. One of my referees did the same and it wasn't a concern at all.

With regard to stapling of photos, yes you also can. NCS affixed our photos on our application forms by stapling them. They're more secured by doing this, if you ask me. Again, this wasn't a concern.

tier1extension

thanks

Post by tier1extension » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 am

thank you for your post

How about the email address in small capital letters?

Do the professional referee have to state the company number of the company he is a director of?

Thanks a lot.

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

I don't think HO will make a fuss out of a trivial concern as your referee's writing in lower case :D

Your referees are required to put their contact numbers where they can easily be reached in case HO calls them. Hence, if your professional referee can be reached at his company's contact number, then he should indicate than on the form.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm

One of my references had a handwriting that was barely legible at all, and to decipher the e-mail address HO must have had a cryptographer. Anyway, application went through smoothly, nobody cared. So far, I have never heard of any case when HO trashed an application because of the references scribbling. Relax!

Photo-wise, guide AN specifies that you should "staple or clip" a photo, while form AN just generally mentions that you have to "fix" a photo to the form. Again, I don't think it makes any difference at all - staple, clip, glue, ... whatever floats your boat, as long as a suitable photo is attached.

tier1extension

Question

Post by tier1extension » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 am

Hi All,

Would appreciate if I could receive a reply for below:

First question: I am planning to move to a different address in the near future after the date of my application using the Nationality Checking Service. Therefore, I am planning to use my future address in the application form that I will be submitting. Will they ask for proof of address? This is because my driving license, bank statements, etc will still have my old address because I haven't yet moved to the new address.

Second question: if I apply using the Nationality Checking Service, do I have to buy a special delivery pre-paid envelope? Is it advisable to get it?

Thank you in advance.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 am

While applying Nationality Checking Service there is no need to buy a special delivery pre-paid envelope.

All we get back is a approval letter as we dont submit any originals when using NCS.

As far as i am aware they dont ask proof of address atleast did not happen for me.

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm

No, NCS won't ask for your proof of address but you are required to put your present address on the form. If you're uncertain just yet as to when you'd be moving to your new address, I suggest that you put your current address on the application. When you have already moved house then just advise HO by filling in the change in address request online.

You don't need to do anything when you apply through NCS. Just bring all your original documents as required and they will take charge in photocopying and sending them to HO.

Hope this helps.