ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:17 pm

s & s wrote:Skaur..thanx fr the rep..I hope they manage to give a satisfactory rep to ur husband..do let us know what happens..hoping fr the best..gud luck :)
Got a response today they had said that the fils under conferatiob ie is in process someone is looking at it and they will let us know before the10 jan. Secondly had an official letter from the house of commons saying they are investigating the case and if i need my mp to present me further or raise any other points please let him know. Any ideas guys xx
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am

sKAUR wrote:Got a response today they had said that the fils under conferatiob ie is in process someone is looking at it and they will let us know before the10 jan. Secondly had an official letter from the house of commons saying they are investigating the case and if i need my mp to present me further or raise any other points please let him know. Any ideas guys xx
You do not need to pursue them further. They will resond before your deadline, you need not worry as I've mentioned before, this is a waiting game and you'll need to hang in there.

s & s

Post by s & s » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

skaur..yea i guess theres no point in trying further coz they wil just come back to you with a standard reply..we just gotta sit tight untill the deadline..

@king2be..wanted to ask if they r suppose to come back to u with the outcome of the appeal right ON or bfre the deadline? or do they inform about it after the deadline has passed..what is the usual scenerio..thanx :)

@Aff_sha..u been invisible for quite smetime on ths forum..any news on ur side ? :)

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Well I guess I'm just going to wait now had enough of chasing after the bhc
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am

s & s wrote:@king2be..wanted to ask if they r suppose to come back to u with the outcome of the appeal right ON or bfre the deadline? or do they inform about it after the deadline has passed..what is the usual scenerio..thanx :)
The court expects a response be it a overturned or upheld decision, on or before the deadline date.

If the BHC/UKBA do not respond it doesn't go down well with the immigration judge. They don't always respond before the date and sometimes don't respond at all. But the figures for the UKBA are improving.

If they decide to uphold the decision they do not inform you, usually a letter for a court hearing comes from the AIT and that's when you realise they want to argue this in court or they haven't responded back to the AIT. Alternatively if they overturn you get what is known as a "Call letter" either in the form of a letter or an email and that's when you know you'll get a VISA. Some people are lucky, they get this within a few weeks, some people are not and have to go all the way to court.

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 pm

king2be98 wrote:
s & s wrote:@king2be..wanted to ask if they r suppose to come back to u with the outcome of the appeal right ON or bfre the deadline? or do they inform about it after the deadline has passed..what is the usual scenerio..thanx :)
The court expects a response be it a overturned or upheld decision, on or before the deadline date.

If the BHC/UKBA do not respond it doesn't go down well with the immigration judge. They don't always respond before the date and sometimes don't respond at all. But the figures for the UKBA are improving.

If they decide to uphold the decision they do not inform you, usually a letter for a court hearing comes from the AIT and that's when you realise they want to argue this in court or they haven't responded back to the AIT. Alternatively if they overturn you get what is known as a "Call letter" either in the form of a letter or an email and that's when you know you'll get a VISA. Some people are lucky, they get this within a few weeks, some people are not and have to go all the way to court.

Thank you at least I know what the next stage is
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

s & s

Post by s & s » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanx king2b fr the reply..:)

@abt2710..any news on ur side? Did u get any rep frm ur mp..cz I think nw u shud directly Jst gt ur passport..

su411
Newly Registered

Post by su411 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Has anybody heard anything yet? All I see is a series of refusals lately. Very disheartening!

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

All,
Am going to re-apply for my kid's visa and need couple of clarifications. Clarification on this would be highly useful and appreciated.

1. Do I need to mention the Refusal of Entry Clearance in the covering letter that my wife provides to BHC. If yes, it needs to be seperate letter or mention in the letter which explains the supporting document along with the application form.

2. In VAF4A - Personal application form, there is a question, "Do you have Home Office Reference Number" with Yes and No option. Do I need to select 'Yes' or 'No'??
If would be great if I can get an update by weekend as I'm planning to send the docs to India next week.

Many Thanks
Balaji.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

aff_sha_1

Post by aff_sha_1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I am not invisible.. no news yet from my side.. i hav written a email to bhc asking thm to kindly overturn the decision n gt a rply saying tht thy cant give any preference to anybody they follow a strict time procedure..n blah blah.. dnt no how many more mnths to go..sick of waiting :( now at the end i just need a positive solution thats it..!!

