ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

diane

Post by diane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Guys

This application is really stressing me out. Craxy and MarksGrace I am a July applicant too (28 July) and received CoA (rights to work) same time (11 October)as you. I keep thinking of the worst. I am applying as unmarried partner. I am afraid they will reject after all these months of waiting. If CoA is issued, it does mean that my application is valid right?Anyone with CoA with rejection? Tell us your story>>

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm

diane wrote:Guys

This application is really stressing me out. Craxy and MarksGrace I am a July applicant too (28 July) and received CoA (rights to work) same time (11 October)as you. I keep thinking of the worst. I am applying as unmarried partner. I am afraid they will reject after all these months of waiting. If CoA is issued, it does mean that my application is valid right?Anyone with CoA with rejection? Tell us your story>>
hi dianne, I understand how you feel :( I am going through the same. I hope I get my RC soon, I can;t even get a decent nights sleep. All the time I keep wondering what if they reject my RC, and then I will have to appeal from outside the UK, and goodness knows how long I will be separate from my wife then... :( my mind just keeps thinking of the worst. :(

God help us! Although, I am sure if you get a COA with right to work, its only a matter of time. Thats what I have heard, but who knows :(
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am

Same to all of us buddy.. The more the delay the more we seem to think of the worst scenario but I think it's the mind and maybe how desperate we seem to need it but I believe with the COA with right to work, we stand the greatest chance of getting the RC cus they hv stopped giving RC to invalid applications like they used to do I think before April this year.With this EEA2 most refusals are based on 1. EEA national not excercisiing treaty right and 2. No private insurance if he/she is a student or 3. registrar sending letters that the marriage is sham.So if you believe your case is right and nothing close the these problems, then your RC is a gurrantee
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 am

Well i am in this boat since last year,got refused once after getting coa now just reapplied in 07 July this year got coa last month just waiting for rc pray for me guys please thanks,,i pray you guys get yours soon,i will up date as any thing comes up.
Got a question if any one has knowledge about it i did one post a while ago about it but didn't get any reply so please answer if any one has knowledge thanks in advance,well when i applied my wife she was working but couple of months later she stopped working and now she is full time student we sent all relevant docs like enrollment letter,c s i, my question is my case will be deal as worker or student many thanks.and also she is getting travel funding too..

Amari2051
Newly Registered

Post by Amari2051 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 am

Khan.789

Why was your application rejected?
How long did your application take to get rejected?

diane

Post by diane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Really? How do you know that they have stopped giving RC to invalid applications like they used to do since April?Do you have a reference for this? If this is the case I think I can at least have more hours sleep without the stress of thinking the worst like everyone here I believe.

I don't fall under any of those grounds of rejection that you have quoted. But it will leave me a peace of mind if I can read it on a reliable website?

Guys I did send a follow up email and letter to them last week. Let hope something will turn up.

For July Applicants, we are on our 4th month already..:(

amie1231 wrote:

Same to all of us buddy.. The more the delay the more we seem to think of the worst scenario but I think it's the mind and maybe how desperate we seem to need it but I believe with the COA with right to work, we stand the greatest chance of getting the RC cus they hv stopped giving RC to invalid applications like they used to do I think before April this year.With this EEA2 most refusals are based on 1. EEA national not excercisiing treaty right and 2. No private insurance if he/she is a student or 3. registrar sending letters that the marriage is sham.So if you believe your case is right and nothing close the these problems, then your RC is a gurrantee

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 pm

yeap, 119 days now that I have been without a passport :)

I really do not know whats taking them so long.

My wife got a EEA1 residence card a month before I applied for EEA2. So that means she is exercising treaty rights. And we sent our original marriage certificate, with proof of her and my health insurance , + her scholarship letters and course certificate. And I got a COA after 3 months with the right to work, so clearly they checked the validity of my documents before sending the COA out as they took their sweet time.

So I dont know what is taking so long to be honest. :(
===================

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Same Here

Post by fabioflashuk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Same here..
Nothing on the post.. already lost the house I was buying with my wife.. what a nightmare..

But. hey.. We will get it SOON!! be positive...

I wish to see some good news this week!!
craxy1102 wrote:yeap, 119 days now that I have been without a passport :)

I really do not know whats taking them so long.

