ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Lorablue wrote:Hi Guys,

Yesterday I also requested my passport back and got an automated reply about 10 days.

I really need my passport as I was offered a job and my passport is needed for a background check. If I don't get it by the end of next week I will loose my job offer :(
Do you know if they return the passports if it is NOT for traveling but for some other important issue? I am really worried that they will just ignore my request.
Mine is for travel. It will be 10 working days tomorrow . Need to travel outside England on Saturday . I don't think I could make it now . I hope you could get yours. Good luck

Amari2051
Newly Registered

Post by Amari2051 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes, I probably have no other choice than do follow their instruction.

I first sent my request on the 1st of Nov, and then I called on the phone to chase it up but they had no info about returns, however they advised to keep on sending the online request so I did again on the 4th of Nov, I got the usual automated response and then sent the request again on the 14th of Nov, I got the automated reply and about 2hours later I got a reply from the ROD e-mail address saying that I will have to write to the UKBA Liverpool address, that my return of document request cannot be completed at the moment.

The reason for my Passport request is for a Job interview, and maybe that might be the reason for the drama or maybe because I sent my request multiple times....I don't know, or maybe if my reason was urgent travel, perhaps it will be processed faster..(this is just a suggestion)...
No one really knows how UKBA operates.

Lorablue
Newly Registered

Post by Lorablue » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Ghirleeh_lim, thanks.

You have one more day so hopefully you will receive your passport tomorrow.

Lorablue
Newly Registered

Post by Lorablue » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Flipper77, thank you for the useful information. I will send one more request now.

lee333

Post by lee333 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 am

ghirleeh_lim wrote:

Yesterday I also requested my passport back and got an automated reply about 10 days.

I really need my passport as I was offered a job and my passport is needed for a background check. If I don't get it by the end of next week I will loose my job offer :(
Do you know if they return the passports if it is NOT for traveling but for some other important issue? I am really worried that they will just ignore my request.
Mine is for travel. It will be 10 working days tomorrow . Need to travel outside England on Saturday . I don't think I could make it now . I hope you could get yours. Good luck

Well ghirleeh_lim, it's 'D-Day' for both of us today... I hope Royal Mail has your package for delivery this morning.

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 am

All the best you guys ! :)
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

hay guys
i sent my application 22 may 2012 for eea2 iam married and we both working i sent my working contract my payslip for first month my wife payslips for year no benifts at all also sent our marraige contract our marraige regestration cert from her country my creminal reccord my army cerifcate with translation with translation 2 passport i sent alot of papers over 600 gram
and since 22 may i am waiting i should get my RC 22 Nov After 6 month
they not sent me coa or anything
i called and they said you should wait even after 6 month and that 6 month just aguide date and it may take more time
WTF i should do i start be angry about it i cant wait more
what kind of lawyer deal with this kind of problems if someone know one in north scotland please give me contact number
any help will be appreciated

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Just sent a request to What do they know?

Post by fabioflashuk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 pm

You can see on the link below:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/e ... ations/new

Thanks

lee333

Post by lee333 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:hay guys
i sent my application 22 may 2012 for eea2 iam married and we both working i sent my working contract my payslip for first month my wife payslips for year no benifts at all also sent our marraige contract our marraige regestration cert from her country my creminal reccord my army cerifcate with translation with translation 2 passport i sent alot of papers over 600 gram
and since 22 may i am waiting i should get my RC 22 Nov After 6 month
they not sent me coa or anything
i called and they said you should wait even after 6 month and that 6 month just aguide date and it may take more time
WTF i should do i start be angry about it i cant wait more
what kind of lawyer deal with this kind of problems if someone know one in north scotland please give me contact number
any help will be appreciated

6 months is not just a guide date, it's the law.

The following is an excerpt from the UKBA's European Casework Instructions, chapter 5. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

"5.1.8 Six-month rule

Community law requires us to decide applications for a Residence Card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Every effort should be made to do so, particularly where an applicant draws our attention to an alleged breach of this requirement. Failure to comply with this requirement could leave the Home Office open to a claim for damages."

