ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO Timeline

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nosscire81
Newly Registered

PIO Timeline

Post by nosscire81 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Anyone know how long a PIO application will take at the HCI in London? The website says it is only 7 working days, but I'm not so sure. I already have my surrender certificate, will this make it quicker?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:48 pm

not sure in london but when i applied for my child in birmingham they say by person it takes 18 days and by post 21 days.

i applied by post and it took 20 days for my son's PIO card.

Processing of the applications normally take 18 working days in cases of applications received at the counter and 21 working days in case of applications received by post from the date of receipt of the application. Certain cases may take more time.

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... pages&id=9

nosscire81
Newly Registered

Post by nosscire81 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks for your post. I'm planning to visit India for Christmas, so I'm torn between applying for a PIO and a normal tourist Visa. I know I've left it late, but perhaps in this case, the visa seems to be my best bet if I wish to travel on time.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am

i applied for my wife by post for PIO and it took 3 weeks in london