My wife got a EEA1 residence card a month before I applied for EEA2. So that means she is exercising treaty rights. And we sent our original marriage certificate, with proof of her and my health insurance , + her scholarship letters and course certificate. And I got a COA after 3 months with the right to work, so clearly they checked the validity of my documents before sending the COA out as they took their sweet time.

So I dont know what is taking so long to be honest. :(

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Amari2051 wrote:Khan.789

Why was your application rejected?
How long did youra application take to get rejected?
well amari2051 my application was rejected because my passport was expired during application,it took exact 6 months.
Well in my case it was my fault and my case is a bit complicated too as long as all the documents are valid and up to date you shouldn't be worried after coa.

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Guys, when you say you sent a follow-up letter/e-mail, what do you say to them? I am waiting from 10th August, and beginning (well, continuing) to worry that there's still no COA. I sent a letter on 1 November to notify about change of address, and 20 days later there's still nothing... It's a nightmare (((

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 pm

fatefull wrote:Guys, when you say you sent a follow-up letter/e-mail, what do you say to them? I am waiting from 10th August, and beginning (well, continuing) to worry that there's still no COA. I sent a letter on 1 November to notify about change of address, and 20 days later there's still nothing... It's a nightmare (((
Well, when I wrote to them for the COA, i said something like , Dear Sir/Madam. With regards to my application for BLAH BLAH dated BLAH BLAH passport number BLAH BLAH, I would like to request for a COA. It would be kindly appreciated if the COA be dispatched at the following address at the earliest, etc etc.

Did you try calling them up friend?
===================

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

craxy1102 wrote: Well, when I wrote to them for the COA, i said something like , Dear Sir/Madam. With regards to my application for BLAH BLAH dated BLAH BLAH passport number BLAH BLAH, I would like to request for a COA. It would be kindly appreciated if the COA be dispatched at the following address at the earliest, etc etc.

I never got through to actually speak to somebody on the line. So I sent them a letter regarding new address and having not received COA yet.
And it was on 1st November that they should've received it with a new prepaid envelope I enclosed as well...

lee333

Post by lee333 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

fatefull wrote:
craxy1102 wrote: Well, when I wrote to them for the COA, i said something like , Dear Sir/Madam. With regards to my application for BLAH BLAH dated BLAH BLAH passport number BLAH BLAH, I would like to request for a COA. It would be kindly appreciated if the COA be dispatched at the following address at the earliest, etc etc.

I never got through to actually speak to somebody on the line. So I sent them a letter regarding new address and having not received COA yet.
And it was on 1st November that they should've received it with a new prepaid envelope I enclosed as well...
Try calling them tomorrow. It is sometimes quite quick to get through early/late in the day. I have found it gets busy around lunchtime.

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Well every application is different though same EEA2 we all sent, we might hv had different circumstances hence it not gonna be the same approach and time they willl use for the decisions.In my first post I meant they stopped issueing 'COA' to invalid applications and these days they check really well before they issue the COA so if you did get yours then there is a high probability of getting the RC(Read all refusal reasons on this site for EEA2 applications and you will see that the main reasons are treaty rights,private health insurance,registrars phoning for suspicious marriages and generally minor things like filling wrong forms and sending passports close to expirations etc.)
Basic documents they need:
1. Marriage Certificate( for married couples) or evidence of durable relationship for the legal duration
2. Both party passports
3. Pay slips /plus employment contract or any reasonable evidence of income
4. Private health insurance if EEA family member is a student(plus evidence of course studying etc)
5.Any more available evidence of genuine couple like birth certs of kids if you hv, different family photos,over reasonable period of time.

I think if your case is straight forward and you sent the right documents based on the circumstances of especially of your EEA partner/ spouse I think your RC is gurranteed.It was in the news three days ago that applications are at record high again now hence delays so at least the 6 month could be up before we get our RC.I am a June applicant,COA came September, no RC up till now and 1 month to wait for 6months to be up.
It's really not easy waiting at all especially when there is a lot to do with residence card.we need to take our kids for holidays, I need to get my drivers license to drive my step daughter to and from school,and a lot all depending on the RC and messages sent, All they saiid was they can't promise a particular day to track my application from the queue and it's been three weeks ago and still waiting.

