ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: WP + 1 Dep, granted 14 nov solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Granted today at Solihull. Thank you all
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Congrats wpilr_nov12,

Please post your experience when you get the time, the more detail the better:).

Congrats again.
Challenges make life worth it!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am

Here is my ILR experience.

Preparation: I started educating myself on ILR in March 2012 from this forum. I have received a lot of good and useful information and tips/suggestions from members/mods. Big thank you to all.

Location note - there is another UKBA Regional office in Solihull. We asked a local person for UKBA office, and we were directed to this one. We were then redirected to the PEO office.

ILR Day: 10:20 appointment.
Standard procedure as other Solihull applicants (security, token etc..)

CW asked the following questions -
  • What are you applying for - Settlement
    What are you applying as - Work Permit
    Have you changed employers in the 5 years - No.
Documents asked for (originals only):
  • Form
    Passports - Main + Dep.
    Photos 2 each of Main + Dep (taken from a Tesco's photo booth 2 days earlier)
    Employer letter - used the sticky template in this forum
    LIUK (our scores - 24 and 23)
    3 month payslips
    3 month bank statements - corresponding entry for salaries were highlighted - CW liked this very much.
    Cohab docs - I had a separate folder with Mine, Dep and Joint docs in different sets. CW asked for the Joint set, and pulled 3 out.
Slight hiccup with Employer letter because my CW (for whatever reason) was expecting my actual job title to match SOC table job title. CW asked for the original WP letter. Later CW was OK with 'closest match' and apologized for the delay.

10 mins later CW said it will be approved, pending Payment and Biometric checks.

Then asked for copies of all the above only.

Paid at the next counter. We did not have any arrangement with (Barclays) bank prior to making payment. However the clerk at payment said (and we had guts to ask since our paperwork were approved, subject to payment and biometric), if this payment failed, she would try other cards for us, or she would try the same card later after we had been to Barclays to ask them to allow this payment. I had carried 5 copies of payment sheet, just in case. This did not become necessary.

Biometric at 11:30. After biometric was successful, was asked to come back in 2 hours to collect paperwork.

2 pm collected paperwork, and driving back to London.

Our returned paperwork included -
  • 2 separate confirmation letters, named/adressed to each of us.
    CW returned 1 each of our photos.
    LIUK original were returned.
Useful information:
  • Took advantage of the '3 month' concession on delayed entry.
    P60 or HMRC letter were not asked for.
    Cohab docs - I had prepared 3 separate files - one in my name, one in my dep name and one in Joint names. The ones in joint names were insurance letters, mortgage letters, etc. We do not have joint bank accounts or joint utility bills.
    Bank statement - For most recent month, used Barclays kiosk printouts, stamped in branch. CW said they were OK with it as it was standard issue by various banks.
    We had no convictions/tickets etc. and We had zero absences.
    Our two kids born in UK, but don't have dependent visa. So they were not included. They will be going straight for Registration.
Bottom section of page 11 of form (relevant to WP):
  • BOX 1 : My SOC Code
    BOX 2 : left blank as the corresponding salary for my SOC code was given 'annual'
    BOX 3: the corresponding salary for my SOC code, not my actual salary.
    BOX 4: 37.5
    BOX 5: 1950 (37.5*52) -- this is exactly how I wrote it.
My contract is based on 40 hours, SOC is 37.5 hours. But this did not become an issue. I did not have to declare my actual hours anywhere.
Also, there was a slight mismatch between my WP salary and actual salary (this was still above current SOC salary level) for Year 1. This was never looked into by CW.

My advice:
1. If you think you need a certain document, then for your own peace of mind, get it.
2. Organization is the key. Eg, I had every piece of paper numbered and created a 'table of contents' for my documents.
3. You get all the advice you need for FREE in this forum. But you have to ASK the RIGHT questions.

Good luck to you all.
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 am

Great narrative. Organization indeed is the key, congratulations wpilr_nov12. Thanks for being such a huge help in the last couple of months.

I guess MN1 for the kids is the next step!
Challenges make life worth it!

skumar45

many congrats wpilr

Post by skumar45 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

Wonderful - Many congraulations mate. Thanks very much for sharing.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Congratulations wpilr_nov12. You have helped many others cross the ILR finish line now it's your turn take a bow! Excellent narrative for future wpermit applicants.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Bottom section of page 11 of form (relevant to WP):
BOX 1 : My SOC Code
BOX 2 : left blank as the corresponding salary for my SOC code was given 'annual'
BOX 3: the corresponding salary for my SOC code, not my actual salary.
BOX 4: 37.5
BOX 5: 1950 (37.5*52) -- this is exactly how I wrote it.

Not just work permit - also for Tier 2 applicants.

This section was never clear - thanks mate you kept it crystal clear.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Can you plz share format of the employers letter u used...

Did u use any covering letter with ur application or any letter from ur employer saying that ur payslips r genuine ?

Thanks in advace for ur cooperation

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm

pure desire wrote:Can you plz share format of the employers letter u used...
See link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413
Did u use any covering letter with ur application or any letter from ur employer saying that ur payslips r genuine ?

No.

Also, read this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109672 for my view on covering letter.

Thanks in advace for ur cooperation

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Received BRP cards for both today. ILR approved 14/11, card issued 16/11 , delivered 20/11. One chapter closed. Good luck to all the applicants

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:58 pm

very good one for referance

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you wpilr_nov12. Very well organized set of documents. Lot of effort and Thought has gone into your hard work. very useful for others.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Congratulations scoring 100%score on your lit UK.