ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Long residence in the UK (10 years)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eg4am1
Newly Registered

ILR - Long residence in the UK (10 years)

Post by eg4am1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi do i need to pass my life in the UK test before applying for ILR? or is this only required for citizenship?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

eg4am1
Newly Registered

Post by eg4am1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi I was hoping to get some guidance on the following.
Just recently passed my Life in the UK test and applying for ILR on the basis on 10 years stay in UK

I came in Nov 2002 and was on student Visa until 2007 (5years)
Then 2 years on Post study from 2007 to 2009 (2 years)
Then 3 years on EEA family member visa. My Mrs. in EEA national and practicing her EEA rights here in UK (3 year)

I have a few doubts and would appreciate some clarification please.
1) Currently My wife lives in London and I live in Southampton (because of Jobs) is this going to cause any complication?
2) As I am currently on EEA family member Visa, Do I need to send her ID / passport as well? I am asking this as I am applying for myself at the moment on the reason of being here for 10 years.
3) Also we never got to change the title on her ID card / Passport (European) so it still reads Miss instead of Mrs. Any advice on this?

Just to clarify I am not applying for PR on the basis on EEA family member as I will need to wait another 2 years for that

Many thanks in advance

eg4am1
Newly Registered

Post by eg4am1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Can someone answer my questions please. Much appreciated

Pieloi
Newly Registered

Post by Pieloi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:24 pm

I think you would be fine applying based on the legal 10 years time sent in the UK

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 pm

eg4am1 wrote:Hi I was hoping to get some guidance on the following.
Just recently passed my Life in the UK test and applying for ILR on the basis on 10 years stay in UK

I came in Nov 2002 and was on student Visa until 2007 (5years)
Then 2 years on Post study from 2007 to 2009 (2 years)
Then 3 years on EEA family member visa. My Mrs. in EEA national and practicing her EEA rights here in UK (3 year)

I have a few doubts and would appreciate some clarification please.
1) Currently My wife lives in London and I live in Southampton (because of Jobs) is this going to cause any complication?

The form doesn't ask for your wife's details. So this is not relevant.

2) As I am currently on EEA family member Visa, Do I need to send her ID / passport as well? I am asking this as I am applying for myself at the moment on the reason of being here for 10 years.

Send what the form asks for.

3) Also we never got to change the title on her ID card / Passport (European) so it still reads Miss instead of Mrs. Any advice on this?

See q 1 above.

Just to clarify I am not applying for PR on the basis on EEA family member as I will need to wait another 2 years for that

Many thanks in advance
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 am

eg4am1 wrote:Hi Can someone answer my questions please. Much appreciated
yes u have to pass LIUK before applying for ILR,
hope this answers ur question