My EEA spouse has worked continuously for 7 years,non of us has had any benifit, we have 10months old kid together and 8 yr old daughter from my wife's previous narriage,UKBA Force came to question us on our wedding day before we were allowed to marry.Our solicitor applied for the EEA2 for me,COA received but RC is delaying too much.Hope to get it soon!!!
Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am

amie1231 wrote:UKBA Force came to question us on our wedding day before we were allowed to marry.
Why?

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am

fatefull wrote:
amie1231 wrote:UKBA Force came to question us on our wedding day before we were allowed to marry.
Why?
Because they wanted to check whether it was a genuine marriage cus I had overstayed at that time.Their foolishness was they didn't know we have a child together etc and that was enough to prove that we were a genuine couple

diane

Post by diane » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

On your wedding day. Oh dear..

Anyway..for my case..applied as unmarried partner..

My only concern is that I don't have the joint bank account that literally covers two years. I do have my joint tenancy contact covering 3 years (since 2009-present). Till today same address. We weren't able to get the bank statements (2 years) because my partner purchased a property in the UK (investment) about 1.5-2 years ago and before that all his statements has been sent to that property. Only changed the address to our home since May 2011.I have explained the reasoning in my covering letter to UKBA.

Besides that, I have his employment letter addressed to our home dated 2010 and the joint tenancy contract covers May 2009-present. Apart from testimonials from both families (parents as witness staying with us during vacation) , flight tickets, photos covering 2009-present..thats all i included in my application.Will that be enough to prove us being in a durable relationship?

On top of that, my current work visa expired during the duration of this application. First submission was actually on May 22. Visa expired May 28. Application sent back on the 6 July asking for more supporting documents which I was able to provide and I re-submitted on the 28 July. Could that be a ground of refusal? My visa had already expired when I re-send the application with more docs as they asked.

But on top of all that I got the CoA (rights to work) in October. And now still waiting.

What do you guys think about my case?Any ideas?

amie1231 wrote:Well every application is different though same EEA2 we all sent, we might hv had different circumstances hence it not gonna be the same approach and time they willl use for the decisions.In my first post I meant they stopped issueing 'COA' to invalid applications and these days they check really well before they issue the COA so if you did get yours then there is a high probability of getting the RC(Read all refusal reasons on this site for EEA2 applications and you will see that the main reasons are treaty rights,private health insurance,registrars phoning for suspicious marriages and generally minor things like filling wrong forms and sending passports close to expirations etc.)
1. Marriage Certificate( for married couples) or evidence of durable relationship for the legal duration
2. Both party passports
4. Private health insurance if EEA family member is a student(plus evidence of course studying etc)
5.Any more available evidence of genuine couple like birth certs of kids if you hv, different family photos,over reasonable period of time.

I think if your case is straight forward and you sent the right documents based on the circumstances of especially of your EEA partner/ spouse I think your RC is gurranteed.It was in the news three days ago that applications are at record high again now hence delays so at least the 6 month could be up before we get our RC.I am a June applicant,COA came September, no RC up till now and 1 month to wait for 6months to be up.
It's really not easy waiting at all especially when there is a lot to do with residence card.we need to take our kids for holidays, I need to get my drivers license to drive my step daughter to and from school,and a lot all depending on the RC and messages sent, All they saiid was they can't promise a particular day to track my application from the queue and it's been three weeks ago and still waiting.

My EEA spouse has worked continuously for 7 years,non of us has had any benifit, we have 10months old kid together and 8 yr old daughter from my wife's previous narriage,UKBA Force came to question us on our wedding day before we were allowed to marry.Our solicitor applied for the EEA2 for me,COA received but RC is delaying too much.Hope to get it soon!!!

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

Post by MarksGrace » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

@Diane I'm in the same situation... I applied as an unmarried partner we first submitted our application January 31 but it was returned to us asking for more docs... so we asked for our bank manager to provide a letter stating our joint account... we only have 1.5 years cohabitation when we applied but we've been together for more than that and we have a son now... I resubmitted our docs 16th July coz I waited for his tax statement as proof of self employment... got COA with right to work... now we don't even know if we're getting our passports before christmas so we can go to Ireland :( I think as long as the EU citizen is practicing his EU treaty and the relationship is genuine there shouldn't be a problem but then again it all depends on the case worker... Goodluck to all of us! Are there any June applicants who got their RC????