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 am

sKAUR wrote:Well I guess I'm just going to wait now had enough of chasing after the bhc
hi. im not sure if it helps. I have just passed my deadline, and i have not heard anything from bhc/ukba whereever its meant to come from. i have a court date sent for the 10th jan 2013

on my letter from court it makes a point of saying that the AIT have asked bhc 2 times for my file but no response.really they are meant o write as to why they are up holding the decision or if overturned. i know one girl her case was'nt even looked at but she got her bundle back after 5 weeks,
there is still a chance that they can over turn yours but you do have to wait.

zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi al this is my last post on this forum.as I have found my husband soon to be ex husbandhax only married me to get a visa and never had no intention to support mu children or have any hand in bringing up.my kids from my previous marriage. I am so glad I woke up to this before he got here and it was to late. Furthermore I now thank the british high commission for refusing him it was a god send thanks everyone though god bye
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm

hi,

just thought i would update you all of my process.
Well the deadline for the ECO to respond was last friday (23rd) 24 weeks, just spoke to the Appeal team, and no bundle has been sent back, and the next stage is, they send the ECO a reminder that the deadline time is up, and my case goes to another department for them to get me a court date, but it could take up to another 2 weeks before they look at this.
The lady on the phone said all you can do is wait.
Also i was told that the judge will just look at the paperwork that had been submitted with the appeal, if the bundle isant sent back in time.

Im not too sure what the ECO has been doing for the last 24 weeks.
I dont know why the ECO is given a deadline time as they clearly dont take any notice of it....

s & s

Post by s & s » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:06 pm

@angie..thanku fr Tht update..so despite of u giving calls to the bhc..they still ignored ur appeal n hvnt even sent it back yet..really dnt knw wt to say..wt ws the reason fr ur visa refusal ? N did u make paper appeal or n oral appeal ? Awaiting response..:)

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:28 pm

the reason for the refusal was the test results page for the A1 test was not given in, but the certificate was, they were satisfied with the pass etc, but still wanted the results page...
It is a oral hearing.
i just find it very annoying that the people at the BHC just have no urgency in anything they do, there just seems no reason to give them a deadline time, if they just choose to ignore it.
i sent in the test results with the refusal, so if they dont overturn it, its a waste of the judges time looking at something that is so simple, and shouldnt have to go this stage.

hopefull i will get a court date soon....

s & s

Post by s & s » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanku fr such a quick response..n honestly ures is such a straight fwd case n shud hve been overturned in a short span of time..unbelievable Hw it gets stretched fr no reason at all..Bt I think u still hve a Chance of being overturned..there r ppl whose decisions hve been overturned aftr deadline passes..if m Nt wrong u also tried contacting bhc couple of times innit ? Y dnt u try doing it again nw..Mayb tom or summat..see wt do they hve to say nw Tht ur deadline hs passed..

zandu
Newly Registered

Re: Visa granted - Spouse & child

Post by zandu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

shanmugak wrote:Hi,

My wife and son (1 yr) got their Settlement Visa (Spouse / Child visa) today.

Following is the list of documents they submitted along with the application:

1. Application
• Print out of online application (one for my wife and one for my son)

2. Passports
• Original and a copy of Wife's current Passport
• Original and a copy of Wife's previous Passport bearing maiden name.
• Original and a copy of Son's Passport

3.Relationship evidence
• Original Marriage Certificate citing our date and place of marriage
• Wedding invitation Card
• Photographs of our wedding and other photos taken together
• Land registry documents showing as the joint owners of the property.
• Letter from employer providing dependent details.
• Gmail Chat history to show the communication between me and my wife
• Airline & hotel booking made for honeymoon
• Greeting card sent for birthday and wedding anniversary.
• Son's Original Birth Certificate

4.Sponsor’s Details
• Copy of Sponsor’s Passport
• Copy of Sponsor’s ILR visa
• Copy of Sponsor’s previous visas (Work Permit visa, HSMP visa, Tier 1 visa etc.)

5.English Language requirement:
• Original Bachelor Degree Certificate (Bachelor Of Computer Applications from Bangalore University).
• Letter from the Bangalore University and College confirming that the course was taught in English.
• Screen shot showing the points awarded for English Language from Point Based Calculator.

6.Sponsor’s Employment Details & earning details:
• Original letter from employer stating salary and experience details with the company.
• Payslips from the employer for the last six months.
• One year of bank statements showing the recent salary credits.
• P60 for the year 2010-11 and 2011-12.

7.Accommodation details and address proof
• Land Registry Document
• Property Inspection Report issued by one of the UK’s leading real estate agent - Barnard Marcus
• Council Tax Demand Notice
• Water Bill
• Registration papers of Gas and Electricity supply
• Building Insurance Policy.

8.Proof of willingness from sponsor
• Original signed letter from me for wife and son.
• Signed SU07 letter for my wife and son.

