ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 year wait British Citizenship( Still Waiting )

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

airborneally
Newly Registered

1 year wait British Citizenship( Still Waiting )

Post by airborneally » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi everyone just to give you my timeline so far for citizenship
Married to British Born male
ILR + 3 years settled
All documents processed through Government checking agency
Receipt of Money and Documents confirmed May 2011 November 2011 Telephoned UKBA HO Liverpool (as advised after 6 months)
No answer to my simple question " Why the delay " The person on the end of the phone said they will put the phone down on me if I keep asking them this simple question. I have called numerous times more I have always been polite, they respond to simple questions with answers that make you feel that you are from another planet ! These people are paid from the tax that my husband and I pay to HM Treasury they have no ability whatsoever to manage calls from the public seeking simple answers.
They are paid by us so they must treat us correctly or be sacked .
So far its been nearly 1 year and they have given me no updates on where my application is in the process.I have even sent recorded letters and they do not send any reply.
Will have to go down the route of MP and Freedom of information act 2000
because after 1 year and I know that all the correct docs and procedures have been supplied and there can not be any reason to delay this long apart from UKBA error
Last edited by airborneally on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Post by John » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm

airborneally, definitely contact the MP for the area in which you live!
These people are paid from the tax that my husband and I pay to HM Treasury
Well no actually. "These people" are paid from the application fees for the applications they deal with. After those salaries and other costs, UKBA make a huge profit.
John

airborneally
Newly Registered

Post by airborneally » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

John wrote:airborneally, definitely contact the MP for the area in which you live!
These people are paid from the tax that my husband and I pay to HM Treasury
Well no actually. "These people" are paid from the application fees for the applications they deal with. After those salaries and other costs, UKBA make a huge profit.
Oh that now makes sense they pay these people peanuts so as to keep the profits ?

You pay peanuts and you get monkey's

goodfellow1

Re: 1 year wait British Citizenship( Still Waiting )

Post by goodfellow1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 pm

airborneally wrote:Hi everyone just to give you my timeline so far for citizenship
Married to British Born male
ILR + 3 years settled
All documents processed through Government checking agency
Receipt of Money and Documents confirmed May 2011 November 2011 Telephoned UKBA HO Liverpool (as advised after 6 months)
No answer to my simple question " Why the delay " The person on the end of the phone said they will put the phone down on me if I keep asking them this simple question. I have called numerous times more I have always been polite, they respond to simple questions with answers that make you feel that you are from another planet ! These people are paid from the tax that my husband and I pay to HM Treasury they have no ability whatsoever to manage calls from the public seeking simple answers.
They are paid by us so they must treat us correctly or be sacked .
So far its been nearly 1 year and they have given me no updates on where my application is in the process.I have even sent recorded letters and they do not send any reply.
Hi there, I can imagine how frustrated you must be and as John said you need to consult your local MP for help,unfortunately you will have to pay if you do instruct a solicitor to take action on your behalf as the british nationality and citizenship is not covered by the legal aid... also write a formal complaint to the ukba relevant department... you shouldn't have waited all this time and put up with their bureaucracy, your case is unusual perhaps that they have lost your file? I've seen people getting approved in matter of weeks. Good luck to you

elrhazi
Newly Registered

15 months ans still waiting

Post by elrhazi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,

I am in the same situation it have been over 15months and still no answer. They keep saying they are doing security check. To case worker have been allocated so far. Di you managed to get anyhwere? Did you do something that helped that you could share with me? Did you managed to get you British Citizenship?

I am desperet guys, if any one can help please let me know.

John

Post by John » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:11 pm

elrhazi, have you involved your MP? If not you should certainly do that.
John

sweetness

Re: 15 months ans still waiting

Post by sweetness » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 am

[quote="elrhazi"]Hi,

I am in the same situation it have been over 15months and still no answer. They keep saying they are doing security check. To case worker have been allocated so far. Di you managed to get anyhwere? Did you do something that helped that you could share with me? Did you managed to get you British Citizenship?

I am desperet guys, if any one can help please let me know.[/quote]

Wow elrhazi, 15 months! I am very sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you are feeling and what you are going through. I thought my husband was the only delayed person with upto 13 1/2 months now for his application. However, we recently called HO and they said that a decision has been made. So were waiting for good news now!

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm

My husband retrieved positive news about the BC and were going to book for citizenship ceremony. I wish you all the best! I guess the long wait is ridiculous but it when you recieve good news it kind of goes away.