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I think your documents are enough to prove a durable relationship.I wouldn't worry much Diane.I hv seen articles here where the couple didn't hv any documents like what you have;they just explained in writing why the applicant did not hv bills etc through that same address cus she was illegal and they got their RC.I would say just wait your RC is on the way
diane wrote:On your wedding day. Oh dear..

Anyway..for my case..applied as unmarried partner..

My only concern is that I don't have the joint bank account that literally covers two years. I do have my joint tenancy contact covering 3 years (since 2009-present). Till today same address. We weren't able to get the bank statements (2 years) because my partner purchased a property in the UK (investment) about 1.5-2 years ago and before that all his statements has been sent to that property. Only changed the address to our home since May 2011.I have explained the reasoning in my covering letter to UKBA.

Besides that, I have his employment letter addressed to our home dated 2010 and the joint tenancy contract covers May 2009-present. Apart from testimonials from both families (parents as witness staying with us during vacation) , flight tickets, photos covering 2009-present..thats all i included in my application.Will that be enough to prove us being in a durable relationship?

On top of that, my current work visa expired during the duration of this application. First submission was actually on May 22. Visa expired May 28. Application sent back on the 6 July asking for more supporting documents which I was able to provide and I re-submitted on the 28 July. Could that be a ground of refusal? My visa had already expired when I re-send the application with more docs as they asked.

But on top of all that I got the CoA (rights to work) in October. And now still waiting.

What do you guys think about my case?Any ideas?

amie1231 wrote:Well every application is different though same EEA2 we all sent, we might hv had different circumstances hence it not gonna be the same approach and time they willl use for the decisions.In my first post I meant they stopped issueing 'COA' to invalid applications and these days they check really well before they issue the COA so if you did get yours then there is a high probability of getting the RC(Read all refusal reasons on this site for EEA2 applications and you will see that the main reasons are treaty rights,private health insurance,registrars phoning for suspicious marriages and generally minor things like filling wrong forms and sending passports close to expirations etc.)
2. Both party passports

Last edited by amie1231 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marianna
Newly Registered

I got my RC today!

Post by Marianna » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:12 pm

I got my RC today! I am so surprised! It took less than 3 months.
My timeline is the following:
EEA2 sent: 29-08-12
Received by UKBA: 30-08-12
COA issued: 14-10-12
COA received: 24-10-12
RC issued: 05-11-12
RC received: 21-11-12
Thanks everybody for updates! It is so helpful!!!
Good Luck

diane

Re: I got my RC today!

Post by diane » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks a lot Amie!I hope and pray for the best and wish you luck too!

Marianna congratulations!Did you apply as a married or unmarried partner. Please tell us your story. You are so luckyyyy!!Fantastic news

Marianna wrote:I got my RC today! I am so surprised! It took less than 3 months.
My timeline is the following:
EEA2 sent: 29-08-12
Received by UKBA: 30-08-12
COA issued: 14-10-12
COA received: 24-10-12
RC issued: 05-11-12
RC received: 21-11-12
Thanks everybody for updates! It is so helpful!!!
Good Luck

fmf135
Newly Registered

Re: I got my RC today!

Post by fmf135 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Lucky you... Still waiting on mine,

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Marianna Congratulations!!!
Has anyone who applied in may received they RC??

My time line is the following:
EEA2 application (Married) sent: 30-05-2012
EEA2 application (Married) received by UKBA: 31-05-2012
COA issued : 20-08-2012 with right to Work
COA received: 23-08-2012
RC: waiting......

topixtrader
Newly Registered

Post by topixtrader » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Kixmug wrote:Marianna Congratulations!!!

My wife is waiting since May, 10th. I called them after 6 months, they confirmed still having all documents, couldn't give any completion date and acknowledge that the 6-months are over. I sent a request to EU SolvIt, which went to Germany. I got a case number there (within 5 days) and they try to resolve it now ...

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Kixmug wrote:Marianna Congratulations!!!

Congratulations Marianna.
I will never understand this random nature of decisions. Kixmug is closing in on 6 months, and still hasn't received the RC. Weird :(
===================