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 pm

lee333 wrote:
ghirleeh_lim wrote:

Well ghirleeh_lim, it's 'D-Day' for both of us today... I hope Royal Mail has your package for delivery this morning.
It's really sad cos there's nothing in the post. I think people just don't care

lee333

Post by lee333 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:55 pm

ghirleeh_lim wrote:
lee333 wrote:
ghirleeh_lim wrote:

Same for me, nothing today. Really disappointing.

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:45 pm

lee333 wrote:
ghirleeh_lim wrote:
lee333 wrote:
ghirleeh_lim wrote:
Mine is for travel. It will be 10 working days tomorrow . Need to travel outside England on Saturday . I don't think I could make it now . I hope you could get
yours. Good luck

I don't know how could they do that to people. I didn't even know that my husband already sent a request last 01.11.12 and what he received from automated response was 5 working days. Everything was messed up now. Our hotel for 1 day before travelling has been paid and parking space for 15 days. Shame really.

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:51 pm

ghirleeh_lim wrote:
lee333 wrote:
ghirleeh_lim wrote:
lee333 wrote:

I don't know how could they do that to people. I didn't even know that my husband already sent a request last 01.11.12 and what he received from automated response was 5 working days. Everything was messed up now. Our hotel for 1 day before travelling has been paid and parking space for 15 days. Shame really.
Anyway still wishing luck to everybody here!

azdjani2012
Mood:

Post by azdjani2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

come on guys its time line topic n all am reading iz passport request, plz its almost four months am here and it was going too good to read only time line and watching ppl getting there RC.. plz if u need to discus abut passport etc start other topic or there r many more....

thanks

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

i send email to liverpool for return my passport .i did not send any form to them or any call.i just email them that i need passport so send me only passport. 10 november saturday i send them email and today when i came to home from work then i saw that from royal mail they leave one paper on letter box because signature were required and i am sure that it can be from ukba and tomroow i will know about it.........i will write again tomrow..

eea2 sent 12sept
ho recieved 13sept,
coa recieved 19th oct..

rc......?

waheguru waheguru.......

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm

i got passports back today ...

Amari2051
Newly Registered

Post by Amari2051 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Nice, I think I will also write them and request passports without using the forms, perhaps you only need to use to form when you write to RODRequest, when writing to Liverpool request, i dont think forms are needed.

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 pm

yes i think because i did not use any form i just send them one email that i need passport so within week i got it .

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 pm

My timeline...

EEA2 application delivered to UKBA on 10th August
Sent letter to them on 1st November with a change of current address.
Haven't received RC yet, nor COA...

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

Post by MarksGrace » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 am

Still no RC :-( ... I was hoping to get it before December coz we want to take our son to Ireland on Christmas... My visa would expire on 17th Dec. 2012 will they give my passport before that or will they wait til the 6 month period is over?

-----------------EEA2 UNMARRIED PARTNER--------------------------

My timeline is:
EEA2 sent: 13/7/2012
Received by HO: 16/7/2012
COA received: 16/10/2012 dated 11/10/2012 with permission to work
RC: ........ :(

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am

MarksGrace wrote:Still no RC :-( ... I was hoping to get it before December coz we want to take our son to Ireland on Christmas... My visa would expire on 17th Dec. 2012 will they give my passport before that or will they wait til the 6 month period is over?

-----------------EEA2 UNMARRIED PARTNER--------------------------

My timeline is:
EEA2 sent: 13/7/2012
Received by HO: 16/7/2012
COA received: 16/10/2012 dated 11/10/2012 with permission to work
RC: ........ :(
I am in the same boat as you my friend :( there goes my christmas :(
===================

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:09 pm

i should get my rc this thursday
6 month over
and not even coa and they not nice on phone 2 :D :oops:

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:i should get my rc this thursday
6 month over
Did you get in touch with a lawyer? You have all the right to take them to court, they are in violation of EEA regulations.
===================

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:i should get my rc this thursday
6 month over
No COA at 6months?Could you give us more info about kind of application and documents sent?Did you change your address?
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

Mr. Ali

COA

Post by Mr. Ali » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi All

This is for everyone who is still waiting for COA or going to apply under EU Regulations. Some interesting Information from UKBA.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/e ... egulations