ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty & 3 points Endorsement on Driving Licence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abimmigrate
Newly Registered

Fixed penalty & 3 points Endorsement on Driving Licence

Post by abimmigrate » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi !
I had Fixed Penatly ( £ 60 ) from police officer and 3 points on my driving Licence.
Date of Offence : 01/07/2008.
Details on my Driving Licence Below :
Convicting Court Code : 2665
Date of Conviction : ----------------- ( Blank )
Offence Code : CU20
Date of offence : 01/07/2008
Fine : ( Blank )
Disqual Period : ( Blank )
other : ( Blank )
Penalty points : 3

I assume this is Fixed Penalty and not conviction from court, for which i do not have to spent 5 years rehabilation .

I did extend my HSMP Visa in Aug 2008 and i did not mentioned any traffic offence in my application.
I did applied my ILR in Aug 2012 and i did not mentioned any traffic offence in my application.

I need to apply for Naturalisation .
I am not very sure if this traffic offence with 3 points is just Fixed Penatly OR Convication from court ?
Do i need to wait until 5 years of the traffic offence for applying my Naturalisation ?
OR if i can Apply now in November 2012 for Naturalization
Do i need to mention this Traffic offence commenced on 01/07/2008 in my Naturalisation Application ?
Logically after 4 years as on 01/07/2012 i must not have any penatly point on my driving licence .

Please Advice

Thanks

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Fixed penalty & 3 points Endorsement on Driving Lice

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 pm

See here, here and here.

abimmigrate
Newly Registered

Thanks Gyfrinachgar

Post by abimmigrate » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks Gyfrinachgar

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

abimmigrate wrote:Hi !

I arrived in UK May 2003 on Student Visa .
While I was on student Visa in U.K I got my HSMP ( Now HSMP Judicial Review ) Approval on Aug 2006.

I went back to India with my Wife and kids to get HSMP VISA stamped on our passports.

We all Came back to U.K on Sep 2006.

I am applying for Naturalisation this Month Nov 2012.
What should I fill in AN application form Section 2
2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the united kingdom ( see page 7 of the Guide )
[ According to the guide it ask for long term basis in U.K , I guess it is Sep 2006 when I entered in U.K on HSMP Visa , am I correct ? ]

3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country(including traffic offences) or any civil judgements made against you ?
[ I had Fixed Penalty Notice £ 60 and 3 points endorsed on my Driving Licence back in July 2008 ( NO Convictions from Court ) Logically now after July 2012 my Driving Licence is clear with those Points.]
Do I need to mention this traffic offence of Fixed Penalty Notice in my application form section 3.6 ?

Please Reply
Thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

abimmigrate
Newly Registered

Post by abimmigrate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 am

Hi !
Do i need to disclose Fixed penalty Notice ( Endorsement) and 3 points received in July 2008 ?
Applying for Naturalisation in Nov 2012.

Thanks

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 am

abimmigrate wrote:Do i need to disclose Fixed penalty Notice ( Endorsement) and 3 points received in July 2008 ?
Yes, you must disclose it, but a single FPN will not adversely effect your application.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 am

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
abimmigrate wrote:Do i need to disclose Fixed penalty Notice ( Endorsement) and 3 points received in July 2008 ?
Yes, you must disclose it, but a single FPN will not adversely effect your application.
not really, if that didnt go to court.. u dont need to declare them

abimmigrate
Newly Registered

Did not declared in HSMP Extn and ILR application

Post by abimmigrate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks Gyfrinachgar, addh
Sorry i am a newbie to forums .

Gyfrinachgar : I did called DVLA and they confirmed that my Driving Licence is clean . as offece was on July 2008 ( NOT Convicted through Court ).

Do i still have to declare ? as i had not declared in HSMP Extension Aug 2008 and while ILR Aug 2011.
Worried by decalring does not open more issues ?

Thanks in Advance

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Did not declared in HSMP Extn and ILR application

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

abimmigrate wrote:Gyfrinachgar : I did called DVLA and they confirmed that my Driving Licence is clean . as offece was on July 2008 ( NOT Convicted through Court ). Do i still have to declare ?
No. While FPNs don't get spent, they can be removed from the licence after 4 years - which is in effect the same thing. In any case - as mentioned above, if you declare it the impact it will have on your application will be zip. Which means that even if you don't mention it and HO thinks you should have mentioned it, their rulebook states that it still doesn't matter (chapter 9.5.2). With a single FPN, which has been removed anyway, you are safe either way. Good luck!

abimmigrate
Newly Registered

Did not declared in HSMP Extn and ILR application

Post by abimmigrate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks Gyfranchgar !

Just to make my self sure about FIXED PENALTY NOTICE.

is this the correct information for Fixed penatly Notice on Driving Licence ?
See Below
I had Fixed Penatly ( £ 60 ) from police officer and 3 points on my driving Licence.
Date of Offence : 01/07/2008.
Details on my Driving Licence Below :
Convicting Court Code : 2665
Date of Conviction : ----------------- ( Blank )
Offence Code : CU20
Date of offence : 01/07/2008
Fine : ( Blank )
Disqual Period : ( Blank )
other : ( Blank )
Penalty points : 3
( I never went to court )

As i read on this forum many have got fixed penalty with Date of conviction as BLANK.
but no one has yet mentioned what did they had on Convicting Court Code ?

So to understand my self clear can any one clarify me that this is just a Fixed Penatly Notice .

Thanks
Once again Thanks in Advance

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Did not declared in HSMP Extn and ILR application

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

abimmigrate wrote:Just to make my self sure about FIXED PENALTY NOTICE. is this the correct information for Fixed penatly Notice on Driving Licence ?
It certainly sounds so, and if DVLA confirms a clean licence, what more do you want?
Anyway, concerning the text you posted I cannot help you with the finer points due to lack of experience. Fortunately, my knowledge of FPNs is only theoretical so far (thank God!), and UKBA regulations don't specify how FPNs are filled out. Maybe another member can confirm that.

mysticriver77
Newly Registered

Do I need to disclose a Fixed Penalty Notice

Post by mysticriver77 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi,

I have been issued a FPN (3 points and £60, LC20- Driving Otherwise than in Accordance with a License) in September 2007 due to driving under an International License (for either driving on that license for extended period or inaccurate format).

I did not disclose that for my ILR (October 2012), as it was spent by that time. However following recent changes from 13th December 2012 that Nationality and Immigration decisions are now except from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 my questions are:

Do I need to mention this FPN for my Neutralization application, although it has been spent (confirmed by DVLA)? and If I do in which section of AN form should I mention it?

If I do not disclose this as it has been spent, can it be count as deception?

Thanks