10. Others
• Both of our Birth certificates to prove that we both were at least 18 years old at the time of marriage.
• Letter from bank providing details of personal loan taken
• Previous tier 1 dependant visa documents
• Immigration stamps and Airline tickets of Sponsor’s visits to India

Thank You,
Shanmuga K

------------------------------------------------------
20/07/2012= Submitted application @ VFS bangalore
23/07/2012= Under process at BHC
09/10/2012= Received call from BHC, chennai to provide employment contract
18/10/2012= Processed and Documents sent by Blue dart.
19/10/2012= Visa Granted
Hi Shanmuga

Appreciate the clear list of documents you have provided. I am planning to apply for my wife visa in Jan 2013. I am on ILR right now in UK.
Just want some clarifications
What is SU 07 letter. Is there any specific format for that. If so, please provide it to me.
You have said you provided another letter for sponsoring your wife. Please provide me the format for it.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
zu

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm

hi, just thought i would send a new update.
i received an e-mail this morning, with an attached lettter from the BHC,

dear applicant

in light of your representations the Entry Clearance Manager has reviewed the case and overturned the decision to refuse your application. Your application will be re-assesed and you will be provided with a new decison in due course. To proceed with your application please bring your passport to the BHC.

so i take it by this letter they have granted the visa????

does anyone know if the passports are stampted straight away, or will there be another waiting game..

many thanks

rsathish

Re: Visa granted - Spouse & child

Post by rsathish » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Shanmuga,

Can you tell for how many years was your wife and son granted visa for?
and what type of visa was it?

I am on ILR and have applied for wife's settlement on 4th Oct. Still waiting.
shanmugak wrote: My wife and son (1 yr) got their Settlement Visa (Spouse / Child visa) today.
------------------------------------------------------
20/07/2012= Submitted application @ VFS bangalore
23/07/2012= Under process at BHC
09/10/2012= Received call from BHC, chennai to provide employment contract
18/10/2012= Processed and Documents sent by Blue dart.
19/10/2012= Visa Granted

raz1979
Newly Registered

Post by raz1979 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 pm

angie36 wrote:hi, just thought i would send a new update.
i received an e-mail this morning, with an attached lettter from the BHC,

dear applicant

in light of your representations the Entry Clearance Manager has reviewed the case and overturned the decision to refuse your application. Your application will be re-assesed and you will be provided with a new decison in due course. To proceed with your application please bring your passport to the BHC.

so i take it by this letter they have granted the visa????

does anyone know if the passports are stampted straight away, or will there be another waiting game..

many thanks
Hi,

It means that the ECM has considered the new evidence in the appeal and will issue the visa after you submit your passport.

The BHC is open from 1030 - 1230 Monday to Friday. Take a printout of the attachment with you and they will make you wait for an hour or so and take your passport.

It will take under 2 weeks for them to return it to you. Its generally 5 days after the date on the Visa.

Hope it helps

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks Raz1979 that helps alot..
My husband is submitting 2 passports 1 for him and 1 for his daughter, do they both need to be there when the passports are submitted, or can my husband submit both of them.

regards

raz1979
Newly Registered

Post by raz1979 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:57 pm

angie36 wrote:Thanks Raz1979 that helps alot..
My husband is submitting 2 passports 1 for him and 1 for his daughter, do they both need to be there when the passports are submitted, or can my husband submit both of them.

regards
Hi,

I wouldnt give BHC any excuse, depending on her age she maybe classed as a minor and your husband submitting the passport for her should be enough.

After everything you have been through with the appeal etc dont give them an excuse to delay it anymore. Tell your husband to take her with him.

You should have your passports back with visa within two weeks at the latest after you've submitted them

angie36

Post by angie36 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 pm

hi Just to give you all another update,

Hy husband went to the BHC with his passport at 8.30 this morning, they told him to wait until 3pm. At 3pm the passport was handed back with the visa inside.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advise, this forum is so helpful..

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

angie36 wrote:hi Just to give you all another update,

Hy husband went to the BHC with his passport at 8.30 this morning, they told him to wait until 3pm. At 3pm the passport was handed back with the visa inside.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advise, this forum is so helpful..
Congratulations & Great News!! After so much of a wait, this should be a great relief to you.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi everyone. I posted in this forum in march of this year and my daughter did too.
My husbands spouse visa was refused and today I had his appeal.
I will let you know how it goes but in the mean time please pray for our appeal because I am dying for my husband to be with us. We have been apart for 7months already and it's really hard!!
If anyone has had experience with "tough" judges in appeals then please let me know how it was for you...