Goodluck!

elrhazi
Newly Registered

Post by elrhazi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:32 pm

sweetness wrote:My husband retrieved positive news about the BC and were going to book for citizenship ceremony. I wish you all the best! I guess the long wait is ridiculous but it when you recieve good news it kind of goes away.

Goodluck!
Thanks for the update sweetness and congratulation to your husband!

elrhazi
Newly Registered

Post by elrhazi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 am

elrhazi wrote:
sweetness wrote:My husband retrieved positive news about the BC and were going to book for citizenship ceremony. I wish you all the best! I guess the long wait is ridiculous but it when you recieve good news it kind of goes away.

Goodluck!
Thanks for the update sweetness and congratulation to your husband!
I have now got an answer from the ukba. My application have been approved after 16months!!! I guess you should never loose hope. I will have the ceremony next week. All the best to all.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 pm

wow....was thinking that i am the last man standing in here

approaching my 10t month still NOTHING

wish you get positive news soon mate

elrhazi
Newly Registered

Post by elrhazi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Blackhole wrote:wow....was thinking that i am the last man standing in here

hi man,

chase them with a recorded letter of complaint. and start talking to your mp to chase them as well. all the best.

16months and done!

beever

Post by beever » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi All,
My husband is in the same position. We got all the documents checked at the NCS and submitted on 29 December 2011. It has been almost 8 months and we still have not heard of single thing. Tried calling twice and got very agitated customer service saying that she will terminate the call if i keep asking the same thing i.e. how long more do i have to wait now that it has past the 6 months mark and still doing the checks or how else can i find out the progress.

Any advice is much appreciated.

thanks guys

beever

Post by beever » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:13 pm

my husband called again today and has been advised that 'a decision has been made and a letter sent out to you today'
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

i_76
Newly Registered

Post by i_76 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Blackhole wrote:wow....was thinking that i am the last man standing in here

It's been over 10 months for me and I'm sick and tired of waiting! Every time I phone them I get "Your application is on-going" and that's all! I lived here since 2000 with my BC husband, have children with him and worked here, hardly ever leave UK, had ILR since 2004 and it takes them SO long to make a decision :?

There is a good website with alternative 0845 numbers you can find here, for HO number 0845 010 5200 it would be 0151 672 5626 it can save you money I tried myself and it works 8)

beever

Post by beever » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 am

beever wrote:my husband called again today and has been advised that 'a decision has been made and a letter sent out to you today'
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
FINALLY!!! the letter arrived on Friday and dated 24 August, so the wait is over.
Thanks guys for the advice. I was lucky enough to get to speak to the NCS officer who was very surprised with the slow progress and called for us.

good luck to those who are still waiting but we were planning to contact the MP and also write to UK BA if we didnt hear by last week.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 pm

still the same story in here

when call is the same answer,:cry:

any news from your side guys?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm

hay guys

Any of you have got any updates?

i am on 1 year exactly and yet hear NOTHING

any suggestion?

Glc

Post by Glc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm

You have been waiting for so long! All the while I thought HO has been doing well in speeding up its approval process. Have you called them again? If all else fails, it's advisable to already involve your MP or have you done this as well?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Glc wrote:You have been waiting for so long! All the while I thought HO has been doing well in speeding up its approval process. Have you called them again? If all else fails, it's advisable to already involve your MP or have you done this as well?
I have done all what you can think of
letters, calls, MP......etc

nothing helps

i am on my 12 months and i have seen some waiting for 15 months here, so i guess can do nothing but wait

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:29 am

Blackhole wrote:i am on my 12 months and i have seen some waiting for 15 months here, so i guess can do nothing but wait
Same here, Blackhole, but only 7.5 months.

The question is: why do they say they won't tell you anything until 6 months is up? It may be true, but they don't tell you anything ever.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Blackhole, HO is really giving you a hard time. One year is a long time waiting for a decision. I just trust and hope that you get your approval soon.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 pm

oscar22 wrote:Hi Blackhole, HO is really giving you a hard time. One year is a long time waiting for a decision. I just trust and hope that you get your approval soon.
thanks Oscar22

i just don't know what else to do or think of?

all answers are the same, SECURITY CHECKS!!!!!

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

barnaby wrote:why do they say they won't tell you anything until 6 months is up? It may be true, but they don't tell you anything ever.
I was wrong about this. My wife's phone calls and emails to the HO were ignored, but both her letter and our MP's enquiry did eventually (after the usual long delays) elicit a response. These responses are pretty vacuous, but contain more detail than just "the application is still being processed".