ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK address in child passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhupeshnaik
Newly Registered

UK address in child passport

Post by bhupeshnaik » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello,

I recently renewed my child passport at HCI London, they put the UK address in the last page of my child passport. While Both us MySelf and MyWife have Indian address on my passport. Is this fine? Will it create exceptions when we travel together at Indian immigration?

Whats the process of correcting this.

Bhupesh

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: UK address in child passport

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:01 am

bhupeshnaik wrote:Hello,

I recently renewed my child passport at HCI London, they put the UK address in the last page of my child passport. While Both us MySelf and MyWife have Indian address on my passport. Is this fine? Will it create exceptions when we travel together at Indian immigration?

Whats the process of correcting this.

Bhupesh
They put the address that you supplied in the form as permanent address for the child.
But there is no problem with this. We were in the similar situation where, when we had Indian passport, both the parents had Indian address and child had UK address we travelled couple of time back home together without any problems what so ever. We even had UK Dependent Visa stamped on child passport while in India with UK address.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 am

Its not really an issue, the address on the back of the passport is for information only.